View Full Version : Introducing myself-DallasCop2566

DallasCop2566
02-03-2010, 04:17 AM
Grew up in Northwest area of Oklahoma City.

Attended elementary school at Putnam Heights Elementary, Junior High at Harding Junior/Senior High and High School at Central High School graduating in 1963.

Worked for Dub Richardson Ford and Allied Super Markets (Humpty Dumpty Grocery Stores) until being drafted into the Army in 1966. Upon discharge from the service, moved to Dallas, Texas and joined the police department.

Worked as a Patrol Officer, Traffic Officer (Freeway Patrol), Accident Investigator and Hit and Run Detective.

Retired in 1995 when assigned as one of two detectives assigned to the Vehicular Homicide Unit of the Vehicle Crimes Section.

Married a student at Southwestern Bible College in Oklahoma City three days prior to entering the service in 1966. We still live in Dallas and have one son living in the Dallas area and involved in the corporate security field.

Found this site while trying to remember the name of a barbeque restaurant located on N.W. 10th Street and discovered the name was Han's Barbeque which I remember as being originally located on N.E. 23rd Street.

kevinpate
02-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Good morning and welcome aboard. Come back for a visit if you haven't in recent years. You won't hardly recognize the place.

DallasCop2566
02-03-2010, 05:58 AM
The last time I was in OKC was in 2001 and I was absolutely lost. New freeways and all the change to the downtown area. Went by old Central High and found it was a telephone company building now.

Hope to come visit later this year and look up the few remaining friends that still live there.

Change is sometimes an evil of ways, sad to see things you so remember.

PennyQuilts
02-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Oh, do come back to visit. The city is going great and has lots of changes but it is still OKC.

Midtowner
02-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Harding has reopened as a charter high school. It's the #3 academic school in the state now.