View Full Version : Showtime and Weeds

so1rfan
07-12-2009, 09:04 PM
A month ago I was in Tulsa and the hotel I was at had Showtime. "Great," I says to myself, let's see if a movie is on. Turn it on and "Weeds" is showing. No thanks, don't care to see it no matter how critically acclaimed the show is, I have no desire to watch it.

Next week I was back in the same hotel again, for two nights this time. Turn on Showtime both nights, "Weeds" is playing both times.

When I get home I noticed on my Direct TV bill, they gave me free Showtime for three months because I am a good customer.

I've got to watch a couple of decent movies so far, Into the Wild, Good Luck Chuck, Beowolf and There Will be Blood in the past two weeks so not too bad.

But if I had to pay $15 a month for that, I would be peeved. Every single night for the last two weeks "Weeds" and "Nurse Jackie" have been on. If they gave me free Showtime to try and get me hooked, they done wasted that freebie. That's just nuts. Once, twice or even three times a week is one thing, but every single night?

I'm not going to watch it now just on principle.

nighttrain12
07-12-2009, 09:32 PM
There is more than one Showtime channel so you should check those other ones out. I think they are rerunning episodes of (the award winning) Weeds partly with the Showtime promotion and also the new season of it just started.

P.S.-Mary Louise Parker is a fox.

Lord Helmet
07-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Showtime is worth is for Weeds and Californication alone IMHO.

Weeds really is a great show, you should check out an episode before you pass on it without seeing it at all.

mark
07-14-2009, 04:14 PM
weeds is great. you should be able to catch a few episodes of dexter in the last of your free months.

dexter. is. awesome.