View Full Version : Summerfield

Hondo1
03-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Anyone familiar with this area? It's around 122nd and Meridian. It looks sort of like a planned community that is well maintened. Maybe a good area for empty nesters?

CaseyCornett
03-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Sounds about right. The soccer complex in the neighborhood "Hat Trick" is packed every night which brings a lot of traffic in that area but overall good neighborhood with one of the best neighborhoods in the city across the street...Val Verde

CCOKC
03-03-2010, 04:49 PM
I was in one of the duplexes there just last week. It was nice, well-maintained by an empty nester. So it sounds like you had the area pegged pretty well. And just like Casey said it is surrounded by nicer homes in Val Verde, the Greens etc. It is also close to the Lake Hefner Pkwy to the east, Lake Hefner to the South, Memorial and all that entails to the north and quite a bit of retail to the west so all in all it is somewhat peaceful yet convenient to lots of stuff at the same time.

jonno
03-03-2010, 04:56 PM
There is a park just south of Summerfield along Meridian that the City has been doing what appears to be significant work to recently. It seems pretty nice. And watch out for deer crossing Meridian at night.... see them there and inside the water plant fence all the time.

Jethrol
03-03-2010, 05:13 PM
I like the Summerfield addition and looked at houses there when I was in the market. If they would bulldoze the apartments and condos it would be a lot better but there are still nice homes there.

betts
03-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Depends on what you want to do as an empty nester. Golf and tennis? Sure. I'm an almost empty nester and I prefer what's going on downtown. It's all matter of preference.

julieriggs
03-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Also, the Summerfield area is very convenient to Mercy Hospital and the Oklahoma Heart Hospital, located just a mile to the North.

redrunner
03-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Everyone is spot on. I have a friend that lives in Summerfield. There are many empty nesters. Homes and yards are well kept. We went to an open house on Rankin Rd. this past weekend. Great house for sale with an in ground pool. Overall it seems like a pretty quiet neighborhood with a great location.