View Full Version : PF Changs Warning

Richard at Remax
12-29-2009, 09:33 AM
I couldn't find a thread on PF Changs but thought I would share my experience last night.

First of all the food rocked but that's not my complaint.

Went there last night for my bday dinner. My friend and I both ordered the same thing to which our server said "why don't you share that dish and then order something else to try something new?" We politely declined. When our food was brought out we recieved everything we ordered plus a random dish where our waitress told us that she bought us so we could try something new. We thought this was nice so we ate it. I think it was mongolian beef or something of that sort.

Well the bill came and she charged us for the extra plate that she ordered for us. We asked her to take it off cause we didn't want it but she said since we ate it we had to pay for it. A moment of bewilderment ensued. Also we were charged $5 for the supposed complementary bday cake shot. Finally after a heated debate we finally got it taken off. It's not about the money at all it's the misdirection that they tried to get past us.

We won't be going back but thought I would warn people who are thinking about going.

Richard

mugofbeer
12-29-2009, 09:48 AM
This sounds like something the waiter did to boost the bill rather than a policy of PF Chang's. I applaud you for standing your ground. Some people wouldn't. I would make a phone call to the restaurant general manager and file a complaint about that specific waiter.

absonjourney
12-29-2009, 03:11 PM
I also had something the waiter ordered for me at PF Changs but I was not charged. Sounds like a sneaky waiter to me.

Bigrayok
12-29-2009, 03:28 PM
I like P.F. Changs ok but I usually eat alone and some of their dishes are not economical for a person eating alone. I like their Won Ton soup but they will only give it in a large bowl, not in a small cup. I like to support local asian restaurants and Grand House is just as good as P.F. Changs for me and I usually pay about half at Grand House that I pay at P.F. Changs.

Bigray in Ok

decepticobra
12-30-2009, 07:49 AM
I couldn't find a thread on PF Changs but thought I would share my experience last night.

First of all the food rocked but that's not my complaint.

Went there last night for my bday dinner. My friend and I both ordered the same thing to which our server said "why don't you share that dish and then order something else to try something new?" We politely declined. When our food was brought out we recieved everything we ordered plus a random dish where our waitress told us that she bought us so we could try something new. We thought this was nice so we ate it. I think it was mongolian beef or something of that sort.

Well the bill came and she charged us for the extra plate that she ordered for us. We asked her to take it off cause we didn't want it but she said since we ate it we had to pay for it. A moment of bewilderment ensued. Also we were charged $5 for the supposed complementary bday cake shot. Finally after a heated debate we finally got it taken off. It's not about the money at all it's the misdirection that they tried to get past us.

We won't be going back but thought I would warn people who are thinking about going.

Richard

next time go to pei wei instead...same company, same food overall..half the price.

Richard at Remax
12-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Although I do prefer pei wei, not going there for a big bday dinner.

decepticobra
12-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Although I do prefer pei wei, not going there for a big bday dinner.

oh..if its for a bday party go to chuck e cheese instead. they will hook you up with some free game tokens and give you a great deal on their crummy salad bar and out-of-the-box, not so fresh, chef boyardee pizza.

skeeball is always a fun blast too. you get to play all afternoon and rack up tons of paper tickets to cash them in for a neon slinky toy.

:woowoo:

ImTheDude
12-31-2009, 06:34 AM
I also had something the waiter ordered for me at PF Changs but I was not charged. Sounds like a sneaky waiter to me.

Same thing happened to me, except they brought out 2-3 extra dishes and didn't charge us for it.