View Full Version : Super Bowl Food Help

sooners83
01-30-2009, 10:57 AM
I usually have a few people over to watch the big game. Last year I got a party platter from Chilis (the tripple play) and it was very good. I don't want to get the same thing this year, but will if I can't think of anything better. What do you all do for food during the super bowl? Any suggestions?

I don't care if it is takeout or if I have to make it. Either will work!

danielf1935
01-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Johnnies Charcolbroiler has a take out item called the "hamburger bar", everything is cooked and ready to serve, the condiments are provided and your guest's assemble their burger as they want.

John
01-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Qdoba has a taco bar that you can get for an event. Pretty cool setup and good, too.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Spencer's BBQ!

southernskye
01-30-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm making some hot wings.

Stubb's Legendary Inferno Hot Wings
Serves: 5 - 10

Ingredients:
1 bottle Stubb's Wicked Wing Sauce
(Original if you like it just pretty darn hot or Inferno if you like August in West Texas - set your har on fire - run cryin' for your momma hot!)
2 tablespoons of Stubb's Bar-B-Q Spice Rub
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
40 or so chicken wings (third joint removed)
Non-stick cooking spray

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine flour, salt, pepper, red pepper and Stubb's Bar-B-Q Spice Rub in a plastic, sealable bag. Shake the wings 6 at a time until well coated. Shake off excess flour and spices. Place on previously sprayed baking pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
Remove from oven and brush Stubb's Wicked Chicken Wing Sauce generously over wings. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, turn wings and again brush with Stubb's Wicked Chicken Wing Sauce - return to oven for 5 minutes.
Serve with a side of Stubb's Wicked Chicken Wing Sauce and a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing (to quench the fire).

You can find the Wing Sauce at Homeland. I normally don't use the spice rub or the cayenne and they are VERY hot even without it. I also use the original sauce.

ksearls
01-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Trust me on this, you will be the hero:

1 can drained artichoke hearts (chop roughly)
1 cup mayo (hellmans, hell yeah)
1 cup kraft Parmesan cheese (don't use good stuff, won't work as well)
1 can chopped green chilis (i like hot)
1 squeeze lemon juice

Put it all in one little casserole dish and mix up. Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 until top is brown. Serve with crackers or big ol fritos. Yum.

metro
01-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Sounds like everyone is taking the easy way out and getting chain fast food. I'm interested in hearing more homemade recipes. Kim, my wife makes the same thing minus the green chilis but adds shredded mozzarella cheese. Pretty tasty!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-01-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm not! I just got home with about 412 lbs of cheese, 900 lbs of wings, and all the stuff to cook 'em up right.

Along with enough beer to keep 4 Irishmen well sloshed for a week.

Oh...And I'm going to try my hand at making pizza from scratch too. :)

MadMonk
02-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Two words: Beer Cheese

Beer Cheese

4 cups Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 1 lb.)
4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (Again, about 1 lb.)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 Tablespoons chili sauce
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1 teaspoon dry mustard
several dashes Hot Pepper sauce (Tabasco, or whatever you like)
1 Cup beer (I've used ale, stout and porter; a good ale works really nice here.)

1) In a food processor, combine Cheddar, Monterey Jack, garlic, chili sauce, salt, mustard and hot sauce. Mix t up pretty well.

2) With processor running, slowly add beer and process until mixture is smooth. (You may need to scrape down the sides to make sure everythings well-mixed.) Transfer to a crock or a bowl, cover, and refrigerate at least 4 hours to let flavors blend and mellow.

Serve with crackers or whatever; just make sure you take this out of the fridge 30 - 45 minutes before serving to let the cheese soften.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Man...That sounds tasty!

Martin
02-01-2009, 03:36 PM
re: beer cheese... does this recipe serve well heated? i've had something similar at tapwerks, but it was served hot.

-M

danielf1935
02-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Oh God the Smell, next time, include your address !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Hell no!

I like having leftovers for a whole week:tiphat:

westsidesooner
02-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Two words: Beer Cheese

Beer Cheese

:bow:

MadMonk
02-02-2009, 10:20 AM
re: beer cheese... does this recipe serve well heated? i've had something similar at tapwerks, but it was served hot.

-M
I've never tried it heated up, but I'm sure it's just as good. You might reduce the amount of beer to keep it from being too runny (or not). Let us know if you do it.