View Full Version : Concrete work needed!

Lauri101
02-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know a business that will do small concrete jobs? I have some steps and a porch that are crumbling - they are original from house built in 50's and either need repair or replacement.

I don't know if the job is just too small or what the deal is, but I've called two different people who sauid they'd stop by and look and call me, but no call backs. I'm willing to pay what its worth to fix it, but they must be licensed to work in MWC.

Please help if you can! Thanks!

jsibelius
02-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Good luck to you. I can't EVER get anyone to come do any work on my house, no matter what the work is. New flooring, paint, general repair work...Nope. Nada. I feel like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman: "...but I have money..." I sincerely hope you have better luck than I do. I gave up a long time ago. (Maybe my post will guilt somebody into something - but check references. We don't want to see you on "In Your Corner.")

USG '60
02-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Good luck to you. I can't EVER get anyone to come do any work on my house, no matter what the work is. New flooring, paint, general repair work...Nope. Nada. I feel like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman: "...but I have money..." I sincerely hope you have better luck than I do. I gave up a long time ago. If you are currently needing those things done PM me.

Lauri101
02-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Good luck to you. I can't EVER get anyone to come do any work on my house, no matter what the work is. New flooring, paint, general repair work...Nope. Nada. I feel like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman: "...but I have money..." I sincerely hope you have better luck than I do. I gave up a long time ago. (Maybe my post will guilt somebody into something - but check references. We don't want to see you on "In Your Corner.")

You are so right! I cannot understand it - I hear so many stories of people wanting to work but finding people to do the "odd" jobs is almost impossible.

I do ask for and check references, which has caused some people to all of a sudden become "busy".

Mother always said it was good to fall in love with a man handy with his tools. Now I know what she really meant!

USG '60
02-27-2009, 05:54 PM
I am a semi-retired general remodeler and am staying busy due to this post in the Mesta Park website. I have good friends in similar situations and if I can't get to your job, I will introduce you to them. We have tons of referrals. Check here for starts. Bruce Buckner | Mesta Park Historical Neighborhood | Oklahoma City (http://www.mestapark.org/bruce-buckner)

fire121
03-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Does anyone know a business that will do small concrete jobs? I have some steps and a porch that are crumbling - they are original from house built in 50's and either need repair or replacement.

I don't know if the job is just too small or what the deal is, but I've called two different people who sauid they'd stop by and look and call me, but no call backs. I'm willing to pay what its worth to fix it, but they must be licensed to work in MWC.

Please help if you can! Thanks!

Have you found anyone?

Lauri101
03-06-2009, 04:42 AM
Maybe (crossing fingers)
There is a guy (remodeling contractor) coming to look at it this afternoon. He said he likes the smaller jobs to keep his crew busy, he's licensed and seems promising.

I'll keep ya'll posted - he works in my same building, so I probably won't see his numbers until next week.
thanks!

noee
06-15-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm a concrete contractor i do all kinds of concrete im bonded and licensed you can reach me @ 405-496-9864 i do quality work and fair prices do also remodeling

BlackmoreRulz
06-18-2011, 12:21 PM
What kind of licensing is there for concrete jobs? I thought the State of Oklahoma only licensed electrical, mechanical, and plumbing contractor's?

Thunder
06-18-2011, 10:58 PM
You have pictures? Only businesses should have license, but one person helping another person don't require a license. I have done some concrete jobs myself and I don't have a license. I could help and save you money, cuz I usually let the person price it. I'm no expert, which is why I'd like pictures to see what exactly need to be done.

Lauri101
06-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks all - I was able to get the work done last year. If you'll notice, this is kind of an old thread. ;)

Thunder
06-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh, sorry. Still want to show us a picture? :-)

Lauri101
06-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Will do when it gets cool enough to step outside - September? :)

Thunder
06-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Will do when it gets cool enough to step outside - September? :)

:-(