View Full Version : The changing location of Gerald's Donuts

jstaylor62
05-13-2010, 11:16 AM
All,

I was trying to remember all the places that Gerald's Donuts have moved to. Here is the list I can remember:

NW corner SW 59th and S Penn

SW corner SW 59th and S Penn in the shopping center

SW corner SW 74th and S Penn behind the gas station

5700 S Penn in the shopping center ( current location )

Does anyone remember anything different?

oneforone
05-13-2010, 12:36 PM
They had locations at

SW 51st & Penn in the old Circle K which is now a Teenage Liquor Store/Third World Convenience store.

89th & Penn in the shopping center that was attached to the Buchanan's before the church bought it and eventually tore it down.

Generals64
09-29-2010, 10:18 AM
They had locations at

SW 51st & Penn in the old Circle K which is now a Teenage Liquor Store/Third World Convenience store.

89th & Penn in the shopping center that was attached to the Buchanan's before the church bought it and eventually tore it down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought Goodwill was in the old Buchanan store. I know Drug Emporium was there for a while....

SOUTHSIDE GIRL
09-29-2010, 01:35 PM
I thought they were located at one time on 44th and Penn where the Blockbuster store was. Were they located on 29th street about Klein or Douglass if not what was the name of the donut store there it would have been back in the 60's

papaOU
09-29-2010, 03:13 PM
I thought they were located at one time on 44th and Penn where the Blockbuster store was. Were they located on 29th street about Klein or Douglass if not what was the name of the donut store there it would have been back in the 60's

Are you talking about Dennis Donuts?

oneforone
09-29-2010, 05:24 PM
You are correct, at one time a strip shopping center used to span to the north. The chuch bought that shopping center and used it as an annex. I believe the shopping center was demolished shortly after the larger chapel was completed on Southern Hills Baptist Church.

CarltonsKeeper
09-30-2010, 06:41 AM
S.E. corner of 74th and Penn on Penn facing the West!!

SOUTHSIDE GIRL
09-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Are you talking about Dennis Donuts?

Yes, I couldn't remember the name of the 29th street one but it was Dennis. I still think Gerald's was on 44th and Penn facing 44th

gen70
09-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Anybody remember the name of the donut shop that was in the strip shopping center at 59th and Weatern?

Generals64
09-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Anybody remember the name of the donut shop that was in the strip shopping center at 59th and Weatern?

which one?....when I managed the TG&Y store in the late 60's there were three before I left there....

gen70
09-30-2010, 11:36 AM
which one?....when I managed the TG&Y store in the late 60's there were three before I left there.... I only remember the one that was close to the pawn shop.

Generals64
09-30-2010, 11:59 AM
I only remember the one that was close to the pawn shop.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oops my mind went down off the ladder also. I was talking about the 59th and Penn Center. When I worked at 59th and Western was the Grand Opening and for about 6 months after that...

SoonerGirl26
10-18-2010, 10:18 PM

There was a "Gill's Donuts" there in the early 90's..... is that the one?

gen70
10-19-2010, 06:46 AM
There was a "Gill's Donuts" there in the early 90's..... is that the one? Not sure, I'am thinking about late 60's early 70's.

CarltonsKeeper
10-19-2010, 09:06 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oops my mind went down off the ladder also. I was talking about the 59th and Penn Center. When I worked at 59th and Western was the Grand Opening and for about 6 months after that...

Was the original Gerald's the one that was on S. Penn East side of street behind where Crystals Pizza was and the barber shop?

Generals64
10-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Was the original Gerald's the one that was on S. Penn East side of street behind where Crystals Pizza was and the barber shop?

could have been...However, that was at 74th & S. Penn

CarltonsKeeper
10-19-2010, 01:29 PM
could have been...However, that was at 74th & S. Penn

That's where I was referring to! I just knew you would know the answer!! You've been slippin' every since that Moose head fell on you!! LOL!!

papaOU
10-19-2010, 11:37 PM
That was no moose head (Moose Head), that was his toupee

Generals64
10-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Someday I will be able to actually have something legitimate to harass you two about....I hurt where I didn't know a person could hurt....But I'm almost as tough as you two and a little closer to being as tough as Prunepicker but no where as tough as Soonergirl 26 so I'll get over it....I hope....

SoonerGirl26
10-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Someday I will be able to actually have something legitimate to harass you two about....I hurt where I didn't know a person could hurt....But I'm almost as tough as you two and a little closer to being as tough as Prunepicker but no where as tough as Soonergirl 26 so I'll get over it....I hope....

That's right...... TOUGH is my middle name!!!! ....teehee.... MAN-UP Gens64!!!!!

Seriously.... I hope you are feeling better and like I said before, just leave that moose head crooked next time. If you would have left it crooked in the first place, the earthquake last week might have straightened it up for you!!!

Speaking of earthquake..... I felt the aftershock yesterday around 1:00pm... it only lasted for 1 or 2 seconds, but again I thought something had fallen on my roof. So weird......

~~~