View Full Version : Braum's

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

OKCMallen
05-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Personally, I would rather NOT have a Braum's in Downtown. The service is very slow,the stores are ugly,and as thomas said, their stores tend to be dirty, and it seems there is a big disconnect between the stores and their corporate office.

Dear Lord man. Braum's is an Oklahoma company and a staple. There's no grocery store downtown. Braum's offers a tiny market which would fill people's needs. Force a design for the outside and let them do their thing. You're wanting your opinion to dictate how the inside looks?

For someone who is such an Oklahoma City proponent, you seem to not like it here. You seem to want to be in a futuristic version of San Francisco or something. I'm all for improving what OKC is and keeping an open mind, but we can't deny who we are either.

I bet you loved SimCity as a kid.

metro
05-20-2009, 10:42 AM
I like how you always pick and choose the parts to quote. I like how you left out this part:

Please keep Braums out of downtown, or if they do come, force them into an urban design

I'm a downtowner, I own property downtown, live downtown, work downtown and play downtown. I was doing it before it was the cool thing to do. I agree Braum's is an Oklahoma staple. I get my Braums fix nearby at 17th and Classen. You mention force them to a design (which I previously stated and you left out), I said nothing about the inside, other than that most are dirty, which another poster also stated. Maybe that's hard to understand in Norman, personally striving for the best we can I don't think is too unrealistic or too "San Fran." If we had that attitude, we wouldn't have come this far in the last 10 years. Many people thought that way just 15 years ago and never thought we could come this far. Sorry Mallen, but it's folks with mindsets like me who see outside the box and the potential we still have and yet to achieve.

Also, didn't play SimCity as a kid. Too busy playing downtown and admiring the architecture of the inner city.

JuJuBeans
05-20-2009, 01:23 PM
I shop at the 'Fresh Market' area, but never order anything for myself in the fast food area. They don't use clean towels when wiping off ice cream shakes, or sundaes when they spill over, and I never see anyone washing their hands.

bandnerd
05-20-2009, 03:30 PM
The pomegranate sherbet is tasty....tasty, tasty. Picked some up today.

I have eaten at the Braum's on 18th and Classen many a time. Don't really care if the store is dirty. I go through the drive through and I very rarely have a wait. The service is usually friendly, and even if they use a not-so-perfect towel, I've never gotten sick from the food!

Patrick
05-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Tried the blackberry cream almond. Absolutely tastey.

braums manager
05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
update on the new sandwiches

Southwestern chipotle`

this sandwich comes in either hamburger/crispy chicken/grilled chicken/steak

chipotle mayo pepperjack cheese bacon and roasted peppers and onions on a sesame seed bun

chicken bacon ranch

is grilled/crispy chicken ranch dressing american cheese and bacon

these sandwiches will be available starting monday

rondvu
05-21-2009, 06:49 PM
I have to say the manager at the Braum's on NW Expressway stays on top of his store and employees. I saw him make an employee mop the floor twice because it was not up to his standards. I just finished some rainbow sherbet and it sure was good.

alan
05-21-2009, 09:25 PM
these sandwiches will be available starting monday

very cool, they sound great!

ShiroiHikari
05-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Braum's seems to be a little behind the times, but oh well-- the ice cream and burgers are good.

I liked the new Mixed Berry Granola ice cream. The Dulce de Leche Cheesecake was pretty good too, but a little too sweet for my taste.

gmwise
05-30-2009, 03:23 PM
i would hope Braums would take over the IHOP in Bricktown.
The place has been in decline for at least a year.
Horrid service and food.

kevinpate
05-30-2009, 05:36 PM
the blackberry, which could do with 98% fewer nuts, was worth the wait, even to an impatient cuss like me.

braums manager
06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
i cant stop eating the new chipotle sandwiches the ranch are not that great to me but cant keep me away from the crispy chipotle

soonervegas
06-02-2009, 02:28 PM
I agree on the Braums cleanliness factor. I love Braums, but I will not eat unpackaged food there.

HeatherDawn
06-02-2009, 03:41 PM
I have never noticed a problem with cleanliness at Braum's but I'm usually in smaller towns when I go there...They have the best fast food burger that I know of.

southernskye
06-02-2009, 08:42 PM
The ones I have been in here in OKC are just filthy. The 2 I have been in the Dallas area are much cleaner. I do love their milkshakes, but won't eat anything they have to cook.

bluedogok
06-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I stopped at the one in Mineral Wells today on the way back from Altus and pick up some ice cream and milk. My cousins from Nashville had to hit the one in Altus last night.

rbayless
07-05-2009, 05:46 AM
Looks like the new Braum's in OKC/Yukon on Mustang Rd/Reno opens on Tuesday July 7th.. I have not been inside any of their stores that have the new floorplan, but as I understand it, they are trying to separate the grocery from the hot food portion of the store..

metro
09-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Braum?s likes old commercials? at The Lost Ogle (http://www.thelostogle.com/2009/09/18/braum%e2%80%99s-like-old-commercials%e2%80%a6/comment-page-1/#comment-18200)

The comments are pretty spot on too.

selk1
10-06-2009, 07:19 AM
It looks like they are closed. Is it for remodel or maybe a new building with a drive-thru? They don't look like they have alot of room.

oneforone
10-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Braum's Begins Construction on New Store in Moore

http://www.braums.com/Images/WhatsNew/W%20Model%20Photo.jpg Braum’s has begun construction on a new state-of-the-art store which will replace the current store located at 101 SW 19th Street in Moore.

On October 4th, the current location built in 1984 was closed, and demolition of the building began the next day. If all goes as planned, Braum’s company officials hope to open their new “W” model store in spring 2010.

“The Moore community has always been so supportive of us over the years and we’re excited about opening our largest store model there,” said Drew Braum, President. “We really like our current location so we decided to tear down the old store and build the new one in its place. We will work as fast as we possibly can to get the new store built because we understand the importance of getting it back open quickly,” Braum said.

Braum said he hopes that customers will visit the store at 620 NW 12th while the new location is under construction.

The new Moore “W” store design is 5,756 (five thousand seven hundred fifty six) square feet, and seats 86 guests. The building has a new look and feel with a stacked stone exterior, concrete floors, and open beamed ceilings. The “Fresh Market” grocery area is very large to accommodate Braum’s growing product offerings. The store will also have a double drive-through window.

During construction, all employees will be transferred to another Braum's location until the store is completed.

Braum's Ice Cream! (http://www.braums.com/whatsnew.asp?id=145)

Jesseda
10-06-2009, 10:56 AM
whats the deal, is it braums ice cream and dairy, or is it braums grocery store and ice cream parlor? what gives, what other kind of groceries do they have planned?

Il Dolce Gelato
10-06-2009, 11:23 AM
If you still want your ice cream fix but are sad that Braum's is closed while they are remodeling you can come across I-35 and have gelato at our Moore location by McAlister's Deli. We will welcome you with 24 artisanal flavors that will blow you away. We are open 12-10 M - Th, 12 - 11 F - S, & 3 - 9 on Sun. If you have questions call us at 794-7266. Happy ice cream eating!!!

Jesseda
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
how much is gelato at this place?

MsDarkstar
10-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Love Il Dolce Gelato but I have a bad habit of forgetting that it's there! Last time I was in was early summer. I wanted to take some home with me but your to-go containers were held up in customs or something, according to the clerk. Ah well, I'll have to come in soon & get my fix.

/end thread hijack

Jesseda, from what I've seen of all the "new style" Braum's stores, their grocery section is just an expanded version of what's already there. Same stuff, just more of it. The grocery dept now looks like it's meant to be there as opposed to looking like an afterthought.

Il Dolce Gelato
10-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks MsDarkstar, Sorry about the to go containers earlier in the year. Unfortunately that is an occasional problem with trying to run as authentic Italian gelateria as possible since we get many supplies from Italy. We are well stocked up now on to go's.

Jesseda, our small/4 oz. is $2.95, our medium/6.5 oz. is $3.65, and our large/9 oz. is $4.25. We also have the aformentioned to go containers with 1.6 pints for $10.00 and 2.1 pints for $12.50. We also have cones, coffees, teas, etc.
Hope to see you soon.

MrZ
10-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Braum's needs a sign saying they are closed. I was parked there today waiting on someone and saw car after car pull up and people get out trying to figure what was going on. I knew I would find the answer here.

Matt
10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
whats the deal, is it braums ice cream and dairy, or is it braums grocery store and ice cream parlor?

Neither. Corporate has decided those names are too old-fashioned. The new sign will read: "Braum's: Ye Olde Ice Cream Shoppe".

Jesseda
10-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Matt are you kidding me???

NE Oasis
10-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Matt are you kidding me???

Yes, he's pulling your leg. Take a short drive to the north to I-240/Shields to see what's coming. Braums just opened a new store in the Home Depot parking lot.

Jesseda
10-08-2009, 09:23 AM
i will check it out

kbsooner
10-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Old Braums is gone, dozers doin' work!

someone
10-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Sorry to say this but had the gelato. Can't compare to Braum's ice cream for my tastes. Love Braums. :D Gelato was so-so. :(

andimthomas
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Umm...what happened to the delete post option?

andimthomas
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Sorry to say this but had the gelato. Can't compare to Braum's ice cream for my tastes. Love Braums. :D Gelato was so-so. :(

How can you compare gelato to ice cream? They're hardly the same thing...

decepticobra
10-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Braum's Begins Construction on New Store in Moore

http://www.braums.com/Images/WhatsNew/W%20Model%20Photo.jpg Braum’s has begun construction on a new state-of-the-art store which will replace the current store located at 101 SW 19th Street in Moore.

On October 4th, the current location built in 1984 was closed, and demolition of the building began the next day. If all goes as planned, Braum’s company officials hope to open their new “W” model store in spring 2010.

“The Moore community has always been so supportive of us over the years and we’re excited about opening our largest store model there,” said Drew Braum, President. “We really like our current location so we decided to tear down the old store and build the new one in its place. We will work as fast as we possibly can to get the new store built because we understand the importance of getting it back open quickly,” Braum said.

Braum said he hopes that customers will visit the store at 620 NW 12th while the new location is under construction.

The new Moore “W” store design is 5,756 (five thousand seven hundred fifty six) square feet, and seats 86 guests. The building has a new look and feel with a stacked stone exterior, concrete floors, and open beamed ceilings. The “Fresh Market” grocery area is very large to accommodate Braum’s growing product offerings. The store will also have a double drive-through window.

During construction, all employees will be transferred to another Braum's location until the store is completed.

Braum's Ice Cream! (http://www.braums.com/whatsnew.asp?id=145)

nice., as if they employees at convergys need a reason to get fatter than they already are.

proud2Bsooner
10-22-2009, 09:15 AM

Maybe your tastes aren't discerning. I have a hard time believing you went to Il Dolce. The gelato there is crazy good. It's lower in fat and much more flavor than regular ice cream, and IDG has some really gormet flavors that vary daily. We are regulars and I want ths place to prosper. Good work deserves good props and profits.

decepticobra
10-22-2009, 09:31 AM
its pointless to argue over personal opinions since a basis for concrete facts to support such individual preferences can never be substantiated.

proud2Bsooner
10-22-2009, 10:07 AM
its pointless to argue over personal opinions since a basis for concrete facts to support such individual preferences can never be substantiated.

Maybe...but also lacking in thoughtfulness to try and degrade someone's business in this forum...particularly when they do such a good job.

mikesimpsons82
10-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Maybe...but also lacking in thoughtfulness to try and degrade someone's business in this forum...particularly when they do such a good job.
They didn't like it. They have the right to say they didn't like it just like you have the right to say you did. If you don't agree with something, that doesn't mean they can't voice their opinion.

MsDarkstar
10-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I don't think they were intentionally trying to "degrade" someone's business in this forum. Their personal opinion is that they thought the gelato was only so-so, and that they prefer Braum's. They clearly state that it's "not to their taste" - that's very different than saying it's bad in general & knocking the business.

I like Il Dolce AND Braum's...just depends on what I'm in the mood for. My nephew & I have shared some Il Dolce from the same container, and while I thought it was spectacular he didn't care for it. Does that make it bad? Nope, it just means that he personally didn't care for it.

SeinfeldBlock
10-26-2009, 03:08 PM
nice., as if they employees at convergys need a reason to get fatter than they already are.

Inappropriate! Not all Convergy's employees are fat.

Jesseda
10-27-2009, 01:24 PM
my goodness, break out the fistacuffs for someone not liking gelato.. to me i like taco mayo over taco bell...please no please no dont hit me i take it back take it back..good gosh people common.. i didnt buisness get bashed just because someone didnt like thre dessert

oneforone
10-29-2009, 01:30 AM
I just find this discussion laughable. Then again we live in a society where people just cannot wrap minds around the idea that other people like the things they hate and hate the things they like.

Can you imagine how boring the world would be if we all liked the same things and had the same opinions. Eventually people would quit talking to each other out of boredom.

Ginkasa
10-29-2009, 09:16 PM
I just find this discussion laughable. Then again we live in a society where people just cannot wrap minds around the idea that other people like the things they hate and hate the things they like.

Can you imagine how boring the world would be if we all liked the same things and had the same opinions. Eventually people would quit talking to each other out of boredom.

I also think its funny when people always assume that "doesn't like" means the same as "hate" (this is not a dig on you or your post; I agree with you). Even very slight difference of opinion seem to often explode for no reason.

So, uh, yay new Braum's!

braums manager
02-14-2010, 01:59 PM
a taste of italy

new italian pastas and sauces and extra virgin olive oil

it doesnt get any better than this

Steve
02-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Sounds good. Braum's manager, switching topics - is there a chance a Braum's fresh market will come to downtown?

braums manager
02-14-2010, 02:58 PM
i cant answer that question i have no idea

Matt
02-14-2010, 03:04 PM

If you'd start selling milk through the drive-through again, it would.

buckt
02-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Heck - I'd be thrilled to just find a clean Braum's....that's good start before introducing more products....ya think?

oneforone
02-14-2010, 03:48 PM
If you'd start selling milk through the drive-through again, it would.

It really does not take that much longer to go inside. The store here in MWC does a pretty good job of keeping a cashier on the grocery side. It only takes me a minute or two get in and out.

I don't see this changing anytime soon. I am sure having everyone come inside has increased their grocery sales by leaps and bounds.

Matt
02-14-2010, 04:10 PM
It really does not take that much longer to go inside.

Try telling that to the next wheelchair-bound person you see buying milk at Braum's, and they'd probably kick your ass. . . if only they had legs.

Steve
02-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Braum's manager, don't let the negative folks get to you. Thanks for the heads up.

kevinpate
02-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I think this will be a good fit. After all, truly great sauce takes a very long time to prepare, and if anyone knows long slow delivery well, it's your friendly neighborhood Braum's.

Don't get me wrong. I think they have right decent ice cream, and their burgers are excellent. But with the exception of one Braum's up in Perry, I've never seen one I'd confuse with a fast food place. The Perry folks had it going on last time I was up there, delicious and fast fast fast. I usually only get very yummy (but at a non-speed that can really test my patience) here in central Oklahoma.

metro
02-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Sounds good. Braum's manager, switching topics - is there a chance a Braum's fresh market will come to downtown?

Nooooooooooo. Many of us downtowners don't want it downtown Steve. Don't encourage them. They also made it clear they weren't ready for an Urban Market, and it's clear Braum's doesn't have the mentality. The Braums on Classen does just fine for us downtowners.
:fighting4

metro
02-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Heck - I'd be thrilled to just find a clean Braum's....that's good start before introducing more products....ya think?

No joke. Braum's has HORRIBLE customer service and wait times, and definitely hard to find a clean store.

a taste of italy

new italian pastas and sauces and extra virgin olive oil

Bad idea. Stick to burgers and ice cream.

"Braums: Slowly loosing our identity one year at a time"

Midtowner
02-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Wow guys.

You did just about everything but call her an awful person.

Matt
02-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Braum's manager, don't let the negative folks get to you. Thanks for the heads up.

Meh, Steve Lackmeyer. Meh. If Mr. Manager doesn't like the feedback he's gotten here, well, that's too bad. He should have posted this in the "promote a local business" section instead.

Dustin
02-15-2010, 09:17 AM

Or a hot burger. If not hot, at least warm. I hate it when I have to nuke a burger.

jdcf
02-15-2010, 11:25 AM
The best I can say about Braum's is that it is inconsistent.

bradzilla
02-15-2010, 11:48 AM
as a long time fan of braums....

i dont think its hurtful or mean to tell a manager of a location how you really feel about the chain/their store.

braums is great if you hit a location at the exact right time. their burgers, fries, and shakes are hard to beat. but the majority of the time its the exact opposite coupled with long wait times; its no secret that their consistency is lacking.