View Full Version : Sobriety Checkpoint News

Thunder
02-18-2010, 12:54 PM
The Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office and the Midwest City Police Department will be conducting a sobriety checkpoint Saturday (02.20.2010) night to decrease the number of alcohol related car crashes and promote a safer environment for the general public.

fuzzytoad
02-18-2010, 12:59 PM
where?

Thunder
02-18-2010, 01:00 PM
The location(s) can't be disclosed. Obviously it's Midwest City, so avoid the city that night.

Midtowner
02-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Or you could just avoid drunk driving.

Then you're 100% sure not to get a DUI.

Oh.. and pay your insurance.

easternobserver
02-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Why would you even post this? There should be no "avoid the checkpoint" sentiment. I think these checkpoints should be out every night -- there are too many drunk and uninsured drivers out on the roads.

Thunder
02-19-2010, 01:58 AM
easternobserver, some of us do not like the traffic delay.

Lauri101
02-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Why would you even post this? There should be no "avoid the checkpoint" sentiment. I think these checkpoints should be out every night -- there are too many drunk and uninsured drivers out on the roads.

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

And no bail for those arrested. There is never an excuse to get behind the wheel of a car after drinking or under the influence of anything.

oneforone
02-20-2010, 01:09 AM

There is one more thing to add.... Make sure you have your license and a current insurance card on you as well.

I went through the one at 23rd and Spencer Road. They were checking every car so I had my stuff ready.

The whole event went like this....

Me: Good evening officers, how are you this evening?

Officer: Great, we are checking DL's, Insurance and Tags. Is everything up to date?

Me: Yes, sir. (I hand them my cards, they check my plates.)

Officer: Everything looks good sir. Thank you for your cooperation, you may go.

That took all of 3 minutes of my time.

Redskin 70
02-20-2010, 06:21 AM
sounds like a Jack booted thug invasion of my freedom of movement, and freedom of expression, unconstitutional issue to me........:woowoo:

That being said...........do what the man says, dont drink and drive, have a valid dirvers license, valid tag registration and insurance and you will be just fine......thank you please very much.:LolLolLol

buckt
02-20-2010, 07:49 AM

Yep - what he said....

OKCisOK4me
02-20-2010, 08:46 AM
:congrats::congrats::congrats:

And no bail for those arrested. There is never an excuse to get behind the wheel of a car after drinking or under the influence of anything.

Not if you're the only car on the roads for miles. jk. But in all reality, have a Drunk Decoy or a designated driver if you're going to go out over there tonight...or anywhere for that matter...

And if you don't have insurance, don't drive--EVER!

ddavidson8
02-21-2010, 08:48 AM
What's a Drunk Decoy?

Jethrol
02-21-2010, 09:06 AM
sounds like a Jack booted thug invasion of my freedom of movement, and freedom of expression, unconstitutional issue to me........:woowoo:
Yeah I remember hearing something about that in our constitution like no illegal searches. Haha, I was tempted to take a stand one time but then I realized that these random drunk stops might actually keep drunks off the road. Besides it's a relatively painless search...now if they had on rubber gloves and said it was going to be a full body cavity search, I would have been http://www.okctalk.com/images/smilies/fighting30.gif lol