View Full Version : Nostalgia/Memories & TRIVIA from the past

Generals64
08-24-2009, 04:59 PM
I have enjoy meeting you guys and the relationships that these Nostalgia Threads have created. Even those that were bored before have come back and participated. though we aren't completely Political we do remember things in our past. TRIVIAL statements form the past is something we all enjoy...Do you have any TRUE MIND STUMPERS ????let us know..

Generals64
08-24-2009, 05:01 PM
I have enjoy meeting you guys and the relationships that these Nostalgia Threads have created. Even those that were bored before have come back and participated. though we aren't completely Political we do remember things in our past. TRIVIAL statements form the past is something we all enjoy...Do you have any TRUE MIND STUMPERS ????let us know..

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I'll start it off...did you know that Roy Rogers was really Leonard SLY?....How about the fact that Roy and Dale were married in sulphur, Oklahoma....How about the fact that Trigger's REAL name is Silver Cloud????

Generals64
08-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Do you know the name of the Cisco Kid's Horse?

Hopalong Cassidy real name or the name of his horse???

Or, how about Pancho's horse's name. These were highly sought after bits of information a long, long time ago in a faraway Galaxy

Here's one...what was the name of the Cousin trying to get hold of Chuck Barry during Back to the Future?????

Did you know that "Peggy Sue" of Buddy Holly's fame was really "Betty Lou" but The drummer broke up and then had to change the name real quick.....

USG '60
08-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Do you know the name of the Cisco Kid's Horse?

Hopalong Cassidy real name or the name of his horse???

Or, how about Pancho's horse's name. These were highly sought after bits of information a long, long time ago in a faraway Galaxy

Here's one...what was the name of the Cousin trying to get hold of Chuck Barry during Back to the Future?????

Did you know that "Peggy Sue" of Buddy Holly's fame was really "Betty Lou" but The drummer broke up and then had to change the name real quick.....6 year old Marie tried to call him.
To this day when it is time to leave somewhere I'll say "Let's went Cisco" in my best Pancho accent. Oh, William Boyd was Hoppy. I think maybe his horse was Scout, but that may have Dale's. Hmmm...????

hagrid
08-24-2009, 06:18 PM
I would probably have to resort to asking questions and hoping someone has the answer. I love history and nostalgia is part and parcel to that love.

Jim Thorpe won the gold medal in the Pentathlon and the Decathlon, what did he say upon receiving his gold medal and being told, "You are the greatest athlete in the world."?

rocket-j-squirrel
08-24-2009, 06:24 PM
''Here's one...what was the name of the Cousin trying to get hold of Chuck Barry during Back to the Future?????''

That would be Cousin Marvin Barry

Dale's horse was Butterscotch

What was the price of a Fudgecicle on a hot August night in '55?

Generals64
08-24-2009, 06:28 PM
6 year old Marie tried to call him.
To this day when it is time to leave somewhere I'll say "Let's went Cisco" in my best Pancho accent. Oh, William Boyd was Hoppy. I think maybe his horse was Scout, but that may have Dale's. Hmmm...????

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Hopalong Cassidy...Topper
Pancho's Horse was:..Loco
Cisco Kid's Horse was Diablo
Zorro's horse was Toronado
Tom Mix's horse was Tony...Billed as the smartes horse in California
Dale Evans horse was Buttermilk
Scout was Tonto's Ride...

Jimmy Stewart ALWAYS rode the Same horse in every move. It was a stour looking Sorrel and his name was "Pie" . the horse actually belonged to his room mate Henry Fonda....If you'll watch real close John Wayne always wore the same Belt Buckle....It (the buckle) was designed for The movie red River....Save Rio Bravo the other night and he had that buckle on.......My wife and I were visiting Jody Taylor of Jude and Jody Fame when he went in the back and brought out a cowboy hat. Fit my wife perfect too small for my big head.....It was the Hat John Wayne wore in the movie Cowboys tried my best to talk him out of that hat.....I guess we're all John Wayne Fans...

rocket-j-squirrel
08-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Whoops! Posted incorrectly. As Generals64 said, the horse was Buttermilk...guess I was thinkin' the wrong libation.

Prunepicker
08-24-2009, 08:49 PM
I'll start it off... did you know that Roy Rogers was really Leonard SLY? How
about the fact that Roy and Dale were married in sulphur, Oklahoma... How
about the fact that Trigger's REAL name is Silver Cloud?

Roy Rogers was born in Cincinnati, OH. The exact place where the hospital
was is where 2nd base at the Great American Ballpark is now.

The movie "Home in Oklahoma" was filmed at the Flying L Ranch in Davis, OK.
There's a shot of Turner Falls, which is Honey Creek.

Prunepicker
08-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Which actor/actress rode Trigger, in the movies, before Roy Rogers?

Generals64
08-26-2009, 03:45 PM
''Here's one...what was the name of the Cousin trying to get hold of Chuck Barry during Back to the Future?????''

That would be Cousin Marvin Barry

Dale's horse was Butterscotch

What was the price of a Fudgecicle on a hot August night in '55?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're right about it being Marvin....you know your cousin Marvin Barry???

Dale's Horse's name was Buttermilk and was a Buckskin Mare. The mare has been Stuffed and is on display next to Trigger in Branson, Missouri along with Bullet

The price of a TRUE Fudgesicle was 7 cents....from the Ice Cream Man...

papaOU
08-26-2009, 07:36 PM
You're right about it being Marvin....you know your cousin Marvin Barry???

Dale's Horse's name was Buttermilk and was a Buckskin Mare. The mare has been Stuffed and is on display next to Trigger in Branson, Missouri along with Bullet

The price of a TRUE Fudgesicle was 7 cents....from the Ice Cream Man...

Are mosting things in and around Branson stuffed?

Which is the display and which is the real deal?

Generals64
08-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Are mosting things in and around Branson stuffed?

Which is the display and which is the real deal?

I don't know how you relate to museum and trivia things but, I have a customer there in Branson and he showed us around in the back part of town and that is when I saw that the Roy Rogers Museum had been moved from Victorville. I had the opportunity to see the complete collection in victorville and it was really cool. It seems that old Roy was quite a Hunter and he had every kind of animal in the worl (elephants etc.) mounted and on display.....Animal rights got excited when they started moving everything and so Roy's Son stopped all of the animal stuff except those of major importance towards the lives of Roy and Dale. It is worth the time and if you stay away from the Hoopla.....the lakes are tremendous and if you go towards Harrison, Arkansas, there is a Lodge area called Big Cedar...Owned by Bass Pro Shop....So beautiful and you can get overnight stays in a huge Northern type Lof Lodge....that alone is worth the trip.....And then as "goofy" as we all seem to be about antique junk...tontitown, Arkansas has a couple of great antique shops...And you've got to try the Pizza a Guido's....Sussy's all over again.....

Prunepicker
08-26-2009, 10:35 PM
... And then as "goofy" as we all seem to be about antique junk... tontitown,
Arkansas has a couple of great antique shops... And you've got to try the
Pizza a Guido's... Sussy's all over again...

Tontitown is a great place. It's been an antique mecca for many, many years.
Not because of the ubiquitous "antique malls" but because of real
antiques worth $$$$. There are some first class greenhouses, too. And while
you're there, go to Springdale for AQ Chicken. It's worth the trip just for that!

Guido's is on the main drag, US 412. We've never stopped there because we
like AQ so much. Maybe next time.

Generals64
08-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Tontitown is a great place. It's been an antique mecca for many, many years.
Not because of the ubiquitous "antique malls" but because of real
antiques worth $$$$. There are some first class greenhouses, too. And while
you're there, go to Springdale for AQ Chicken. It's worth the trip just for that!

Guido's is on the main drag, US 412. We've never stopped there because we
like AQ so much. Maybe next time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have eaten at both of them....I would not trade the water at Guido's for a full meal at AQ.....Mary Maestri's in Tontitown is a legend for Italian Food. Now, replay what I just Said....AQ is Great but, the Pizza at Guido's is to die for. I used to call on Wal-Mart and Mass Merchandisers in that part of the world. I would always stop at one of the two on the way back. My boys wouldn't tell me to be safe or have a good trip they would say bring me back a Pizza From Guido's......You gotta try it...

Generals64
08-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Bythe way, I think this fits here. But, on the 2nd Saturday of EVERY year there is an AMISH auction at Clarita, Oklahoma. The quilts are the big gig there but, if you want to step back in time....You gotta go. This year it is on September 12th...Clarita is located South of Ada and South of Tupelo, Oklahoma. The sale is of everything that you can imagine from the historic past of the Amish People. There are Vendors for other things but, it's worth the trip and it's a fun outing. If you go I'll be by the Home-made Chicken and Dumplings booth waiting for another round....or I'll be by the fresh Homemade cobbler of YOUR choice.....Generals64.....

Prunepicker
08-27-2009, 11:38 AM
By the way, I think this fits here. But, on the 2nd Saturday of EVERY year
there is an AMISH auction at Clarita, Oklahoma. The quilts are the big gig
there but, if you want to step back in time... You gotta go.

Thanx for the head's up! I'll tell Prunette and see if we can make it.

Here's a link to the event.
Amish Auction, Crafts & Antique Show (http://www.travelok.com/toDo/eventsDetail.asp?id=1-42TNL)

And an important link to Oklahoma!
Oklahoma Tourism (http://www.travelok.com/toDo/index.asp)

We use this often!

Generals64
08-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanx for the head's up! I'll tell Prunette and see if we can make it.

Here's a link to the event.
Amish Auction, Crafts & Antique Show (http://www.travelok.com/toDo/eventsDetail.asp?id=1-42TNL)

And an important link to Oklahoma!
Oklahoma Tourism (http://www.travelok.com/toDo/index.asp)

We use this often!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
It's well worth the trip. Especially if She is into Quilts etc.....there are always great OLD Primitive items there for Auction. You can even buy yourself a Straw Hat to keep the sun ....never mind...

Redskins/General
08-27-2009, 02:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have eaten at both of them....I would not trade the water at Guido's for a full meal at AQ.....Mary Maestri's in Tontitown is a legend for Italian Food. Now, replay what I just Said....AQ is Great but, the Pizza at Guido's is to die for. I used to call on Wal-Mart and Mass Merchandisers in that part of the world. I would always stop at one of the two on the way back. My boys wouldn't tell me to be safe or have a good trip they would say bring me back a Pizza From Guido's......You gotta try it...
For some reason I was sure you would like "EVERYTHING" about Tonitown!!!!!! Your just a kind of "Tonitown" type guy!!

Generals64
08-27-2009, 07:41 PM
For some reason I was sure you would like "EVERYTHING" about Tonitown!!!!!! Your just a kind of "Tonitown" type guy!!

555%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Yee-Haw, he's Back................help me out on this Trivia thread...I've been bragging about your memory show em I'm right....

Redskins/General
08-27-2009, 07:45 PM
555%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Yee-Haw, he's Back................help me out on this Trivia thread...I've been bragging about your memory show em I'm right....
What memory I have is just about gone or at least I'm trying to forget most of it, Ha!Ha!

Redskins/General
08-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Mr. Gen/64:
We all know that Ovaltine was the sponsor of the Saturday "Captain Midnight" show, but who was the sponsor of the "Fury" show and how many Fury horses did they use making that show?

On the Sky King show, Penny went on to do what later in life and what's she doing now?

Do you know what happend to the Airplane Sky King used (the Songbird)??????

Do you know who Jamie Horton is and what name she used when she started singing, started here in Oklahoma City! What was her biggest hit??

Who had more number 1 hit records (R&R) in 1965 than the Beatles! An individual!!

Can you tell me why "Wedge Wood" amusement park was named the way it was?

On the TV series "Hondo" what was the dog's name that ran along side horse and who owned him in the show!

Prunepicker
08-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Does anyone remember listening to the big boxing championships on the
radio? How about baseball and other sports? I remember listening to the
computer generated boxing match of Marciano and Ali. It was on WKY and
they had been advertising it for weeks.

I used to watch the Cavalcade of Sports every Friday night with my Dad.

westsidesooner
08-31-2009, 09:52 AM
radio? How about baseball and other sports?

Remember it? I still do it.

I was sitting out on the porch last week enjoying the first cool evening of the season and wished I had a baseball game to listen to. I love taking a radio out on the back deck and sitting by the fire with something good to drink and listening to baseball. Its one of the few sports that arent that hard to follow on the via radio. The crack of the bat, the crowd cheering, the fresh cool air all around. I just close my eyes and its like Im there. Its much harder to listen to basketball....(too fast paced), or football...esp. OU football. Have you ever tried to follow a game with Big Bob as the announcer? Hes a great sportscaster but he tends to get flustered on football play by play.

Prunepicker
08-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Remember it? I still do it.

I was sitting out on the porch last week enjoying the first cool evening of the
season and wished I had a baseball game to listen to. I love taking a radio
out on the back deck and sitting by the fire with something good to drink and
listening to baseball. Its one of the few sports that arent that hard to follow
on the via radio. The crack of the bat, the crowd cheering, the fresh cool air
all around. I just close my eyes and its like I'm there. Its much harder to
listen to basketball... (too fast paced), or football... esp. OU football. Have
you ever tried to follow a game with Big Bob as the announcer? Hes a great
sportscaster but he tends to get flustered on football play by play.

I'm with you on that one. I believe Baseball is the greatest sport ever.
When the World Serious is on I'm always hoping that Vin Scully will be
announcing the game. I've got MLB audio and can listen to every game
played, even if I miss it!

papaOU
08-31-2009, 07:12 PM
radio? How about baseball and other sports? I remember listening to the
computer generated boxing match of Marciano and Ali. It was on WKY and
they had been advertising it for weeks.

I used to watch the Cavalcade of Sports every Friday night with my Dad.

A shop teacher at Capitol Hill Jr. High was from St. Louis. His first year at the jr. high Cardinals went to the playoffs and series. If a game was played during our hour of shop we did not do anything but listen to the games on a portable radio he brought from home. I miss the day games. Even when t.v. came along the day games seemed to be more exciting!

Prunepicker
08-31-2009, 08:42 PM
A shop teacher at Capitol Hill Jr. High was from St. Louis. His first year at the
jr. high Cardinals went to the playoffs and series.

I'm guessing that was the '67 series against Boston. The World Serious was
more important than school, and teachers knew it.

Those were the days.

Generals64
09-14-2009, 11:55 AM
As a kid (fourth grade 1955-56) I remember getting home from school to watch Foreman Scotty and The American Bandstand and The Mickey Mose Club.....Annette (what a babe) ...There were some serials that they showed one was Spin and Marty but, what was the other serial they showed when Spin and Marty weren't on? No trick question just curious......Trivia Question:..........The name of Zorro's Horse????

Hint:::May 3rd, 1999

papaOU
09-15-2009, 12:12 AM
As a kid (fourth grade 1955-56) I remember getting home from school to watch Foreman Scotty and The American Bandstand and The Mickey Mose Club.....Annette (what a babe) ...There were some serials that they showed one was Spin and Marty but, what was the other serial they showed when Spin and Marty weren't on? No trick question just curious......Trivia Question:..........The name of Zorro's Horse????

Hint:::May 3rd, 1999

No hint needed......

Tornado.........

Prunepicker
09-15-2009, 02:10 AM
... There were some serials that they showed one was Spin and Marty but,
what was the other serial they showed when Spin and Marty weren't on? No
trick question just curious...

The Hardy Boys. Tim Constantine, the guy that played the oldest in "My
Three Sons" was in both of them. One of them had Tommy Kirk, "Old Yeller"
and a bunch of other Disney movies.

Prunepicker
09-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Name the three Mavericks and who played them!

OkieInTexas
09-15-2009, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=Redskins/General;250334]Mr. Gen/64:

Who had more number 1 hit records (R&R) in 1965 than the Beatles! An individual!!

Okay, I'm dying here - who was it?

Generals64
09-15-2009, 02:58 PM

It wasn't Elvis....

Generals64
09-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Name the three Mavericks and who played them!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was it brett
Bart and Britt???

Prunepicker
09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Was it brett
Bart and Britt?
You got 2 out of 3. Brett, Bart and Beau.
Do you know the names of the actors?

Generals64
09-15-2009, 05:05 PM
You got 2 out of 3. Brett, Bart and Beau.
Do you know the names of the actors?

Yes, but if I tell you then everyone else would know...Right???? And I meant Beau but I wasn't sure if it was Beau or Bo...

Prunepicker
09-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Yes, but if I tell you then everyone else would know... Right? And I meant
Beau but I wasn't sure if it was Beau or Bo...

HEY! That's right! Why in the world am I even answering these questions?

For those who don't know, James Bumgarner was Brett, Jack Kelly was Bart,
and James Bond was Beau.

Oh, just found out that there was a Brent Maverick. Don't remember him and
I never missed an episode. He played in a couple of shows by Robert Colbert.

Generals64
09-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Hey, who played "Sugarfoot"? That was the other of the three rotation series....Maverick, Cheyenne, and Sugarfoot. Not a trick question I just don't remember his real name and now I can't get the dang theme song out of my head.

Prunepicker
09-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Hey, who played "Sugarfoot"? That was the other of the three rotation
series... Maverick, Cheyenne, and Sugarfoot. Not a trick question I just don't
remember his real name and now I can't get the dang theme song out of my
head.

Will Hutchens! He was in the movie "Maverick", too. He was in a crowd and
I think it was during a card game. The camera focused on him for a second.

I always get Sugarfoot and Cheyenne mixed up. Those three shows,
including Maverick, made for some good TV.

Generals64
09-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Does anyone out there remember who played both Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone??? when I was in the Fifth Grade this particular actor came to OKC and greeted the folks at the Downtown John A. Brown....Wanted a Coonskin hat but my mom convinced me they had fleas in them.....I believe I'll pass on this one...Even got to see ole Betsy....He was a very nice guy....I think....

Prunepicker
09-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Does anyone out there remember who played both Davy Crockett and Daniel
Boone? when I was in the Fifth Grade this particular actor came to OKC and
greeted the folks at the Downtown John A. Brown... Wanted a Coonskin hat
but my mom convinced me they had fleas in them... I believe I'll pass on this
one... Even got to see ole Betsy... He was a very nice guy... I think...
The actor was Fess Parker. Davy Crockett was my hero and I had a coonskin
cap! Genuine artificial critter! If I sang the "Davy Crockett" theme I sang it
a thousand times.

Buddy Ebsen was his side kick in the movie. Forget what role he played.

Redskins/General
10-05-2009, 02:59 PM

Gary Lewis and the Playboys!!

Generals64
10-05-2009, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=OkieInTexas;254797]
Gary Lewis and the Playboys!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get out of here, I thought it was Ferlin Husky

Redskins/General
10-05-2009, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=Redskins/General;260100]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get out of here, I thought it was Ferlin Husky
Do you know how and why Ferlin died???? I wanna' live fast die young and leave a beautiful memory! Tell me his first big hit, who wrote it, and how much he payed for the song. Go sic um' 64 @@@@@@@@@@@@