View Full Version : absolutely annoying songs

decepticobra
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
what songs annoy you? do you find yourself sometimes hearing an annoying song on the radio to the point you scramble for the radio dial to quickly change it over to another station?

songs that annoy the hell outta me:

avril lavigne-complicated (the music worse than the lyrics)

hank williams jr.-we are young country (...we like ol' waylon,..hey, we love van halen,..we like zz top..we like country and rock...shut the hell up)

stratosphere
12-08-2009, 04:40 PM
pretty much any new music made today that is played on 100.5, 102.7, 98.9, 94.7 etc.

Also include anything that is released from a contestant or winner of american idol.

purplemonkeythief
12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Jewelry is the gift to give,
'cause it's the gift that'll live and live.
So give the gift you know can't fail
From B.C. Clark's anniversary sale.

Most sales are after Christmas
But Clark's is just before.
'Most everything is marked way down,
Savings you can't ignore
At Oklahoma's oldest jewelers,
Since 1892.

icecold
12-08-2009, 06:32 PM
purple... i would rather listen to that song every second the rest of my life if i would never have to hear this again......

edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai

:fighting2 or :poke: would feel way better than having to hear that.

purplemonkeythief
12-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Agreed, but that doesn't get stuck in my head like the BC Clark jingle does..

Grr, just reading it makes it invade my mind

mugofbeer
12-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I wager there are few places in the country where an annual Christmastime jingle has become such a fixture that everyone who has lived here much of their lives know. It was actually good hearing it again when I moved back.

nik4411
12-08-2009, 07:22 PM
i hate this song by some little b**** who is singing about fireflies and flowers and crap. i think he was on american idol at some point

mugofbeer
12-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Annoying?

"I love a rainy night" - Eddie Rabbitt
"Ballad of Billie Joe and Bobby Sue" - Steve Miller band

Any whiney-nosed country music. C&W sung in normal voice is fine, I can't stand whiney-nose singing.

OKCDrummer77
12-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Five. Five dollar. Five dollar footloooooongs.

bandnerd
12-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Met the guy that came up with both the "Get a Dodge" and the "Edmond Hyundai" commercials. He sang them, too. Even he is surprised that he got paid to do that.

My list would include Lady Gaga's Disco Stick song (can't remember the actual title), BC Clark song, anything by Nickelback, Metallica (for me), or any "I'm so American I like to shoot things and people who don't speak American should put up or shut up" kind of music.

nik4411
12-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Met the guy that came up with both the "Get a Dodge" and the "Edmond Hyundai" commercials. He sang them, too. Even he is surprised that he got paid to do that.

My list would include Lady Gaga's Disco Stick song (can't remember the actual title), BC Clark song, anything by Nickelback, Metallica (for me), or any "I'm so American I like to shoot things and people who don't speak American should put up or shut up" kind of music.

out of curiousity, can you give an example of this? not sure if ive heard a song like that....

gmwise
12-08-2009, 10:25 PM
purple... i would rather listen to that song every second the rest of my life if i would never have to hear this again......

edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai edmond hyundai

:fighting2 or :poke: would feel way better than having to hear that.

Can anything from fowler dodge/cars, like the imbecile speaking
Follow me to Fowler!!!

td25er
12-09-2009, 03:08 PM
i hate this song by some little b**** who is singing about fireflies and flowers and crap. i think he was on american idol at some point

This one.

decepticobra
12-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Also include anything that is released from a contestant or winner of american idol.

amen to that brother

decepticobra
12-09-2009, 06:11 PM
while not being really annoying, if theres one local business jingle that has permeated into my cerebral spectrum..its this one:

"protecting all the things you own like cars and trucks and mobile homes. accidents or tickets too, call and we'll take care of you 524-1541.

(and no im not an insurance agent)

decepticobra
12-09-2009, 06:13 PM
heres quite possibly the greatest song ever made, period.

YouTube - AC/DC - Back In Black (Live At Donnington) High Quality!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k816dPQyPAM)

jstanthrnme
12-10-2009, 08:41 AM
while not being really annoying, if theres one local business jingle that has permeated into my cerebral spectrum..its this one:

"protecting all the things you own like cars and trucks and mobile homes. accidents or tickets too, call and we'll take care of you 524-1541.

(and no im not an insurance agent)

I don't think that one was annoying at all. There is a commercial out now that drives me crazy. Not so much a song as it is a demonic chant, but its from the Gap. "I love my comfy sweater! How bout these boots?"

Richard at Remax
12-10-2009, 09:03 AM
anything by nickleback or hinder.

USG '60
12-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Can things be annoying AND entertaining? Which is THIS song? V GIRL-PART 1. REV.OTIS MOON - Re-Interpreted performance records's MySpace Blog | Re-interpreted Performance Records (http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.viewcustom&friendId=386764528&blogId=518583795&swapped=true)

OKCisOK4me
12-10-2009, 10:03 AM
i hate this song by some little b**** who is singing about fireflies and flowers and crap. I think he was on american idol at some point

yesssss! That is what i was going to post about!

flippity
12-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Anything from Boston

Bigrayok
12-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Some songs played at sporting events annoy me.

Bigrayok
12-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Songs from sporting events that annoy me include many songs that I do not know the names to. One that has become popular in recents years came from Europe I believe. The words are profound. The line is Wo-o-o. Wo-o-o. Wo-o-o-o-o. The audience usually sings along. Another song that has become old starts with "Are you ready for this?" followed by keyboard music. Gary Glitter's Rock & Roll Part 2 has been a mainstay at sporting events for years. If it does not sound familiar, many know it as the "hey" song. The NFL told its teams to not play the song during games last year because Gary Glitter served a couple of prison sentences for crimes involving children. One line that gets on my nerves is played at Thunder games. It is the DAAAAY O from the old Harry Belafante banana boat song.

Bigray in Ok

flippity
12-10-2009, 02:39 PM
the wo-o-o song is called Zombie Nation, just FYI

Bigrayok
12-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Wow, I am impressed you could figure what song I was talking about! I was not sure anyone would know.

Bigray in Ok

AAC2005
12-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Jewelry is the gift to give,
'cause it's the gift that'll live and live.

Most sales are after Christmas
But Clark's is just before.
'Most everything is marked way down,
Savings you can't ignore
At Oklahoma's oldest jewelers,
Since 1892.

"Now available for download from iTunes!"

Seriously...it is. :omg:

kevinpate
12-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Any whiney-nosed country music. C&W sung in normal voice is fine, I can't stand whiney-nose singing.

LOL, I prefer it to 99.9% of the fru-fru that is passed off as country merely cause it will sell when sung by a pretty face.

Give me Sara and Gretchen and Kelli and Miranda and Little Big Town over almost any of the other recent additions to Nashville. Sugarland can come too, but then Jennifer can do purt much anything she wants to anytimes anyhows, including reintroducing me to Bon Jovi. Carrie can come along at times, but she doesn't get a reserved seat on the bus ... there are just too many times she needs to just arrive in the same cab as Faith and Taylor and some others.

Bunty
12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Some songs played at sporting events annoy me.

Boomer Sooner

nik4411
12-10-2009, 10:26 PM
I hate at OU games how the crowd yells sooners during the star spangled banner...and the home of the SOONERS...

keeping along with the sporting event theme, I get so sick of Crazy train, Ozzy Osbourn version, it gets played all the time at sports events.

mugofbeer
12-10-2009, 11:12 PM
I personally don't mind the Home of the "Sooners" thing. Its original and I don't feel its disrespectful to the country to do it. My opinion.

citizenkane
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Anything by Relient K or Owl City.

nik4411
12-11-2009, 07:51 AM
I personally don't mind the Home of the "Sooners" thing. Its original and I don't feel its disrespectful to the country to do it. My opinion.

I respect that. Are you a sooner fan?

FFLady
12-11-2009, 08:26 AM
I can not stand "Santa Baby". Lucky for me they only play it during December....I am QUICK to click the mute button!!