View Full Version : Perspective-skewing Oklahoma City Museum of Art installation challenges ideas of art

urbanity
01-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Perspective-skewing Oklahoma City Museum of Art installation challenges ideas of art | OKG Scene.com (http://www.okgazette.com/p/12776/a/5500/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=LwBwAC8AMQAyADgAMwAzAC8AYQA vADUANQAwADAALwBEAGUAZgBhAHUAbAB0AC4AYQBzAHAAeAAsl ashAFIAZQB0AHUAcgBuAFUAcgBsAD0ATAB3AEIARQBBAEcAVQB BAFoAZwBCAGgAQQBIAFUAQQBiAEEAQgAwAEEAQwA0AEEAWQBRA EIAegBBAEgAQQBBAGUAQQBBAHMAbABhAHMAaABBAEgAQQBBAFA AUQBBAHgAQQBEAEkAQQBPAEEAQQB6AEEARABNAEEA)

FritterGirl
01-27-2010, 12:00 PM
I cannot WAIT to see this exhibition. OKCMOA is really bringing in some fascinating and unique exhibits. A big change from the traditional impressionist paintings. Hopefully, this will bring new audiences to the museum as well as open up new avenues of thought to the patrons.

The exhibit they're bringing later on in the Spring is mindblowing, too! A real show-stopper ;-)!

PennyQuilts
01-27-2010, 12:03 PM
I cannot WAIT to see this exhibition. OKCMOA is really bringing in some fascinating and unique exhibits. A big change from the traditional impressionist paintings. Hopefully, this will bring new audiences to the museum as well as open up new avenues of thought to the patrons.

The exhibit they're bringing later on in the Spring is mindblowing, too! A real show-stopper ;-)!

What is one the way this spring - is that confidential?

FritterGirl
01-27-2010, 12:23 PM
What is one the way this spring - is that confidential?

They've not officially announced anything and I don't want to steal my fellow marketing colleague's thunder by putting anything out too early.

Let's just say it will "look fabulous, dahling!"

Take that and the hint from my first reply and see if you might be able to come up with an idea or two.

PennyQuilts
01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
They've not officially announced anything and I don't want to steal my fellow marketing colleague's thunder by putting anything out too early.

Let's just say it will "look fabulous, dahling!"

Take that and the hint from my first reply and see if you might be able to come up with an idea or two.

Will you come back and remind us once the thunder has struck so we won't accidently miss it? Thanks!

FritterGirl
01-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Will you come back and remind us once the thunder has struck so we won't accidently miss it? Thanks!

Absolutely, when the new exhibition is "ready for its close-up," I'll def come back and share. I'm sure, though, that word will be all over the place.

In the meantime, don't hesitate to visit the new light perspectives show.

It is getting RAVE reviews.

PennyQuilts
01-28-2010, 09:04 AM
FritterGirl always has good stuff...

okcarch
02-19-2010, 08:45 PM
It's not a secret as it has been advertised at the OKCMOA for months. If you go to the Museum, you have seen the giant posters in the lobby. They put these up giving a sneak peek for the next 3-4 exhibits coming.

Sketch to Screen, The Art of Hollywood Costume Design will be at the OKCMOA May 6-Aug 15. This is going to be a fantasic exhibit showing over

Following that will be La Serenissima:
Eighteenth-century Venetian Art from North American Collections
Sept. 9, 2010 – Jan. 2

Then: Series for Contemporary Art
Jonathan Hils
Sept. 9, 2010 – Jan. 2, 2011