View Full Version : Retro Television Network * RTN

MikeOKC
01-16-2009, 04:16 AM
Has anyone heard plans for any of our local stations to pick up Retro TV on any of the digital sub-channels? I would think it would make a great splash in Oklahoma City. Tulsa has RTN thanks to KTUL Digital 8.3. RTN has been huge for classic TV fans and can best be described as what TVLand set out to be. Classic TV 24/7. I put their coverage map at the bottom of this post. We should be on there!

MyRetroTV.com (http://www.myretrotv.com/index2.html)

Retro Television Network Programs:

Adam 12
Airwolf
Alfred Hitchcock Hour
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Alias Smith and Jones
The A-Team
Bachelor Father
Battlestar Galactica
Black Sheep Squadron
The Bold Ones
Buch Rogers
Delvecchio
Dragnet ('60s version)
Ellery Queen
Emergency
The Greatest American Hero
Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries
Harry and the Hendersons
Hunter
The Incredible Hulk
Ironside
It Takes A Thief
The Jack Benny Show
Kate and Allie
Knight Rider
Kojak
Laredo
Leave it to Beaver
Magnum P.I.
Marcus Welby M.D.
McHale's Navy
Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer
The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo
Munsters Today
Mystery Theater
Night Gallery
Off Beat Cinema
O'Hara U.S. Treasury
Operation Petticoat
Quincy
The Rockford Files
Run For Your Life
Simon and Simon
Suspense Theatre
Switch
That's Incredible
The Virginian
Voyagers
Wagon Train
and more!

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/125/retrotvbk2.jpg

Bobby821
01-16-2009, 11:08 AM
I am hopefull on this one also for OKC area. There is also This TV and another network that are out now for Over the air digital carriage. Lets hope we get more channels added to Digital over the air here in OKC. I talked with an employee of OETA I think he is in the engineering dept there and he said after the analog cutoff OETA is going to have 5 or 6 channels broadcast that will be cool.

MikeOKC
01-16-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm familiar with "This TV" and they've changed quite a bit. They're trying to turn into an all talk show and reality show network.

RetroTV would be an incredible addition to OKC on a subchannel. One of them should really be looking into that, if they're not already. Anybody seen 8.3 in Tulsa?

OETA seems to be the only one really using their subs to the fullest. They've got several up and running. The official switch to digital will give us so many niche programming offerings.

Bobby821
01-16-2009, 03:27 PM
KTBO has the most offerings they have 5 channels lit up.

oneforone
01-16-2009, 04:54 PM
KTBO has the most offerings they have 5 channels lit up.

How much send your money to secure your place in heaven can one watch?

bluedogok
01-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Our ABC affiliate has it on a sub-channel here in Austin.

Bobby821
01-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Maybe we should start calling the local OKC stations to let them know we want this and other channels added.

Bobby821
01-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Does anyone have any connection at the OKC stations that can let us know if any new sub channels are in the works?

solitude
01-18-2009, 07:10 PM
A station in Santa Barbara has this on one of these sub channels. We caught it awhile back before moving here and we were visiting. Think the old Nick at Night in the early nineties and that's what this channel is like. It would work in OKC - no doubt in my mind.

Bobby821
01-19-2009, 08:37 AM
I agree good family entertainment. Lets hope it gets picked up by one of the okc stations soon.

metro
01-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I am hopefull on this one also for OKC area. There is also This TV and another network that are out now for Over the air digital carriage. Lets hope we get more channels added to Digital over the air here in OKC. I talked with an employee of OETA I think he is in the engineering dept there and he said after the analog cutoff OETA is going to have 5 or 6 channels broadcast that will be cool.

They already have 5-6 channels on HDTV, sounds like they will broadcast those after the digital switch.

metro
01-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Does anyone have any connection at the OKC stations that can let us know if any new sub channels are in the works?

I do, next time I talk to them I'll try and ask them if I remember to.

Bobby821
01-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks Much appreciated...