View Full Version : Neighborhood Market Goes On Probation

selk1
06-22-2009, 08:21 AM
I have been shopping at the Walmart Neighborhood Market at 104th and Western for a couple of years. When they started the remodel, I tried to be patient, but that came to an end Saturday. I went at about 6:30 pm and found no carts on the South Entrance. I mentioned to their staff about the carts. They said to check the North entrance. None were there either. I mentioned to the staff again. I waited a few minutes and finally went outside and got my own cart. I don't understand or like the new restocking philosophy. The old way, at least made sense to me. I appreciate the wider aisles, but it's just too difficult to find anything. Other shoppers comment on not being able to find anything and appear as frustrated as I am. The staff appears to be as confused as the shoppers and not as friendly. When I checked out, the cashier didn't say anything to me until she gave me the total. Therefore, I must put them on my probation list. I guess I will try GFF Foods or Crest in Moore.

Jesseda
06-22-2009, 09:19 AM
That walmart maket on 104th has many issues compared to the one in moore off 4th street.. I dont understand if walmart does a major remodel, they need to retrain the staff on the store layout and locations of products. But crest in mooer always seems to be on top on retrieving shopping baskets. Cant wait for the crest to open off 104th and may

gmwise
06-22-2009, 03:44 PM
I really prefer not to shop at Walmart.
I prefer Crest, and oh moan I miss Albertsons, I missed friendly helpful staff.
I missed when screaming children and parents would be asked to leave the store
I miss the fact the riff raff was kept out by a slightly higher price threshold.
Oh woe is me.

SoonerDave
06-22-2009, 04:23 PM
The WalSlum at 104th and Western is a disaster.. For the problems they have, they should have just closed the location to get the thing done.

I'm not so worried about the so-called "riffraff," as I suspect if I looked around long enough someone would consider *me* to be such a person...

oneforone
06-22-2009, 05:20 PM
I never have cared for the Sprawl-Mart Neighborhood Dumpster. It reminds me of an expanded convenience store. They only carry a small selection of each product they sale. Every time I have shopped there I end up having to make an additional stop because they did not have the brand or item I wanted. The reno Crest is smaller than all Neighborhood Dumpsters but it still manages to have a descent selection of everything.

Easy180
06-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Never had a problem at the 4th street location in Moore...Seems to be run pretty well

Did try out Crest on 12th y-day and their service was pretty impressive...Not that I go into grocery stores desperate for service but it was good enough for me to actually notice

selk1
06-22-2009, 09:01 PM
I did shop at Crest (Moore) once and thought the store was good overall (I didn't like their frozen food section). I used to shop at GFF years ago when we lived in Moore. Any impression of GFF now? I agree. I think they should have closed for the remodel. Has anyone made sense of the stocking?

JerzeeGrlinOKC
06-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't shop at Walmart Neighborhood Markets, but in exploring them two years ago (the one in Moore), have come to find that their prices are much higher than Super Walmart. Has anyone noticed this? And yeah the selection is a joke. Scam-a-saurus rex! Walmart does so well I feel because people just come to assume that they are cheaper without doing the math (ok walmart may be cheaper depending on what you buy, but...), these little neighborhood walfarts are no exception. Marketing is a genius.

I do happen back to the Crest in Moore, but its annoying because they don't have a seafood dept, and I loves me some seafood. I usually end up at one of the Homelands in Norman. But its pricey so I keep going back and forth month to month. And then the specialty items at specialty stores, and....

Oklahoma City, where is the grocery store consistency! GRAAAAHHHH!!!!:hammer:

oneforone
06-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Sprawl-Mart is great when it comes to familes but on the other hand it sucks when you are buying for one. It is kind of hard to consume a large jar of mayo on your own before the expiration date. Before I met the Mrs. I shopped Target and Crest. Sure I paid a little more but, it meant more to me that I was not wasting food. No to mention the Crest and Target keep their stores in better condtion than Sprawl-Mart.

Wal-Mart usually waits until after the rush to clean up, Crest and Target have people manning the ailes constantly to keep them neat and tidy.

metro
06-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Yeah, and it's annoying when your at Target and can't get through the isle because of everyone stocking during the day, and then they keep their radio's on full volume instead of wearing headsets. That totally baffles me. Despite this, I still prefer SuperTarget over Walmart. It's still quieter, not to mention their selection of food is nicer and they have much more organic items.

Jesseda
06-23-2009, 09:53 AM
to selk1: Gff foods is still pretty good, my wife and i run in there for this and that stuff, plus they still have that little barbaque stand in front, which has really good bbq sandwhiches, the fruit and veggie area seems to be cheaper then the rest of the grocier stores in town, there meats and still good and the butchers are always friendly.

selk1
06-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Thank you Jesseda. I will go to GFF this weekend. I did like to buy BBQ from the stand in front. I used to like to shop at Buchanan's (sp?).

selk1
06-29-2009, 07:35 AM
The "probation" is having an effect on them (ha)!! I see they have changed their hours from being open 24 hours to being open 6am to midnight. Maybe they will be able to complete the remodeling quicker this way (working at night?) I stopped to get some milk yesterday and saw they moved some of the aisles again. I did go to GFF Saturday and had mixed feelings about it. The overall appearace inside could be freshed up with some paint, but I thought they had a pretty good asssortment, good meat and I like the way they had the products arranged ( I guess I still can't get over the way WalMart moved their stuff around). GFF was lacking in drug store items. Pricing was about the same as what I normally spend. And I got a couple of really good sandwiches from the BBQ stand as I was leaving. May try Crest next week.