View Full Version : KTOK on FM, kind of

Nermel
01-08-2010, 05:15 PM
KTOK is now simulcasting on KXXY's HD2 signal. Certainly will help with people trying to listen at night - and in environments where AM radio reception sucks.

MikeOKC
01-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Can you listen to KTOK online? Speaking of, with most all of the big stations from Clear Channel, CBS/Infinity, Cox, Citadel, etc. streaming online across the country...why is tiny (though successful) Renda Broadcasting such a holdout? Magic, KOMA and KRXO are all no shows in streaming online. Renda is such a jerk, that partly plays a big part in it. If it won't make the quick buck, what's the point? Am I close? As long as I'm talking Renda, they should simulcast KOMA again at 1520 or at least put a "Music of Your Life" type format on the air in OKC. Think KAAM in Dallas: Big Bands, Lounge singers, Standards mixed in with Manilow, Streisand. Great 50+ format and that's a niche that isn't filled in OKC. Anything would be better than KOKC

oneforone
01-09-2010, 02:59 PM
KTOK does have online feed however, the feeds a down today for some reason.

bluedogok
01-09-2010, 03:03 PM
I remember when KRXO had an online feed but that may have been years ago before they all shut down for awhile over performance rights fees.

theparkman81
01-09-2010, 03:15 PM
I think its kinda cool that they are doing this, but it leads me to wonder if they are going to drop the format of KXY (hopefully not, I been listening to KXY since I was a little child.) and replace it with KTOK programming. I know that KXY ratings have drop some in the past years.

Bunty
01-10-2010, 08:47 PM
KTOK is now simulcasting on KXXY's HD2 signal. Certainly will help with people trying to listen at night - and in environments where AM radio reception sucks.

Cool news. Thanks. KTOK AM narrowly shoots straight up I-35 at night while missing Stillwater and Enid in the process.

Bunty
01-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Interestinglly enough, last year KRMG 740 AM in Tulsa, a station like KTOK, decided to simulcast on analog FM 102.3, Tulsa-Sand Springs last year.

SoonerQueen
01-13-2010, 12:46 AM
For some reason the two radio stations I listen to most I can't listen to on line. I've tried to stream KTOK and WWLS and neither one work. I think it's the players they use. I can get KTOK on the I heart radio, and WWLS on another internet radio player, but both are silent on their webpages. I wish they would change players to ones that work for all of us.

SoonerQueen
01-17-2010, 01:03 AM
I have news. KTOK changed their online radio player to the I Heart Radio, and all I have to do is click on the "listen" button and I can hear it loud and clear. It was a nice surprise to get to hear KTOK again on line. If WWLS would do the same thing by changing players, all would be better in my world.

rcjunkie
01-17-2010, 10:09 AM
It depends on what I'm looking for or wanting to hear, for sports it's definitely WWLS, for news (both local and national) it's KTOK, until Mark Shannon comes on then I unplug the radio so that there's no chance of bleed through.

Nermel
01-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Soonerqueen: US Radio Stations - The Stream Center USA - Searchable directory of America's streaming local radio stations. (http://www.thestreamcenter.com) is a very good website for finding radio stations that stream, etc...

oneforone
01-17-2010, 09:57 PM
I have news. KTOK changed their online radio player to the I Heart Radio, and all I have to do is click on the "listen" button and I can hear it loud and clear. It was a nice surprise to get to hear KTOK again on line. If WWLS would do the same thing by changing players, all would be better in my world.

I doubt WWLS will do that. I believe I Heart is a product of clear channel.