View Full Version : New Mayor

Redskin 70
03-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I hear that Russell Lost the election, anyone have any numbers?

smooth
03-03-2010, 07:17 AM
I hear that Russell Lost the election, anyone have any numbers?

Yes.

Jack Fry 1,842
Russell Smith 1,790

This is close enough that Smith could challange it.

kay
03-03-2010, 09:24 AM
As I understand it the absentee vote haven't been included in that yet.

Lauri101
03-04-2010, 03:01 AM
52 votes is close, but not unheard of in Midwest City.

I was going to vote for Russell but changed my mind on last day. On Monday, we received two phone calls - one robo and one real person - asking for our vote for Russell. I told the real guy - I've got a sign in my yard and Russell has my vote, unless you call me again. If I get one more call, my vote is gone to Jack Fry.

I got another call Tuesday! Maybe Mayor Smith pissed off 26 of us like that.

My castle, my rules - and I hate to be disturbed during my kick-back time or bedtime!

PennyQuilts
03-04-2010, 06:42 AM
52 votes is close, but not unheard of in Midwest City.

I was going to vote for Russell but changed my mind on last day. On Monday, we received two phone calls - one robo and one real person - asking for our vote for Russell. I told the real guy - I've got a sign in my yard and Russell has my vote, unless you call me again. If I get one more call, my vote is gone to Jack Fry.

I got another call Tuesday! Maybe Mayor Smith pissed off 26 of us like that.

My castle, my rules - and I hate to be disturbed during my kick-back time or bedtime!

Hahaha!! Love it. Good for you, Queenie!

mmonroe
03-05-2010, 12:18 PM
We need a more progressive mayor, or city manager... i don't care either way, but I'd like to see more renovations beyond just 29th street.

Lauri101
03-05-2010, 01:32 PM
I agree - although I love the Town Center area, it's sad to see the rest of MWC get neglected. A little aggressive marketing could do wonders!

Hey - maybe we could have a MWC-Maps? lol

Redskin 70
03-06-2010, 06:43 AM
We need a more progressive mayor, or city manager... i don't care either way, but I'd like to see more renovations beyond just 29th street.

The city manager merely plows the field in the direction the council want.
That being said, the mayor cant even buy a box of pencils without the city manager.
Youv,e got a good manager, and your development of 29th is to be admired by other cities across the state..............

Heritage Mall wasnt the fault of the city.....but the change in shopping patterns, demographics, and developers in your town.

Thats what happened to Del City............demographics and shopping habits, coupled with white flight doomed her.........

mmonroe
03-06-2010, 01:37 PM
I agree - although I love the Town Center area, it's sad to see the rest of MWC get neglected. A little aggressive marketing could do wonders!

Hey - maybe we could have a MWC-Maps? lol

I LOVE THE IDEA!

The city manager merely plows the field in the direction the council want.
That being said, the mayor cant even buy a box of pencils without the city manager.
Youv,e got a good manager, and your development of 29th is to be admired by other cities across the state.........

This is true, but like above, i'd like to see a MAPS type project for MWC.