View Full Version : Braum's

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27

bucktalk
06-26-2021, 10:22 AM
I was just at that braum’s and didn’t find it filthy at all.

Maybe I just hit the wrong time. Trash was blowing everywhere, the doors and lobby area were filthy, etc. I don't know if they do this but if I were Braum's administration I would try to get a cleaning crew together which would, at least once a month, to a thorough cleaning while the store was closed. Also, Braum's need a better crew for their landscaping at stores. Don't get me wrong, I still go to Braum's but it's out of necessity. Ugh.

Rover
06-27-2021, 09:50 AM
I constantly find it amazing how Braum's continues to expand despite the fact many (if not most) of their stores are just. so. filthy. I know it must be a challenge keep a store clean but the lack of cleanliness is just appalling. By necessity I went to the new Braum's on Covell/I-35 today. To see how filthy that new store already looks is just unbelievable. Braum's expands and lack of store cleanliness expands as well.
Most all of the Braums I go to are pretty clean.

kukblue1
06-27-2021, 10:02 AM
Go during the day and their stores are much cleaner. Having worked for them they really focus on lunch. Store I worked at they would want 12 people working for lunch. After 5 pm it's a total different ball game. There be times the would have no more than 6 people total working. I never understood that since ice cream is more labor intensive than lunch but anyway I really think it's the time of day you go. Much cleaner in the afternoon total mess late evening.

John1744
06-27-2021, 10:18 AM
The one in our local town is pretty rough. Food is always solid but it definitely has seen better days and has been neglected. Hopefully Braums steps back a little soon and reevaluates their existing locations more thoroughly for updates and refreshes rather than continually expanding. A problem most companies seem to have when they're flush with cash and only seem to want to expand instead of reinvesting in existing locations.

Go during the day and their stores are much cleaner. Having worked for them they really focus on lunch. Store I worked at they would want 12 people working for lunch. After 5 pm it's a total different ball game. There be times the would have no more than 6 people total working. I never understood that since ice cream is more labor intensive than lunch but anyway I really think it's the time of day you go. Much cleaner in the afternoon total mess late evening.

Ours typically has a slew of 15 year olds working at night after school and I'd imagine getting them to keep the place spotless is probably a little tricky.

bucktalk
06-27-2021, 11:25 AM
The one in our local town is pretty rough. Food is always solid but it definitely has seen better days and has been neglected. Hopefully Braums steps back a little soon and reevaluates their existing locations more thoroughly for updates and refreshes rather than continually expanding. A problem most companies seem to have when they're flush with cash and only seem to want to expand instead of reinvesting in existing locations.

Ours typically has a slew of 15 year olds working at night after school and I'd imagine getting them to keep the place spotless is probably a little tricky.

Yes, this is quite true!

Pete
07-22-2021, 07:24 AM
The renovation at 39th & Penn continues. Employees said they hope to be complete by the end of August.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums072121a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums072121b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums072121c.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums072121d.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums072121e.jpg

Pete
08-06-2021, 12:34 PM
Braum's has filed a building permit application for the southwest corner of NW 150th & May, just to the west of OnCue:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums080621b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums080621a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums080621c.jpg

kukblue1
08-06-2021, 06:13 PM
Braum's has filed a building permit application for the southwest corner of NW 150th & May, just to the west of OnCue:

isn't there like one a mile away already. Braums is going to spread themselves too thin if they are not careful

scottk
08-06-2021, 08:52 PM
isn't there like one a mile away already. Braums is going to spread themselves too thin if they are not careful

There is a Braum's two miles away at 164th and Penn. There is also one at Edmond Road and Santa Fe, and there are plans for one at 192nd and Western. While I think this proposed location (150th and May) could have been placed a little further north and west, like 178th and Portland, given the population density of the surrounding neighborhoods and forced 1x1 mile traffic grid, this location should do fine.

Bowser214
08-07-2021, 07:53 AM
There's 3 within a 2 mile radius of my house in Windsor Oaks. 2 on 23rd and one on 39th & Portland. I'm not mad.

Pete
08-07-2021, 09:06 AM
They know what they are doing.

All their stores are very busy.

WheelerD Guy
08-07-2021, 10:36 AM

Hard to blame them for pressing the advantage in Fake Edmond.

A lot of disposable income (and people who don’t like to cook) lives nearby.

kukblue1
08-07-2021, 04:23 PM
They know what they are doing.

All their stores are very busy.

Ah Ok however the one by me on NW 23rd and Rockwell is never that busy. Non of their store can get help and keep help the store I used to work out went thru mangers on a monthly bases. We probably had 6 different night mangers in a year.

Pete
08-07-2021, 04:31 PM
Ah Ok however the one by me on NW 23rd and Rockwell is never that busy.

If you say so.

That store is 35 years old and one of their smaller buildings - about half the size of their new stores. 23rd & Rockwell is not exactly a growth area.

kukblue1
08-07-2021, 05:13 PM
While we are on the subject are all their stores out of 32 and 44 oz cups for just the few I go too? Also seen some others on facebook post about this.

https://twitter.com/TreyWitzel/status/1423460403665899521?s=20

Slimjim
08-09-2021, 07:40 AM
Whataburger is also running out of cups got a 20 oz drink and it’s a cheap foam cup

MagzOK
08-09-2021, 07:53 AM
Yes we've been to a few Braum's in the area and they've all been out of large cups.

Roger S
08-09-2021, 07:57 AM
Whataburger is also running out of cups got a 20 oz drink and it’s a cheap foam cup

The OnCue near I-40 and Meridian has been using plain white styrofoam cups for large coffee for awhile too

SEMIweather
08-09-2021, 09:28 AM
Yeah, OnCue is definitely going through it w/ regards to cup shortages currently.

Mballard85
08-09-2021, 10:52 AM
Went to 3 Braum's yesterday and not a single one had any whole or two percent milk. The gentleman working at one said they have been struggling to keep those products in stock.

kukblue1
08-09-2021, 12:49 PM
cup gate?

Wishbone
08-09-2021, 03:45 PM
Braums and Caseys are taking over the city. The 2 new Braums at I40 and Morgan road and SW 29th and Sara road are going up quickly. There are already 3 Braums in my area but I guess 2 more can't hurt.

Pete
08-22-2021, 07:48 AM
The renovation at 39th & Penn looks like it is pretty much complete.

Hard to tell from the images, but there are now dual ordering lanes in the drive-thru.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums082121a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums082121d.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums082121c.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/braums082121b.jpg

floyd the barber
10-22-2021, 04:30 PM
There's a new one being built I want to say on 15th and the Turnpike. Seems like Braum's opens a new location every week.

I'm interested in their long term plans. I think the founder died last year so it will be interesting to see what ownership does going forward. Who knows. He probably wasn't running the company for awhile anyway.

Their California Chipotle burrito combo is my favorite breakfast fast food. Good price too, less than six dollars. We are seeing prices go up everywhere yet Braum's stays pretty low on cost.

Wishbone
10-25-2021, 05:46 AM
There's a new one being built I want to say on 15th and the Turnpike. Seems like Braum's opens a new location every week.

I'm interested in their long term plans. I think the founder died last year so it will be interesting to see what ownership does going forward. Who knows. He probably wasn't running the company for awhile anyway.

Their California Chipotle burrito combo is my favorite breakfast fast food. Good price too, less than six dollars. We are seeing prices go up everywhere yet Braum's stays pretty low on cost.

Yes SW 15th and Sara road. It is going to be massive. The biggest Braums I've ever seen.

Joe Kimball
10-27-2021, 03:55 PM
I'd like to ask an update as to the shakes. Are they still only available as ice cream with the special milk, nothing else?

barrettd
10-28-2021, 06:31 AM
I'd like to ask an update as to the shakes. Are they still only available as ice cream with the special milk, nothing else?

Oh don't get this thread started on that again! :)

Wishbone
12-16-2021, 07:10 AM
The new Braums at SW 29th and Sara Rd is now open. It's the biggest Braums I've ever seen.

kukblue1
12-16-2021, 09:24 AM
The new Braums at SW 29th and Sara Rd is now open. It's the biggest Braums I've ever seen.

Largest Braums In the State of Oklahoma according to their facebook page. I wonder how they are staffing it. Seriously I have totally stopped going to the one by the outlet mall. They never have staff. Hopefully this Braums won't be as bad

Wishbone
12-17-2021, 05:20 AM
It's so big I thought maybe they were moving their headquarters there or something. I'll try and get pics of it and post it. The other thing is they just opened another Braums at I40 and Morgan road so not sure why the one on Sara is so massive.

kukblue1
12-17-2021, 12:04 PM
It's so big I thought maybe they were moving their headquarters there or something. I'll try and get pics of it and post it. The other thing is they just opened another Braums at I40 and Morgan road so not sure why the one on Sara is so massive.

And mustang road and i-40. If you live in westbury subdivision you have like 3 braums within 5 min drive. I guess that is a good thing but also seems like they would compete with one another.

kukblue1
12-20-2021, 09:23 AM
Speaking of Braums anyone use their car side service. I tried it twice when it first rolled out and both times it didn't go well. Once I had to call like after being there over 10 minutes and the other time I just went in after about 10 minutes and said where is my order. My friends that wokr at a few location says no one uses it at there store at all. I'm sure it's popular at some locations and not at all at others. The $20 minimum probably doesn't help either as 2 milk 2 ice cream 3 pints and your still don't hit $20.

corwin1968
01-03-2022, 06:03 PM
Ground work is being done on the lot behind On-Cue at NW 150th & May, which has been mentioned as a proposed Braums.

rkjg24
01-06-2022, 09:49 AM
Ground work is being done on the lot behind On-Cue at NW 150th & May, which has been mentioned as a proposed Braums.

County Assessor's info checks out. Will be interesting to see if they find anything in the construction, considering what I've heard about the cemetery next to it

Pete
01-06-2022, 10:02 AM

I posted these images upthread:

whorton
07-17-2022, 08:02 PM
Just a note for those already weary. . .

I work nights on the Southside, and about two weeks ago we sent one of our employees over to Braum's to grab some dinner. As I was eating the "regular hamburger" I noticed something not right, and pulled out a roughly 12" very dark hair from the hamburger. I'll not say specifically which Braum's, but mid Southwest side. . .Think near a drive-in. . .

The whole meal went in the trash and NEVER AGAIN BRAUMS. That went for our whole crew who ordered food from Braum's that evening.

Sorry, a foot long hair does not just "accidentally" find its way into a hamburger. Just the thought of the place makes now me want to puke, and I am usually not squeamish.

chssooner
07-17-2022, 11:38 PM

I work nights on the Southside, and about two weeks ago we sent one of our employees over to Braum's to grab some dinner. As I was eating the "regular hamburger" I noticed something not right, and pulled out a roughly 12" very dark hair from the hamburger. I'll not say specifically which Braum's, but mid Southwest side. . .Think near a drive-in. . .

The whole meal went in the trash and NEVER AGAIN BRAUMS. That went for our whole crew who ordered food from Braum's that evening.

Sorry, a foot long hair does not just "accidentally" find its way into a hamburger. Just the thought of the place makes now me want to puke, and I am usually not squeamish.

People lose hair all the time, by the hundreds. Why would a person with foot long hair be different? Braum's places them in every restaurant just for fun, you know.

It's still gross, but assuming something nefarious isn't 100% fair.

jccouger
07-19-2022, 09:29 AM

You'll live lol

I feel like Braums quality has improved exponentially over the last few years.

kukblue1
07-20-2022, 02:33 PM
Speaking of Braums anyone used their fresh market pickup? I tired it once when they first started doing it after waiting 10 minutes I finally just went inside. Friends that I have that work there say no one uses it.at least at their locations I been seeing a lot of Commercials for it lately.

PaddyShack
07-21-2022, 07:51 AM
Since Bricktown Ballpark has put up the Braum's advertisements in the stadium, I think it begs the question when will Braum's open an urban location!?! There is only Marble Slab and the gelato inside the candy shop. Certainly we could support a small urban styled Braum's!!

Anonymous.
07-21-2022, 08:28 AM
Since Bricktown Ballpark has put up the Braum's advertisements in the stadium, I think it begs the question when will Braum's open an urban location!?! There is only Marble Slab and the gelato inside the candy shop. Certainly we could support a small urban styled Braum's!!

This would be a dream. Although I doubt they will ever stray from the Suburban style with the drive-thru. The closest one to downtown is the beat up one on Classen and 17th. Which is easily the worst Braums ever (including service). I wonder if it is on their store refresh schedule.

Jeepnokc
07-21-2022, 08:50 AM
This would be a dream. Although I doubt they will ever stray from the Suburban style with the drive-thru. The closest one to downtown is the beat up one on Classen and 17th. Which is easily the worst Braums ever (including service). I wonder if it is on their store refresh schedule.

For some reason, I am under the impression that Braums owns the lots immediately behind the 17th/classen location (and has for several years). That is why I have been surprised that they haven't rebuilt this location.

TheTravellers
11-30-2022, 08:18 AM
The only thing we ever buy from Braum's is their eggnog - huge disappointment this year. Used to be the only one we'd buy because it was the best - richest, best tasting, thickest, etc. Now it's not - not as deep yellow of a color (not as many egg yolks), not as thick, and not as tasty (not enough spices), and on top of that, it's now $5.99, which is a 50% increase over last year (I think it was $3.99). Everybody will still buy it because it's Braum's, but I'm done with them.

Plutonic Panda
11-30-2022, 08:36 AM
Knock on wood but Braums Whole Milk is by far the best whole milk IMO. Ralph’s brand whole milks comes in at a solid second for me. I’ve had a few glasses of Eggnog most without liquor some with it but overall I haven’t noticed a difference. Then again I’m not the biggest fan of it anymore.

TheTravellers
11-30-2022, 09:53 AM
Knock on wood but Braums Whole Milk is by far the best whole milk IMO. Ralph’s brand whole milks comes in at a solid second for me. I’ve had a few glasses of Eggnog most without liquor some with it but overall I haven’t noticed a difference. Then again I’m not the biggest fan of it anymore.

Braum's whole milk is very good, but I don't like their business practices (and their attempted purchase of the Donnay bldg), so eggnog is the only thing we (used to) buy there. For milk, we're lucky that the Homeland on 18th/Classen carries half-gallons of Marak whole milk, it's fantastic (if you're not a heavy milk drinker, you have to shake it up every day so it won't turn into cream).

Dob Hooligan
11-30-2022, 09:54 AM
The only thing we ever buy from Braum's is their eggnog - huge disappointment this year. Used to be the only one we'd buy because it was the best - richest, best tasting, thickest, etc. Now it's not - not as deep yellow of a color (not as many egg yolks), not as thick, and not as tasty (not enough spices), and on top of that, it's now $5.99, which is a 50% increase over last year (I think it was $3.99). Everybody will still buy it because it's Braum's, but I'm done with them.

A google search indicates egg nogg prices are way up nationwide this year. Looks like there are some butter issues with supply chain as well. So far as recollections of color and taste from years past, those are subjective. If you just don't like it this year, maybe try Whole Foods? It has good reviews.

TheTravellers
11-30-2022, 09:59 AM
A google search indicates egg nogg prices are way up nationwide this year. Looks like there are some butter issues with supply chain as well. So far as recollections of color and taste from years past, those are subjective. If you just don't like it this year, maybe try Whole Foods? It has good reviews.

Yeah, there are a few other options that are acceptable, it's just that Braum's was the gold (ha) standard. I'm guessing avian flu, and all the other environmental stuff that's happened has made them be cheaper in the manufacturing process and charge more, but it's still not cool (just as it's not cool with every other major manufacturer of almost anything charging more just because they can, because of "inflation", which is mainly caused by corporate greed - https://www.salon.com/2022/10/19/katie-porter-pulls-out-chart-at-hearing-to-show-corporate-greed-is-the-biggest-driver-of-inflation_partner/)

Roger S
11-30-2022, 12:09 PM
Homeland on 18th/Classen carries half-gallons of Marak whole milk, it's fantastic (if you're not a heavy milk drinker, you have to shake it up every day so it won't turn into cream).

Love Marak's milk... Not for drinking but it's the only milk I know of in the area that isn't Ultra Pasteurized so it's a great option to make cheese with.

TheTravellers
11-30-2022, 12:25 PM
Love Marak's milk... Not for drinking but it's the only milk I know of in the area that isn't Ultra Pasteurized so it's a great option to make cheese with.

Your post about it a while back is what made us try it (all the other brands carried by HL aren't as good or go bad quickly (or both, like Hiland, ugh)), thank you for that. :)

gjl
11-30-2022, 02:44 PM
Try Fairlife milk. What you buy now has an expiration date in Feb 23. They say 2 weeks after it's opened. It's all I've been drinking for the last year or so.

citywokchinesefood
11-30-2022, 02:54 PM
Lomah Dairy in Wynadotte has the best milk in the state. The cheeses are fantastic as well. Sadly, it has been about two years since I have been able to make the trip with how busy life has been. It is an old school farm with a serve yourself honor system.

TheTravellers
11-30-2022, 03:38 PM
Lomah Dairy in Wynadotte has the best milk in the state. The cheeses are fantastic as well. Sadly, it has been about two years since I have been able to make the trip with how busy life has been. It is an old school farm with a serve yourself honor system.

They're permanently closed, per their FB page.

gjl - Thanks for the tip about Fairlife, I'll have to investigate...

Edmond Hausfrau
01-23-2023, 09:31 PM
Dozen eggs at Braum's pre -snowpocalypse is $6. A dozen cage free brown eggs at Trader Joes this afternoon is $2.99. Crazy price inversion and I hope Trader Joes wipes the floor with Braum's.

Edmond Hausfrau
01-23-2023, 09:35 PM
Try Fairlife milk. What you buy now has an expiration date in Feb 23. They say 2 weeks after it's opened. It's all I've been drinking for the last year or so.

Fairlife milk is awesome! Try their chocolate milk too.

gjl
01-23-2023, 10:02 PM
Fairlife milk is awesome! Try their chocolate milk too.

The only down side to Fairlife is the price (usually 3.98 for 52 oz.) and many times the Crest and WMs I shop at will be out of stock on it. The chocolate milk is a little too chocolaty for me. I have to mix it 1/2 with the Fairlife skim.

rizzo
01-24-2023, 07:17 AM
Dozen eggs at Braum's pre -snowpocalypse is $6. A dozen cage free brown eggs at Trader Joes this afternoon is $2.99. Crazy price inversion and I hope Trader Joes wipes the floor with Braum's.

I had a cashier tell me Braum's only makes 10 cents on a package of eggs. I almost jumped up on the register it was getting deep really fast.

MagzOK
01-24-2023, 07:43 AM

Trader Joes has the best pricing of most all items. We love their $0.19 bananas.

BoulderSooner
01-24-2023, 09:00 AM

6.20 for 2 dozen at costco

Crisko
01-24-2023, 11:09 AM

Look on Youtube for videos about Fairlife. The employees abuse the animals. They take the calves away from the mothers at birth and put them in cages outside where the mothers can see them. They hit the animals, let them fall off trucks, etc. I'd never buy one of their products until proven this has stopped.

gjl
01-24-2023, 11:46 AM
N/m...