View Full Version : Oklahoma Lakes

gen70
01-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Got memories or information?

kevinpate
01-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Eufaula - #9 Landing on Hwy 9 (a tad amazing we always made it back home safely)
Kerr - day or night beach visits, hanging at the lock's observation deck
Cedar - always cold, nice camping and hiking, sunsets up on Talimena drive
Wister - wee hours fishing with pops, camping, submarine nights

Rarely visited the others, though they are plentiful indeed, as are our rivers.

rcjunkie
01-09-2010, 05:28 AM
Eufaula - #9 Landing on Hwy 9 (a tad amazing we always made it back home safely)
Kerr - day or night beach visits, hanging at the lock's observation deck
Cedar - always cold, nice camping and hiking, sunsets up on Talimena drive
Wister - wee hours fishing with pops, camping, submarine nights

Rarely visited the others, though they are plentiful indeed, as are our rivers.

Lake Wister is a great place to fish, if you're looking for a place to ski, personal watercraft, swim, not the ideal place.

kevinpate, do you live near Wister, I have 100's of relatives in the area (Wister, Howe, Heavener, Poteau), beautiful part of the state.

PennyQuilts
01-09-2010, 08:28 AM
I know it isn't pretty but late night sails on Lake Thunderbird with the stars out. Just heaven.

kevinpate
01-09-2010, 08:38 AM
... kevinpate, do you live near Wister, I have 100's of relatives in the area (Wister, Howe, Heavener, Poteau), beautiful part of the state.

Only in my heart these days. Was raised in the area, but have been way way this side of Hwy 75 for a couple of decades and a few. I get back when I can, and yes, it is very beautiful country.

rcjunkie
01-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Only in my heart these days. Was raised in the area, but have been way way this side of Hwy 75 for a couple of decades and a few. I get back when I can, and yes, it is very beautiful country.

I myself never lived in the area, spent several summers and vacations in Howe at my grand parents farm. It's nice to go visit, the pace is so much slower, the air seems fresher, and for the most part, people seem friendlier.

nik4411
01-09-2010, 02:52 PM
soooo many memories from eufaula. sort of grew up there. lakeview country estates, we had a dock/boat in the cove next to bigsby creek. not far from the dam. had a cabin over there.

love lake tenkiller. what a great lake. great fishing. one thing i love about that lake is the abundance of nice marinas. they are kept up, are in great shape, and most or all have restaraunts with pretty good food.

gen70
01-13-2010, 05:51 PM
I've been to about every lake in Oklahoma but, my favorties are Tenkiller, Texoma, Eufaula and Grand. I placed this thread in the wrong place and think the mods might want to move it to another spot.

nik4411
01-14-2010, 07:14 AM
I've been to about every lake in Oklahoma but, my favorties are Tenkiller, Texoma, Eufaula and Grand. I placed this thread in the wrong place and think the mods might want to move it to another spot.

have you ever done any camping on any of the islands at tenkiller?

ewoodard
01-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Spent many summers at Eufala myself, parents now have a cabin just off Hiway 9.

RC you say you have family from Poteau, my aunt and uncle used to live there. My uncle ran a tire shop and a couple of apertments and self storage units. They now live in Pocola.

rcjunkie
01-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Spent many summers at Eufala myself, parents now have a cabin just off Hiway 9.

RC you say you have family from Poteau, my aunt and uncle used to live there. My uncle ran a tire shop and a couple of apertments and self storage units. They now live in Pocola.

Several Uncles, Aunts, Cousins and their families. (Halls, Swinefords).

sam greenroyd
01-19-2010, 04:17 PM
I've had a place at Eufaula since 1980 at Pourm Landing. Beautiful place to be, nice clear water and good people to be around. Best not be in a hurry to get anything done because it's not going to happen. lol

Fastfwd
01-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Grew up on Texoma……spent a lot of days in the sun on the beaches of Texoma with beer and music and some bikini clad females. Good times!

gen70
01-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Grew up on Texoma……spent a lot of days in the sun on the beaches of Texoma with beer and music and some bikini clad females. Good times!

Same here. Good times indeed.

gen70
01-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I've had a place at Eufaula since 1980 at Pourm Landing. Beautiful place to be, nice clear water and good people to be around. Best not be in a hurry to get anything done because it's not going to happen. lol

Hurry pace..No good.

gen70
01-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Hurry pace..No good.

I'am a pretty lucky man to have been brought up on the OK lakes.

kevinpate
01-29-2010, 08:50 PM
I'am a pretty lucky man to have been brought up on the OK lakes.

I was only a frequent visitor to our lakes while growing up, but, ohhhh yeah.

MJM sleepy
01-30-2010, 01:42 AM
I am new to the board but as a kid we were lake junkies,back in the 60's-early 80's.

Lake Murray was a family favorite & it is still my favorite lake to this day.

Learned to ski & love the water & the boating fun I grew up with.

I thank My Mom & Dad(RIP) all the time for raising us on the lake & keepin us 3 kids out of the streets in the summer,