View Full Version : 7 Pounds

Bostonfan
12-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Very good movie, IMO. Very different and makes you really think throughout the movie. I will normally watch a movie and within hours forget about it (minus the one liners in funny movies), not this one. I love how they didn't tell you much in the reviews ( I assume on purpose) and made you go into the movie not really knowing what to expect.

Anyone else seen it? Thoughts?

Karried
12-25-2008, 10:00 PM
I saw it... I love Will Smith, he is awesome. He did a great job.

I wanted to love this movie...but I ended up only 'liking' it.. it left me feeling kind of sad..... that's all I'm saying.

jbrown84
12-28-2008, 05:26 PM
This movie was terrible. The "twist" ending is easy to guess about 30 minutes in, if you don't get it in the first couple minutes. And once you do know the secret, you lose all interest in the characters.

5/10 or C

SPOILERS

What Smith's character did is a total copout. He could have impacted a lot more than 7 lives by not killing himself and hurting those that loved him.

Bostonfan
12-28-2008, 07:00 PM
This movie was terrible. The "twist" ending is easy to guess about 30 minutes in, if you don't get it in the first couple minutes. And once you do know the secret, you lose all interest in the characters.

5/10 or C

SPOILERS

What Smith's character did is a total copout. He could have impacted a lot more than 7 lives by not killing himself and hurting those that loved him.

I have to disagree, but hey, that's how it goes. Also, didn't he have cancer himself, therefore was going to die pretty soon?

jbrown84
12-28-2008, 07:17 PM
I didn't get that impression.

Bostonfan
12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I didn't get that impression.

I could be wrong, but I thought he had cancer. At the end, I thought his brother had said something to that effect, thus part of the reason he carried through his plan...

Karried
12-28-2008, 09:46 PM
I was wondering about that too... but then I wondered if he could have donated any organs if he was sick.

FritterGirl
12-29-2008, 07:43 AM
The BROTHER had had lung cancer, which was the impetus that started the Will Smith character's "chain" of behavior, if you will.

I agree with Jbrown. I figured out the twist about 30 mins into it and really lost patience with the film. It was too slowly paced, and while it was very sad at the end (you knew he had already made his decision), I felt frustrated with it.

I was just glad it wasn't overly-maudlin.

On another note, SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE is/was absolutely brilliant!