View Full Version : Sapphire Bar + Lounge

king183
11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
This sounds interesting. Hopefully it works out.

The Journal Record - Article (http://www.journalrecord.com/article.cfm?recid=104058)

Bricktown adds new nightspotby April Wilkerson
The Journal Record November 4, 2009
OKLAHOMA CITY – Bartender turned bar owner Lael Callaway doesn’t just want to serve people a drink. He wants them to be able to relax and carry on a conversation while enjoying it.

Callaway is the owner of Sapphire Bar + Lounge, opening Thursday in Bricktown at 209 Flaming Lips Alley, just north of the ballpark. The space, formerly home to Lit Lounge, features a new color scheme, furniture and an eye for the happy-hour crowd.“We’re trying to fuse an upscale classy place with a lower-key casual place,” said Callaway, who owns Sapphire with his wife, Lori. “There’s no DJ or dance floor, and the music will be low and in moderation.”

okclee
11-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Best location in bricktown.

OSUPeterson
04-09-2012, 09:43 AM
I overheard that the owners of "The Library" downtown have bought this space and plan to open a new club in may. Im really hoping that they expand the rooftop section.

If it ends up being as good as the library is, should be a pretty good place.

onthestrip
04-09-2012, 10:13 AM
I overheard that the owners of "The Library" downtown have bought this space and plan to open a new club in may. Im really hoping that they expand the rooftop section.

If it ends up being as good as the library is, should be a pretty good place.

The rooftop here is way underutilized. The rooftop needs to be a warmer and more inviting, maybe some planters with small trees and some sort of shading from the sun would help.

OklahomaNick
04-09-2012, 10:16 AM
I agree that the rooftop is one of the coolest and most under utilized places/spaces in OKC. GREAT view of downtown. I hope a concept finally sticks in this place!

OSUPeterson
04-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I believe they said it was going to be called Frequency. Im assuming its going to be a club, but hopefully the rooftop will be more chill. OKC needs more outdoor spaces with its bars/restraunts.

betts
04-09-2012, 01:45 PM
The problem with Sapphire, to me, was that the decor was incredibly cheesy. There was nothing upscale or classy about it at all. With a different decorator, it might have worked as it is one of the better locations and a rooftop bar is incredibly fun.