View Full Version : Best Home Builder? - $250k - $350k (MWC - Near Tinker)

Clock4869
01-05-2009, 07:49 PM
First thanks for reading my post. My question as you can probably tell from the title is who you consider to be a good builder (new home construction). My price range is $250-$350k for a house that has 4 bedrooms and 3+ bathrooms (approx 2500-3000 sq feet). Basically who's trustable? Who's easy to work with? Who uses good quality products and has the know-how to do the job right?

A second question is what do you think of SWM&Sons? Have you dealt with them? Any opinons/concerns?

Finally feel free to offer any advice on building a home i.e. things to know and to watch out for...

Thanks in advance for all the help and advice you can offer me...

SoonerDave
01-06-2009, 12:31 PM
n/m

bluepickle
01-26-2009, 02:54 PM
My wife and I had a very good experience with Mashburn Faires. Darren Faires was our builder and he was excellent to work with. We built more in the Moore area as opposed to the MWC area, however.

Sooner_Fan
02-12-2009, 12:01 PM
My wife and recently built a home similar in size and cost to what you are looking at. The things I would have added or done different in no particular order are:

Add extra plugs(including outdoors), switches, and if using recessed lighting add extra can's etc.

I would have put automatic (door open light on, door closed light off) light switches on all my kids closets.

Put good lighting in closets (flourescent?) instead of those cheap 2 bulb dome things.

I would have paid more attention to drainage issues including what I may plan to do later. (we added a pool after a few years and drainage became a problem.

I would have built the home in a manner that would have allowed for a simple natural looking ad on or bonus room in the future.

One of the best things we did during construction (we had room in the garage) was to add a stairwell to the attic instead of the traditional drop down attic stairwell.

Those are some of the things I think about today after 6 years in the home.

Sooner_Fan
02-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Also, go over everthing up front from allowances, types of woods, what kind of countertops, window sills, how many built in's, size of moldings, etc. etc. Most builders will have a list of what their homes include and at what price.