View Full Version : First Kiss

PennyQuilts
11-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Kiss my wife the first time on Straka Terrace in front of Southern Oaks school as it was being building....told her I Loved her there.....But really put the I Love You move on her in the back booth of Cattlemen's restauramt.....have not looked back......

Hope Generals64 doesn't mind that I snatched his words from another thread. It made me wonder about the first kiss we shared with our long time sweeties.

Mine was standing in my living room with husband-to-be but didn't know it yet. We'd been friends for quite some time and right at that moment, it seemed right to take it in another direction. Very romantic and amazing - caught us both by surprise. Me, anyway.

Just then, the phone rang and it was my grown son. This was back in the days of the answering machine projecting the voice all over creation - "Mom? Mom! Pick up! Are you there? Why aren't you answering the phone? Just checking in... MOM!"

Prunepicker
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh my!
It was in front of my house after I cooked her dinner.

papaOU
11-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Hope Generals64 doesn't mind that I snatched his words from another thread. It made me wonder about the first kiss we shared with our long time sweeties.

Mine was standing in my living room with husband-to-be but didn't know it yet. We'd been friends for quite some time and right at that moment, it seemed right to take it in another direction. Very romantic and amazing - caught us both by surprise. Me, anyway.

Just then, the phone rang and it was my grown son. This was back in the days of the answering machine projecting the voice all over creation - "Mom? Mom! Pick up! Are you there? Why aren't you answering the phone? Just checking in... MOM!"

I had walked her home several times. Never went into her home because both parents worked. As I stood-up from the porch she took me by my hand and pulled to her. Have never forgotten............

FRISKY
11-17-2009, 05:32 AM
I don't remember and I'm kind of surprised any of the guys actually remember. Isn't that more of a "girl" thing?

Generals64
11-17-2009, 06:55 AM
I don't remember and I'm kind of surprised any of the guys actually remember. Isn't that more of a "girl" thing?
================================================== ============
Not me, I remember the first one and the one this morning.....

CarltonsKeeper
11-17-2009, 06:58 AM
================================================== ============
Not me, I remember the first one and the one this morning.....
Your such a "Romantic"

CarltonsKeeper
11-17-2009, 06:59 AM
your such a "romantic"
gag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Generals64
11-17-2009, 07:01 AM
gag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

================================================== ==========
Yeah I know tough guy:......you probably remember the time....wait a minute maybe only one kiss in life????? Are you buying my lunch today????

CarltonsKeeper
11-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Yeah I know tough guy:......you probably remember the time....wait a minute maybe only one kiss in life????? Are you buying my lunch today????
Yes I am, I'llbein Norman at the Dentist and will be done at 11:00 a.m. When and where????

Generals64
11-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Yes I am, I'llbein Norman at the Dentist and will be done at 11:00 a.m. When and where????
you won't forget me like you forgot your first kiss will you????? I know it's hard to forget your first kiss when you've had one......so, fess up...See ya at 11:15.

BradR
11-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Falls Creek...that's all I'm going to say.

PennyQuilts
11-18-2009, 10:15 AM

You and a lot of wee Baptist kids!!

mugofbeer
11-18-2009, 12:01 PM
On Laura M's front porch ...........

kevinpate
11-18-2009, 12:26 PM

aka the BBG

RedDirt717
11-19-2009, 01:58 PM
After half a bottle of Bacardi on a porch, at a house party.

Generals64
11-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Last night.....she's had the Flu for two weeks....does this count????

Generals64
07-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Yesterday, I went (with my wife and kids) to the noodling roundup in Pauls Valley and PapaOU would have had a field day....There were tons of trash cans labeled for
"Empty Cans".....and, the guys that caught the fish (in the Swollen Wa****a River) had to kiss the 50 plus pound Catfish before they entered them. thought about you twice Papa.....

papaOU
07-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Yesterday, I went (with my wife and kids) to the noodling roundup in Pauls Valley and PapaOU would have had a field day....There were tons of trash cans labeled for
"Empty Cans".....and, the guys that caught the fish (in the Swollen Wa****a River) had to kiss the 50 plus pound Catfish before they entered them. thought about you twice Papa.....

Not gonna catch me stickin' anything that I can't see and many that I can see. Like to have the fish instead of the farm raised catfish sold at all eateries. No flavor. Gotta have them bottom sucking scavengers.....

Generals64
07-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Got a Question:......How come we can remember our First Kiss but not the last one?....Hmmm...the guys from Capitol Hill I can understand because you would want to make sure you forgot about kissing your sister.....I didn't really say that did I????.....

Prunepicker
07-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Got a Question... How come we can remember our First Kiss but not
the last one? Hmmm... the guys from Capitol Hill I can understand
because you would want to make sure you forgot about kissing your
sister... I didn't really say that did I?
What you mean WE keemosabe?

skyrick
07-15-2010, 08:33 PM
First one: When I dropped her off at her house after going to Molly Murphy's for my 30th b'day and our first date, more than 25 yrs ago. Never looked back.

Last kiss: When I woke her up at 6:00 this AM when I left for work.

Doug Loudenback
07-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Got a Question:......How come we can remember our First Kiss but not the last one?....Hmmm...the guys from Capitol Hill I can understand because you would want to make sure you forgot about kissing your sister.....I didn't really say that did I????.....
Well, somewhat off-topic of the original post (which related to first kisses between spouses, as I recall), I do remember my 1st kiss, ever. Fifth grade attending Emerson Grade School in Lawton when the (to me) sultry Karen Chance made a move ... it's always been hard for me to resist such moves by a person of the feminine gender ... she was my very first "crush" ... ahh for the memory which exists to this day. Thanks, Karen, wherever you are! Hopefully your health is good and you look a lot better than I do, 57 years later ... as I'm sure that you do.

PennyQuilts
07-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, somewhat off-topic of the original post (which related to first kisses between spouses, as I recall), I do remember my 1st kiss, ever. Fifth grade attending Emerson Grade School in Lawton when the (to me) sultry Karen Chance made a move ... it's always been hard for me to resist such moves by a person of the feminine gender ... she was my very first "crush" ... ahh for the memory which exists to this day. Thanks, Karen, wherever you are! Hopefully your health is good and you look a lot better than I do, 57 years later ... as I'm sure that you do.

Awww. Sweet. I think. My, how our perspective changes with age!

Prunepicker
07-16-2010, 05:26 PM
That was good, Doug. I'm sure all of us have that first 'crush'.
I had one until she got hit by a school bus. We buried her in
the back yard. What was left of her, anyway.

Generals64
07-16-2010, 05:30 PM
You're Sick........Hey I am supposed to tell you I dropped the Bread 'n Butter (Fantastic) pickles you made and broke the jar so I need you to bring me another....Does it work that way??????Soonergirl26....He (Prunepicker) has made some of the BEST Pickles EVER.........Bread & Butter with thin slices of Onions.......

PennyQuilts
07-16-2010, 05:31 PM
PP - eeewwww.

papaOU
07-16-2010, 05:48 PM

Though I am almost certain there were more before, like Doug I remember my first love best. 7th grade. She was my first true love and I have never gotten over her. After being apart for near 40 years we met again about a year ago...so sweet.:congrats:

Prunepicker
07-16-2010, 06:15 PM
You're Sick... Hey I am supposed to tell you I dropped the Bread 'n
Butter (Fantastic) pickles you made and broke the jar so I need you
to bring me another... Does it work that way? Soonergirl26... He
(Prunepicker) has made some of the BEST Pickles EVER... Bread &
Butter with thin slices of Onions...
Of course I'm sick. What's new?
No, it doesn't work that way. You lose. And since you broke the jar you
owe Prunette the $25 handling fee I forgot to tell you about.

If you come by I'll get some out of the fridge and we can pig out.
You can bring Soonergirl26, too. She missed out. I almost feel bad
about it. I said almost!

I have an idea but it has to be approved by 'she who must be obeyed'.

They are rather INCREDIBLE!

Doug Loudenback
07-16-2010, 07:41 PM
What's going on with your posts here, Prunepicker? I don't think that I'm getting what you're trying to say, even if you do present them graphically and in a film noir sort of way. Are you agin' first loves, crushes, etc., or what?

Prunepicker
07-16-2010, 07:59 PM
What's going on with your posts here, Prunepicker? I don't think that
I'm getting what you're trying to say, even if you do present them
graphically and in a film noir sort of way. Are you agin' first loves,
crushes, etc., or what?
Nope, I'm not agin' first loves, crushes etc... That's why I told my
story. I was in love and it came to an abrupt ending, except the plot
was easier to follow than "The Big Sleep".

Prunepicker
07-16-2010, 08:01 PM
What's going on with your posts here, Prunepicker? I don't think that
I'm getting what you're trying to say,
I just edited one I wrote to Gen64. Man, was that bad English or
what?

Generals64
07-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Just for that you owe Doug and I a jar of those Pickles....They were really good crackers and cold beer....

Prunepicker
07-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Just for that you owe Doug and I a jar of those Pickles... They were
really good with crackers and cold beer...
Oh yeah? We'll just see about that. Ahhhmmmm! I'm telling, too.

davidtime
07-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Prunepicker you disturb me. I remember my first kiss, I was too young really, about 12 - I just did it because other people wanted me to.

papaOU
07-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Prunepicker you disturb me. I remember my first kiss, I was too young really, about 12 - I just did it because other people wanted me to.

So your first kiss was at 12 years old and with Punepicker?:ohno:

Generals64
07-27-2010, 11:29 AM
So your first kiss was at 12 years old and with Punepicker?:ohno:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
That scares me. Now I have to watch out for my pal...

papaOU
07-27-2010, 01:06 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
That scares me. Now I have to watch out for my pal...

Watch out, or keep an eye on?

Generals64
07-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Probably need to go and get new glasses so I can keep both eyes on him....Gotta be nice to him right now, he made some of the BEST Bread and Butter Pickles I have ever had.....

Prunepicker
07-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Probably need to go and get new glasses so I can keep both eyes
on him... Gotta be nice to him right now, he made some of the
BEST Bread and Butter Pickles I have ever had...
Goin' apple pickin' tomorrow. He said we could get a bucket
full. I found a "Big Blue" trash can. LOL. He said he uses the
apples. Thanks. How about the pears? Any closer to pickin'
time? We were talking about canning apple pie filling with them.

Generals64
07-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Hey:....I found a loaded Peach tree on the right of way on Franklin road yesterday. The Pears are coming along nicely but, there are quite a few right now....

RealJimbo
07-28-2010, 11:13 PM
A-HEM! Back to topic, I remember very well the first time I kissed my true love. I had just met her a week before. My best friend introduced us after bugging me for weeks. He was a great guy and my roommate at the time. He had been severely depressed for quite some time, had expressed a desire to end it all, even asked me for my gun. We had agreed that he would go see a psychiatrist and he seemed much better. He went for a walk with her, brought her to the apartment which I was cleaning - it was my turn. We said hi and he and she left. The next day was the day for his appointment with the psychiatrist. I took the vacuum sweeper back to my parents and arrived home in plenty of time to take him to his appointment but he had already put a bullet through his head with my gun (which he had taken from my parents' house during that day). She called me the next day when the news carried the story - they used to report such things more commonly back then. I buried my good friend and in a few days she asked whether I might like to come to her apartment and visit with her and some other friends. I did and we had a nice visit. She saw me out onto her step while her friends waited inside. Without thinking, I told her good night and kissed her - just a quick kiss on the lips - and she kissed back! I think it surprised me more than it did her, but I'm sure glad I did it. We've had 38 fantastic years together and I'd do it all over again. I remain grateful to him and never forget the day he died, I'm sure satisfied that he had introduced us and that the rest of it would work out.

Doug Loudenback
08-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Quite a story, Jimbo. I'm at a loss for other words, though ...

kevinpate
08-01-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm thinking more about a future kiss. Just me, her, and a big bucket full of freshly picked blackberries. That's a recipe for a nice morning, or eve.

I know where she is. I can find a clean bucket. So hey, if anyone can help a fella out on a local blackberry stash and say me a drive back to LeFlore County, I'd be willing to pick a few extra for ya.

SoonerQueen
08-01-2010, 09:25 PM
My first kiss was at the State Fair of Oklahoma. His name was Billy, and he took me to the fair. It started to rain, he loaned me his jacket to wear and kissed me under one of the canopy's. I knew I was in love.lol I have no idea where he is today, but it was a very sweet moment.

CarltonsKeeper
08-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Gen64 told me he was disappointed in his first kiss!! Said she showed no emotion, just said Baaa!! Baaaaa!! But he said he has never lacked for wool!! Only kidding you Mr. 64...................................

Generals64
08-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Gen64 told me he was disappointed in his first kiss!! Said she showed no emotion, just said Baaa!! Baaaaa!! But he said he has never lacked for wool!! Only kidding you Mr. 64...................................

I'm so sorry, I thought that was your sister....

CarltonsKeeper
08-03-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm so sorry, I thought that was your sister....

Knowing you your first kiss and all was Your OWN sister!!!! LMAO Baaa! Baaaa!! Baaa!!! Would that be three bags full?

Generals64
08-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Stop

CarltonsKeeper
08-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Stop

STOP is exactly right!! I think you stepped a weee bit over the line on that sister remark but I accept your apology!!

Generals64
08-03-2010, 03:37 PM
STOP is exactly right!! I think you stepped a weee bit over the line on that sister remark but I accept your apology!!

I always thought your sister looked good. It was you I was worried about...

Generals64
08-12-2010, 05:00 PM
every time I see this thread I think of the song "The Stroll". You had to attempt to look good and you wanted to kiss whichever girl was there. Boy, was I wrong there were some pretty tough girls at the Lions club weekly dance.....