View Full Version : How do you eat your Ramen Noodles?

metro
01-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Okay, so this is strange but the how to grill a perfect steak thread inspired me to post this random thread I found on another site I read. Lots of different ideas (and pics) if you take the time to read all 14 pages.

ScionLife View topic - How do u eat ur RAMEN???!!! (http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=246605&start=0)

OKCisOK4me
01-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Nice thread.

I like to eat 3 packages at a time. Maybe I should go to 2 at a time. Anyway, I boil the water, dump a package of seasoning in, then add the cubes. Stir not for 3 minutes but until they still have a little hardness in them. Then I strain all, I repeat, all the water out. Then I put half of one more package of seasoning (I know, a lot of sodium) into the noodles, stir, then eat.

So so yummy!

Easy180
01-29-2009, 08:11 PM
I have always eaten ramen by boiling it for 3 minutes...Dumping the water and throwing the seasoning right on the noodles

Guess I'm not too good at following directions

Jon27
01-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Cut up hot dogs into it!

GWB
01-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't cook ramen soup. What I do is boil the noodles then put them in a frying pan with hot oil and make crispy pan fried noodles. Then I'll make some beef with oyster sauce and add green onions, garlic, ginger and occasionally I might add broccoli. You can make any sauce you want with any variations of meats, vegetables, etc. I love pan friend noodles and the ramen noodles are perfect for this.

so1rfan
01-29-2009, 10:08 PM
I put the noodles in for three minutes, turn down the heat and add the seasoning. Then I beat an egg and slowing pour the egg in the soup while stirring. Kind of gives it the "egg drop soup" flava.

kristae
01-29-2009, 10:16 PM
I always pour off some of my water first because I like the flavor a little more concentrated. I woud agree with so1rfan though and say that a scrambled egg in it is great and then I always top with a slice of Kraft cheese :) No where near the egg,cheese, ramyun I used to enjoy in Korea but not too bad either.

kristae
01-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Now another variation on this, and please stick with me here, is a preperation way I learned when I was a prison gaurd in Texas. The inmates woud take the noodles of 3-4 packets, boil, drain, THEN add the seasoning to the drained noodles. To this they would add velveeta cheese, a can of chili, some hot dogs, fritos corn chips, and maybe even a diced pickle (really what ever was left from their trip to the commisary went into this). Cover and let the cheese melt then spread on bread or flour tortillas. They would just refer to this stuff as "spread".

I know, I know, probably sounds nasty, but just try not to knock it till you try it!

kevinpate
01-30-2009, 05:13 AM
I love this thread, siply because it goes along with my own experiences and suspicions, that practically no one makes ramen noodles make a far superior side or even entree than they do soup filler.

For us, it's boil, drain, repan, add 75% of the seasoning packets, sometimes blending various flavors, add the diced/shreded/cubed meat/fish/fowl de jour, a speck of veggies, a splash of soy and then more veggies/salad to the side.

Cheap eats, tasty too.

angel27
01-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Have ya'll tried the asian salad made with ramen? Really good stuff:

1 1/2 lbs cole slaw mix
chopped green onions ~ 3/4 cup
2 pkgs chickn Ramen noodles, crushed - reserve one pkg seasoning
1 c sliced almonds
4 T sesame seeds
1 T butter

dressing: 1 c salad oil
4 T sugar
2 t salt
Ramen chicken seasoning
4 T vinegar

mix almonds, sesame seeds and melted butter in jelly roll pan. Place under broiler and watch carefully until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.

Mix all ingredients for the dressing in a lidded jar and shake well.

In a large salad bowl mix cole slaw & chopped green onions. Toss well. Immediately before serving add the almond sesame mix along with the dressing and the crushed, raw ramen noodles.

metro
02-02-2009, 09:01 AM
angel, my mother used to make that salad, not bad actually.

ApplePearBerry
02-06-2009, 07:38 PM
I like mine with shrimp and bok choy, an Asian vegetable.

bandnerd
02-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I think I can honestly say I've never eaten Ramen noodles. Not even in college. The ingredient list scared me!

629cyn
02-10-2009, 11:58 AM
My daughter and all her friends take Ramen Noodles to school for snack time. They empty the dry noodles into a zip loc bag, seal it up tight, and crush them to pieces. Then open the bag, add the seasonings and eat it. She claims it is delish and all her friends agree. I read the ingredient list and cut her back to once a week. The sodium content is huge.

Zoedith
02-11-2009, 11:19 AM
I have tried the egg dropped into it and that is tasty.

My preferred recipe is to add sour cream, after boiling, draining, and adding sauce packet (preferably chicken).

Luke
02-11-2009, 02:06 PM
I had a friend who would take a dry ramen slice(?) and spread peanut butter on it. Never tried it, but it sounds kinda good. I've eaten dry ramen slices before. Not bad.

TaoMaas
02-11-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm still a Ramen newby. I'd never had them until about a year ago. My daughter was stunned! lol

trousers
02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
You guys need to go to Super Cao Ngyuen. They have one side of an entire aisle that is nothing but Ramen style noodles.

629cyn
02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Here's another recipe for you, a dessert recipe.

Add dry ramen noodles to a pot of melted almond bark, spoon it out onto wax paper and let it cool in the fridge. Ramen Noodle Candy. Easy, fast and tasty.