View Full Version : hunan chinese restaurant on 240 and penn area

Jesseda
08-13-2009, 07:50 AM
has anybody eten at the hunana chinese restaurant since they changed owners back in 04 or 05, i remember with the precios owners they use to win a lot of okc gazette awards for best asian best eggrolls best chinese.. has this place changed since then, i use to eat thre all the time and loved it, but stopped when the new owners took over.. Has it changed for th worse or better? I worked there one summer back in 2000 as a bus boy to save money for things to do in college, man that was good year, bus boy was okay, but all the chinese i could eat on my lunch break , man what a job.

jawgie
08-13-2009, 08:46 AM
The last time I went 6 mos. ago, I was not impressed. Decided not to go back.

Martin
08-13-2009, 08:48 AM
it was better around ten years ago... but now i'm not a big fan of the place. -M

Jesseda
08-13-2009, 09:18 AM
the previous owners owns gin wei now off of meridian and interstate 40, but to me the food isnt as good as when they owned hu-nans. But the owner is really friendly and kinda, there isa language barrer, but this lady has akind heart

decepticobra
08-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Jin Wei isnt too bad. like how they come around asking if you want any seafood specially cooked to order.

Hunan? are you talking about the place off of nw expressway and council next to slick willies?

possumfritter
08-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Would they by chance own the Hunan Garden Chinese restaraunt on NW Exp and N. Council?

Jesseda
08-17-2009, 02:24 PM
they owned a hunans on the north side as well, they sold that place about 5 years ago.

possumfritter
08-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Come to think of it, I think that was about the time the old Hunan restaurant over by Slick Willies moved to N. Council.

Oh well, I think the food at Hunan Gardens is pretty good for Chinese-American style food. I do get my money's worth whenever I go there.