View Full Version : The Whole Enchilada Cafe...

warreng88
03-07-2010, 08:52 AM
I got an e-mail from the Paseo Grill stating they were going to open "The Whole Enchilada Cafe" downtown in May of 2010. Anyone know anything about this?

PennyQuilts
03-07-2010, 08:55 AM
No, but anything with enchilada in the name gets my attention.

Diesel54
03-07-2010, 09:38 AM
It is going in on the first floor of the Santa Fe parking garage across from the Chase building. It's replacing the short lived Puzzles Cafe.

kevinpate
03-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Just what OKC needs, another place to order an enchilada.
Then again, maybe it'll be so good it'll knock a few hats off.

PennyQuilts
03-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Sombreros, Kevin. Get it right!

kevinpate
03-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Sombreros, Kevin. Get it right!

We're apparently chowin' down in different places PQ.
:LolLolLol

Place I visit only way to see a sombero getting knocked off is iffin somebody bumps one that's hangin' on a wall.

Dustin
03-07-2010, 03:30 PM
No, but anything with enchilada in the name gets my attention.

Ditto

CCOKC
03-07-2010, 04:57 PM
I got the same e mail the other day as well. There is also a sign in the restaurant on the ground floor of the Santa Fe Parking garage that says they were bought by the folks at Paseo Grill and a Mexican Restaurant will be opening soon. Ergo....

metro
03-09-2010, 11:37 AM
http://okc.biz/article/03-04-2010/New_Mexican_restaurant_concept_to_open_Downtown.as px

New Mexican restaurant concept to open Downtown
Pamela Grady

Joe Jungmann Taking 2,000 square feet at 4 Santa Fe Plaza where Puzzle’s Café & Bakery once stood in Downtown Oklahoma City, Paseo Grill’s owners Joe Jungmann and Leslie Rawlinson are working on their latest concept.

The duo plans to open The Whole Enchilada Café, a traditional Mexican food eatery with an emphasis on quality food served fast.

“Everything will be about speed and quality food on this concept,” Jungmann said.

Jungmann adds he plans to open the restaurant within the next 45 to 60 days, although right now his crew is busy cleaning up the space and evaluating the building’s kitchen design.

“We’ll serve enchiladas, burritos, several varieties of beans and rice, and then tacos. Tacos is where we’ll be able to expand out a little bit. We’ll also carry healthy food choices—a taco salad, a pesto salad, and a fajita salad with chicken. The goal is to have a four to seven minute cook time, you’ll get your food very, very quickly,” Jungmann said. “Right now, we’re going to go in there to see what the kitchen will allow me to do. My (menu) ideas are grand but I’m might have to narrow them down and then build them back out. And then once we get going we’ll focus on catering to the office buildings down there.”

The restaurant will also have an order pickup area for patrons on the go. Customers will be able to order online, through a kiosk on-site, or simply by ordering and dining in.

Seating capacity for the inside of the restaurant will be around 50, but Jungmann says he plans to add about 15 to 20 tables outside in a patio setting.

Restaurant hours will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. In the future, Jungmann says the café will possibly open for special events downtown.

SkyWestOKC
03-09-2010, 08:10 PM
11am -> 2pm?

Talk about horrible hours. Stay open until 5PM and catch some people leaving work who want a quick taco.

soonerguru
03-09-2010, 09:46 PM
11am -> 2pm?

Talk about horrible hours. Stay open until 5PM and catch some people leaving work who want a quick taco.

Isn't that his right as a business owner to establish his own hours?

Sorry, couldn't resist, as I know you're a self-described free-market conservative.

metro
03-10-2010, 07:57 AM
11am -> 2pm?

Doesn't make much sense. Would probably cost the guy more to stay open from 2-6pm than he'd make during the 5 o'clock hour.

PennyQuilts
03-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Isn't that his right as a business owner to establish his own hours?

Sorry, couldn't resist, as I know you're a self-described free-market conservative.

I think even self-described free-market conservatives are allowed to offer a suggestion. There is a difference, you know, from giving input - essentially making conversation - and not wanting the government to interfere. If you can't tell the difference, that may explain a few things about why people differ in their political positions.

SkyWestOKC
03-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Offering my input is part of a free market. My input is: I cannot eat at this restaurant ever because of the hours. Thus my input is now: he will not get my money. Thus my input is now: the other Mexican joint I like going to will get my money because they can serve food to me during the time I am off work.

Silly me, I apologize for contributing in a thread. Next time I will be sure to run it by a market analyst, the business owner, and do some more research before offering my opinion.

Larry OKC
03-11-2010, 01:31 AM
...Silly me, I apologize for contributing in a thread. Next time I will be sure to run it by a market analyst, the business owner, and do some more research before offering my opinion.

See, that is all we are asking for...now that wasn't so hard was it?

(I kid)

SkyWestOKC
03-11-2010, 05:44 AM
See, that is all we are asking for...now that wasn't so hard was it?

(I kid)

LOL, if someone would have just told me that in the first place!

metro
03-11-2010, 07:33 AM
There's plenty of businesses, mainly restaurants downtown that close at 2pm. No different really. I'm sure if they are successful they will expand their hours.

LordGerald
03-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Lunch only operation would be ideal for this location, actually. The rent for this space is dirt cheap. $1,042 a month.

soonerguru
05-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Is this open yet?

Easy180
05-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Newsok article said it opened on the 18th

metro
05-27-2010, 08:48 AM
yes it's open.

HOT ROD
05-27-2010, 11:22 PM
any reviews yet?

Insider
05-28-2010, 06:41 AM
I will be eating here today at lunch. I will post reviews later today...

metro
05-28-2010, 08:15 AM
yeah, anyone eaten a whole enchilada there yet?

BBatesokc
06-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Ate there yesterday. Neat little cafe with both indoor and outdoor dinning.

I give it 3/5 stars. The place decorated great and looked clean, there was no line at noon and the salsa bar was nice. The cheese enchilada was better than average and the three different tacos I tried were all good. I don't think it is nearly as good as Big Truck Taco, but certainly better than Chelino's, Bueno, etc. The price is nice too! You can get full for $5.

I took a quick pic of my tacos (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31381563&l=4f55a92a55&id=1283820411).