View Full Version : Michael Jackson Dies

Karried
06-25-2009, 04:04 PM
omg... TMZ is reporting that Michael Jackson has just passed away from Cardiac arrest. ( So far, no official announcement but it is all over the news). I hope they are wrong.

Farrah Fawcett as well...from cancer.

What a horrible day in the entertainment industry.

AFCM
06-25-2009, 04:12 PM
I just read a report that stated he was in a coma. So far, I've seen both dispositions but don't know which is correct.

Pop star Michael Jackson is in a coma and his family is arriving at his bedside, a law enforcement source told The Times.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/pop-star-michael-jackson-was-rushed-to-a-hospital-this-afternoon-by-los-angeles-fire-department-paramedics--capt-steve-ruda.html

Paramedics revived Jackson before taking him to the hospital.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/25/michael.jackson/index.html

MadMonk
06-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Wow...him and Farrah in the same day.

Karried
06-25-2009, 04:25 PM
CNN is reporting now that he is a coma but it is extremely unlikely that he will recover.

Cardiac arrest is much more severe than a heart attack. Numerous sources reporting that the paramedics were unable to revive him.

This is horrible. I always liked both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. ugh.

Karried
06-25-2009, 04:26 PM
CBS and LA Times are both reporting that he has died.

westsidesooner
06-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Sad day in the entertainment industry. Thanks for the music MJ.

so1rfan
06-25-2009, 04:41 PM
I empathize with his family and his fans.

Better?

possumfritter
06-25-2009, 04:44 PM
I can't believe it! Back when I was on the dance floor it was to MJ's music. Thank you for all the music Michael. RIP.

MikeOKC
06-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Hmmm...when I read "cardiac arrest" (not just a heart attack) in a guy only fifty years old, I think poison, overdose, something like that. With MJ's history, this could very well be a suicide.

As strange as Michael is, he knew his music. RIP.

Karried
06-25-2009, 04:46 PM
If you don't care, then don't post and just move on.. obviously some do care and it's disrespectful for those who do.

It's confirmed AP .... Michael Jackson dead at age 50 leaving behind 3 children. Sad.

ronronnie1
06-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Michael Jackson is dead, and I'm beside myself.

It doesn't seem real. So sad. So so so so sad.

Rest in peace, King of Pop.

venture
06-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Very sad day. He brought so much to the art of music and is one of the few artists that has made an impact on society at the height of his success.

I echo Karrie...if you are just going to be hateful or don't care, move on and save your time - and ours. If you want to troll, there are other sites where you may be welcome, this isn't one.

Matt
06-25-2009, 04:54 PM
He may have been somewhat of a freak show later in life, but musically, when he was on, he was on. Off the Wall still sounds just as good and fresh today as it did thirty years ago.

This really, really sucks. I'll miss you, Michael.

Karried
06-25-2009, 05:00 PM
R.I.P. MJ....

jzw6GiqZyD0

westsidesooner
06-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Michael Jackson did so much for so many people worldwide, I just got back from a run to the store and this song was playing on the radio. It really makes you think.

Michael...you made a difference. :tiphat:

YouTube - Michael Jackson "Man in the Mirror" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zpTQCQEFhg)

Thunder
06-25-2009, 05:46 PM
I wake up to read this news with all these masses on YIM, then I text people from my phone, and most of them don't believe me! I know, it is indeed a shock. Despite all the situations he had gone thru, his music was hella good back in those days.

PennyQuilts
06-25-2009, 05:56 PM
I hope his kids are okay. I wonder who they will go to. They have different moms. I hope they don't get split up. RIP.

AFCM
06-25-2009, 06:06 PM
I haven't seen anything like this since the death of Princess Diana. He really moved a lot of people.

fromdust
06-25-2009, 06:38 PM
im no fan and he was a bit creepy, but to see an american.... a global icon die kinda sucks. so farrah and mike today and ed yesterday, damn trifecta.

Bunty
06-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah, one like me, hates to see people pass on, like Michael Jackson, who helped make growing up a delight, and that includes Farrah and Ed.

BB37
06-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Very reminiscent of the day Elvis died. The parallels between the two are striking:

Both were pop superstars.

Both over time came to isolate themselves from the real world.

Both led increasingly bizzare lifestyles.

Both had drug problems.

Both were preparing for concerts at the time of their deaths.

Both died at home under similar circumstances.

Both died young -- Elvis was 42, Jackson was 50.

And Jackson was briefly married to Elvis' daughter.

Curt
06-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Really whats the big deal...the man..and I use that term loosely...was a sideshow freak..

Has anybody been making this big of a deal over Farrah or McMahon?...Would anyone make this big of a deal if it were a member of your own family?

What this shows me is that people idolized this freakish child molestor but yet have nothing to say about any average joe that dies a much more tragic death..

Jackson was a freak...

AFCM
06-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Really[sic] whats[sic] the big deal...[sic]the man..[sic]and I use that term loosely[sic]...was a sideshow freak..[sic]

He was also the 'King of Pop' and greatest-selling musical act of the late 20th Century. Try to capture the rose in its entirety, rather than focusing on only the thorns.

Has anybody been making this big of a deal over Farrah or McMahon?

Yes, I'm sure someone has.

[sic]...Would anyone make this big of a deal if it were a member of your own family?

Yes, I'm sure someone would.

What this shows me is that people idolized this freakish child molestor[sic] but yet[sic] have nothing to say about any average joe[sic] that dies a much more tragic death..[sic]

Plenty of people will have something to say about 'Average Joe' when he dies. Undoubtedly, not as many people will recognize the existence of 'Average Joe' because if he was famous in some respect, he would forfeit the title 'Average Joe'. Michael Jackson captivated audiences worldwide long before he made his infamous headlines in the tabloids. He certainly did things contrary to the norm, but he was much more than a 'freak' and he was acquitted of child molestation charges.

Jackson was a freak...[sic]

He was also a wonderful and inspiring performer, who united people of all races and cultures with his music.

Thunder
06-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Curt, you'd have to also realize that people out there want his money and some of them use their children for that. One day, those kids will grow up and confess to lying for their parents.

Mike may seem a bit odd, out of nature, but it doesn't make him a molester.

MadMonk
06-25-2009, 10:33 PM
im no fan and he was a bit creepy, but to see an american.... a global icon die kinda sucks. so farrah and mike today and ed yesterday, damn trifecta.
Sort of reinforces the old saying about these things happening in threes. :Smiley099

mireaux
06-26-2009, 05:36 AM
yeah, this is tragic...

too many, too soon...

david carradine, ed mcmahon, farrah fawcett, and now the king of pop.

this autrocity is reminiscent of when isaac hayes, and bernie mac both died days apart right after shooting "soul men".

..and so the same fate occurs to jackson, his death occurs right before his anticipated comeback tour.

its sad that in the 80's he ruled the airwaves with an iron fist, in the 90's he became a tabloid spectacle, and here at the end of whatever this decade is called...he doesnt get the chance to restore the lyrical magic to the caliber of what he was reknown for 25 yrs ago.

sad..beyond sad.

Thunder
06-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Since we're talking about other people as well...

My idol or whatever the word is...Shania!!!

She was suppose to do a comeback this year, what I've read last year, but I guess the divorce sidetracked everything. To me, she's the Queen of Country (but her last album seem to cross some barriers), so in my viewpoint of her, she the Queen of the entire music and entertainment industry.

Shania is 43, quite young, and I hope her comeback is before too late.

MJ was great, yeah, but Shania trumps him.

Lord Helmet
06-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Really whats the big deal...the man..and I use that term loosely...was a sideshow freak..

He was arguably the greatest entertainer ever. He was obviously a very unhappy man, but his talent alone makes this a huge deal. Even if you didn't like him, there's no denying his influence on music and pop culture. RIP Michael.

kmf563
06-26-2009, 08:49 AM
A lot of people are asking me where the gathering is in our state. I know people are just wanting to get together and share stories, listen to the music, dance, and bond.

Anyone have any ideas or heard of anything like this happening? I'm sure the bars will karaoke and keep the juke box on Michael over the weekend but I think everyone wants our own little gathering like the Apollo is having or outside his home.

I don't mind helping put it together if anyone has a place or suggestions.

Thunder
06-26-2009, 10:03 AM
It appears that a doctor could've potentially killed MJ intentionally or accidentally. The police is wanting to question the doctor.

The family spoke to police about certain prescription drugs given to MJ and the doses of Dermol (spelling?). Too much of a dose can shut down his breathing and heart.

Autopsy is underway. We should find out later today.

Jesseda
06-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Is there a place that has a large area for karaoke, that would be neat. It is sad, some people dont understand why, but if you grew up tothe music of michael, danced to thriller, played the song makes me want to scream for your little kids and telling them about michael jackson, its like having that person be a apart of your life, it just sad. I have a felling there will be made for tv movies and major motion movie a garceland likethemed area, I do hope the get neverland ranch back and turn it into what michael wanted I a magic land for children...

stratosphere
06-26-2009, 06:31 PM
this is a sad deal, i hope he rests in peace.

Honestly i wouldnt wish that kind of fame on anyone.

USG '60
06-26-2009, 06:39 PM
This is to you younger ones what Lennon's death to most of us oldies. I can't speak for the others, but I believe most of us oldies (well, guys anyway)weren't quite as smit by Elvis's death because the OLD Elvis was already dead and he was the REAL Elvis. I don't think many people who were introduced to Elvis during his Vegas years "loved" him in the same way as those who loved him from the beginning, so I feel that though as many people mourned Elvis, there was not as much total pain in the hearts of fans as with MJ and Lennon. That is just my impression.

It hurts.

AFCM
06-26-2009, 07:30 PM
This is to you younger ones what Lennon's death to most of us oldies.

How did people react to Paul's 'death'?

USG '60
06-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Spontaneous gatherings of dazed people. Mass gatherings like at Will Rogers Park. People crying and singing Give Peace a Chance. Total news coverage, and on and on. This went on all over the world.

USG '60
06-27-2009, 06:14 AM
I presume you mean JOHN'S. Spontaneous gatherings of dazed people. Mass gatherings like at Will Rogers Park. People crying and singing Give Peace a Chance. Total news coverage, and on and on. This went on all over the world.

nik4411
06-27-2009, 07:27 AM
I was living in Scotland when Princess Diana passed. Talk about masses of people really being distraught and upset. She was the peoples princess, most really felt a connection with her b/c she was so down to earth, kind and caring. Not sure what the response was here.

As for MJ, I wasn't much of a fan, was always kind of sickened by him, but R.I.P anyways, he was a sad story with a lot of troubles, and would never wish death on someone that early in their life.

metro
07-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Did anyone hear about the 3D project he was working on for his upcoming World Tour?

Karried
07-05-2009, 12:06 AM
ugh.. I'm still so very sad about Michael Jackson.

There have been so many tribute songs played at every event I've attended these past few days.. it's hard to believe he is gone... and will never perform again.

I know a lot of people won't understand.. but maybe a few will.

westsidesooner
07-07-2009, 08:50 AM
All the memorial talk on tv this morning got me to wondering where Janet Jackson has been the last two weeks. I havent heard her mentioed once. Anyone know whats up with that?

metro
07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I heard her speak once, but she has been quiet. I am also surprised they didn't cryogenically freeze him.

Bunty
07-07-2009, 11:42 AM
But some people including myself are embarrassed to be associated with loving Michael Jackson's music due to the allegations of child molestation against him. And his obsession with plastic surgery got well out of hand. He already sounded like a woman. He didn't have to look like one, too. He was kinda looking like a cross between Jackie and Cher. Maybe he should have simply concentrated on keeping how he looked during the Thriller days. That was good.

While Jackson was big during the 1980's, so was another black singing star--Prince. It seems that my friends during that time liked Prince's music better and attended at least one of his concerts in Oklahoma. I guess I never liked Jackson enough to go to one of his concerts. Earlier this year I saw Prince perform on the Tonight Show. It was cool how his looks haven't changed much with age. If he's had plastic surgery it sure worked out for him better than it did on Jackson.

fuzzytoad
07-07-2009, 12:45 PM
All the memorial talk on tv this morning got me to wondering where Janet Jackson has been the last two weeks. I havent heard her mentioed once. Anyone know whats up with that?

She spoke at the BET awards show, the same night Rev. Al and Papa Joe were outside on the red carpet using the child molester's death as an opportunity to plug Joe's new record label..

kmf563
07-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I've seen her speak several times. She was very respectful and appreciative towards the fans and thanked everyone for their support. She cried and talked about how much she misses him too.

Goodbye Michael. I hope you have found your peace. xoxo.