View Full Version : Sad News

Woobie2
11-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Lisa Myrick has passed away. Ron has been talking about it this afternoon on Bob.

MsDarkstar
11-18-2009, 05:50 PM
A Tribute to Lisa Myrick - KFOR (http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-tribute-lisa-myrick-story,0,1770049.story)

Edmond_Outsider
11-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I knew Lisa from back in her earliest days on radio. She was a a student in one of the classes my wife taught as a TA at OU around the time she started at KRXO in the '80s.

Over the years, my wife and I followed her career and were always proud of her achievements. I was always struck by how she never lost her naturally friendly and humble nature no matter how successful she was in her career.

I can't recall all the times she would see us various places and never failed to greet us. There was something sweet and humble about her I never saw change.

I compare this to some other radio personalities I have known who went from "nobody" to "nobody-I-ever-want-to-talk-to-again" after thier first graveyard shift on a zero listener rural radio station.

Lisa wasn't like that. She was a sweet and kind to me the first time I met her as she was after she was the morning show personality with all the notoriety which comes from that sort of position.

In the past few years, I lost track of her career when radio seemed to become stuck in the increasingly narrow formats increasingly irritating DJs which seem to populate the airwaves. The dual developments of burnable CDs and MP3 players just made it more satisfying to listen to music I like in higher fidelity than to hear "Freebird" for the bajillionth time or the same 3 songs being repeated over and over on the handful of narrow formats make listening to the radio equally boring in every market in the US.

I had only vague recollections about her substance abuse problems even though I think I remember seeing her talking about it on TV a few years back.

This morning, my wife and I saw the announcement of her memorial on the KOCO news ticker and both reacted with shock and tremendous sadness.

Lisa, you were a gem shining through the cesspool of humanity. I pray you have found peace at last.

stratosphere
11-19-2009, 02:27 PM
I knew Lisa from back in her earliest days on radio. She was a a student in one of the classes my wife taught as a TA at OU around the time she started at KRXO in the '80s.

Over the years, my wife and I followed her career and were always proud of her achievements. I was always struck by how she never lost her naturally friendly and humble nature no matter how successful she was in her career.

I can't recall all the times she would see us various places and never failed to greet us. There was something sweet and humble about her I never saw change.

I compare this to some other radio personalities I have known who went from "nobody" to "nobody-I-ever-want-to-talk-to-again" after thier first graveyard shift on a zero listener rural radio station.

Lisa wasn't like that. She was a sweet and kind to me the first time I met her as she was after she was the morning show personality with all the notoriety which comes from that sort of position.

In the past few years, I lost track of her career when radio seemed to become stuck in the increasingly narrow formats increasingly irritating DJs which seem to populate the airwaves. The dual developments of burnable CDs and MP3 players just made it more satisfying to listen to music I like in higher fidelity than to hear "Freebird" for the bajillionth time or the same 3 songs being repeated over and over on the handful of narrow formats make listening to the radio equally boring in every market in the US.

I had only vague recollections about her substance abuse problems even though I think I remember seeing her talking about it on TV a few years back.

This morning, my wife and I saw the announcement of her memorial on the KOCO news ticker and both reacted with shock and tremendous sadness.

Lisa, you were a gem shining through the cesspool of humanity. I pray you have found peace at last.

very well said, im sad as well to hear the news.

decepticobra
11-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Lisa Myrick has passed away. Ron has been talking about it this afternoon on Bob.

its sad. but why wasnt this thread entitled something along the lines of "Lisa Myrick-deceased" instead of simply "sad news"?

decepticobra
11-19-2009, 02:58 PM
what mark shannon said was true, however did anyone else find him to be acting rather pompous?

stratosphere
11-19-2009, 05:13 PM
what mark shannon said was true, however did anyone else find him to be acting rather pompous?

thats not suprising if you have ever listend to his radio show. I have nothing against him, in fact a friend of mine knows him pretty well and speaks highly of him. I understand he has health issues of his own, so with that in mind it must be frustrating for him to see other people who are otherwise healthy die as a result of addictions, if that was the case with her.

It is a sad deal though, and i hope she is at peace and in a better place now.

ilovemark69
11-19-2009, 07:22 PM
did lisa and ron even LIKE each other? I think no but seems ron will do anything to get attnetion for himself.

REST IN PEACE LISA