View Full Version : 2009-2010 Season

venture
05-20-2009, 10:03 PM
New Fall season line ups are out...

FOX Fall Schedule: 'Dollhouse' Renewed, 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 6 (http://www.buddytv.com/articles/so-you-think-you-can-dance/fox-fall-schedule-dollhouse-re-28762.aspx)

ABC'S 2009-2010 Lineup: 11 New Shows (http://www.buddytv.com/articles/ugly-betty/abcs-2009-2010-lineup-11-new-s-28810.aspx)

NBC's 2009-2010 Lineup: 'Chuck' to Midseason, Jay Leno Everywhere (http://www.buddytv.com/articles/chuck/nbcs-2009-2010-lineup-chuck-to-28811.aspx)

CBS' Fall Lineup: 'Medium' Changes Networks, 'Mentalist' Changes Nights (http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-mentalist/cbs-fall-lineup-medium-changes-28843.aspx)

CW comes out tomorrow.

venture
05-20-2009, 10:14 PM
FOX continues on with the shorter prime time block schedule (something NBC has said it may need to do if it continues to lose money and viewers). Nice to see House and Lie to Me back. SYTYCD is always entertaining to watch like Idol - though my body hurts from watching it and just thinking about the things those dancers can do. Brothers looks interesting. The Cleveland Show I think will flop since they are completely redoing a character that has been on Family Guy for years but was never a major part. Cleveland has kids? Since when.

ABC - nothing really has me excited to see, and really I don't watch anything on them anymore.

NBC - Reduced prime time block is pretty much here with the introduction of Jay's new show. Heroes I'll watch, but it has to be getting close to the end. Other than that, nothing for me to the watch...except the Winter Olympics.

CBS - Will continue to get most of my viewing. Not sure about them getting rid of The Unit and Without a Trace, but I smell mid-season entries with them as some of the new programs fail. I think NCIS: LA will work well if it is blessed like the CSI spin offs. Eleventh Hour is gone, but it was hard to get into the show that seemed to want to be the X Files reborn. I am pretty excited to see Medium move over. I really enjoyed the first couple seasons of it, but scheduling conflicts got in the way and I had to side with other shows. Putting it right after Ghost Whisperer which is strong for them should allow it to perform well on an otherwise crappy night.

CBS seems to be focused and exerting its muscle. Moonves has definitely done wonders for the network since he arrived. Now if he could just give Craig Ferguson some more money they could own late night as well.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-20-2009, 11:54 PM
I think the important questions here are...When do I get to see new episodes of Psych and Dexter, and when are they bringing back West Wing?

:tiphat:

venture
05-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Oh I miss West Wing so bad as well. The re-runs are nice on Bravo, but definitely would have like to see as much of the crew continue as possible in the Santos years. Enough time has past to where they can get creative, have Santos there for a bit and then bring in a new crew. I think I miss the CJ character the most from the series and how she was developed from press secretary to chief of staff...interesting transition and all, and I would have liked to see that carried on longer.

fromdust
05-21-2009, 11:15 PM
I think the important questions here are...When do I get to see new episodes of Psych and Dexter, and when are they bringing back West Wing?

:tiphat:

psych! funny show. you watch burn notice?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-22-2009, 01:26 AM
psych! funny show. you watch burn notice?

Sometimes. I like it. Very entertaining. But I'll watch anything with Bruce Campbell in it! I don't watch all that much TV though. I'm more of a movie guy.

I will NOT miss Dexter either. LOVE IT.

kmf563
05-22-2009, 07:21 AM
I caught that new show Glee on Fox. I actually liked it. They are going to air it several times over the summer to get it pumped up for the fall, but it was surprisingly better than I thought it would be. I love the lady who plays the cheer coach.

What is NCIS-LA?? Basically a new cast trying to play NCIS? Boo. I can't imagine that show without the exact cast they have for the original. I'm not a fan of spin offs.

I concur on Psych. When's that start? Love it. And when is Supernatural coming back? I already miss it and it just ended last week.

Still waiting on my Trueblood DVD set...