View Full Version : Johnny Carson Memories

Patrick
01-24-2005, 01:49 PM
I know many of you probably remember Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show. I was actually a tad bit too young when he was on to remember him a great deal. Anyways, since he passed away yesterday, I thought it would be cool for you to share personal memories you have of the Johnny Carson show. Anything that sticks out in your mind from watching his show over the years?

Keith
01-24-2005, 02:14 PM
The neatest thing about him was that he wasn't afraid to have fun. He would dress up in crazy costumes and he would do the most daring things on his show...things that could actually harm him. Hew was a very funny man and he will be missed. I'm sure somewhere out there, they will get up some type of video series about some of the funniest things on his shows. If they do, I'll buy it.

Patrick
01-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Some of the modern late night talk show hosts have followed this to some extent, but I like the way that Carson never let you know what political party he sided with. If he had, it would've taken the fun out of his jokes.

floater
01-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Whoever said that you could consider yourself a big 'un once you got to stay up late to watch the Carson show had it down. So much of the stuff was adult for the day, and you'd wonder what hell those jokes meant. My favorite clips are of Carson as Ronald Reagan -- as a no-nonsense, take charge wartime leader, and another showing a communication gap in a conversation about James Watt, his interior secretary.

K Mac
01-26-2005, 07:37 PM
I'll always remember the animals from the zoo, he always had something crazy going on with them! His Carnac the magnificent was always great if he could get Ed to crack up! His line to Ed " May the flies of a thousand Yaks infest your armpits" still makes me chuckle when I think of him!