View Full Version : Where to buy flank steak?

Christi
06-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi,

This may be a silly question, but does anyone know where I can buy a flank steak (raw, to prepare)?

I've looked at Wal-Mart, Target, Buy For Less, Homeland, and Crest so far. Do you think I actually have to go to a meat market? Can you special order from a butcher at any store? I just have no idea.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Christi

cattleman
06-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Christi, I sale home raised corn fed beef and have some flank steak for sale, let me know if your interested.

bandnerd
06-06-2009, 03:50 PM
The big Wal-Mart on Reno and McArthur usually has it, Crest Market, and the big homeland on May and Hefner (I think that's the cross street) have it in the meat case with the butcher.

It's way too hard to find for such a cheap, flavorful cut. You might also look for skirt steak, which is either comparable OR the same thing, depending on the market.

Hope this helps!

tuck
06-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Cao Nyguen Market for sure will have both. You might try one of the Mexican markets as well.

tburn
06-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Buy for Less on 36th & Mac has great stuff in their butcher shop!
can get it pre-seasoned/marinated or not ... might need to be patient as there is sometimes a language barrier. It is really cheap there! (they have awesome thick cut bacon too)