View Full Version : Dim Sum

trison
03-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I always try to make it to Grand House on the weekends for Dim Sum. I think it is awesome! Does anyone know of another restuarant that serves good Dim Sum during the week? Sometimes I can't make it on the weekends and would like another alternative.

PennyQuilts
03-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Just want to say that brings back wonderful memories. When my youngest girl was the only one still at home (last two years of highschool), we'd go to Grand House most Saturdays for Dim Sum, then spend the rest of the afternoon shopping or just hanging out. Good times...

andimthomas
03-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I think it costs wayy too much now. Me and my family used to go about every other week. That was about seven years ago. I do miss it, though. I like what they did to the place. Looks alot more modern.

okyeah
03-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Last time I went there for dim sum I had this dough ball filled with pork. The pork was super chewy and had a lot of fat on it....and I haven't been back to Grand House ever since. I still think their food is overpriced...you can actually get some of their dim sum dishes at Cao Nguyen for half the price.... like that ball of dough with sesame seeds on the outside of it. All in all, I don't think Grand House even cares about the quality of the food they are serving.

fromdust
03-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Last time I went there for dim sum I had this dough ball filled with pork. The pork was super chewy and had a lot of fat on it....and I haven't been back to Grand House ever since. I still think their food is overpriced...you can actually get some of their dim sum dishes at Cao Nguyen for half the price.... like that ball of dough with sesame seeds on the outside of it. All in all, I don't think Grand House even cares about the quality of the food they are serving.

grand house suckkkkkks! yes, overprised for the bland food they offer.

Prunepicker
03-09-2009, 12:26 AM
I've played (Jazz) at the Grand House on many occasions. It's a wonderful
restaurant! They feed the band very well!

MIKELS129
03-09-2009, 07:29 AM
I have been a patron of the Grand House for over 20 years, there is no finer people than the family that owns Grand House. Their dim sum, as well as the rest of their food, is authentic Chinese and made on site, not flown in. Dim Sum is very labor intensive and that is why it is only offered on the weekends. They now have sushi and it is great. The portions are very generous. I whole heartily recommend Grand House.

trison
03-09-2009, 02:43 PM
I didn't mean for this post to become a forum of who is for or against the Grand House. I was wanting to know if there were other alternatives. For the record I love Grand House. I agree that the owners are great people. I have spent alot of time visiting with them and enjoy their company. I also like their Dim Sum. That's why I eat there almost every weekend.

So Again, does anyone have another recomendation for Dim Sum?

icecold
03-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Dim Sum dumb answers to your original question.

andimthomas
03-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Their bakery, on the other hand- yumm :)

nguy0231
04-08-2009, 11:47 PM
grand house is the good dimsum in okc..its even said to be better then dallas dim sum and dallas has alot of asian restaurants..hell people from dallas come to grand house just to get dim sum..stick with grand house because its the only place around..and its good LOL

GWB
04-16-2009, 05:31 AM
I didn't mean for this post to become a forum of who is for or against the Grand House. I was wanting to know if there were other alternatives. For the record I love Grand House. I agree that the owners are great people. I have spent alot of time visiting with them and enjoy their company. I also like their Dim Sum. That's why I eat there almost every weekend.

So Again, does anyone have another recomendation for Dim Sum?

When we lived in Seattle, my wife and I would often eat at a place called, Sunya, in the Asian District, near downtown Seattle. I have never eaten better Dim Sum than what this place serves, and I've eaten at many places where they serve Dim Sum in my travels across the country. When we moved here we searched all over OKC for a place where they serve good Dim Sum, sadly, the only place that we ever found that serves it in OKC is the Grand House. In my opinion, it's just OK. But I haven't eaten there for over two years so maybe we need to go back and give them a try again. If you find another restaurant that serves Dim Sum, be sure to come back and tell us about it.