View Full Version : Top Breakfast

Bostonfan
11-26-2008, 01:54 PM
I would have to say Classen Grill. I am going to try Nic's out when I can catch him opened. Any other good breakfast joints around??

and I'm not talking IHOP, Denny's, Jimmy's Egg. I'm talking real breakfast. :smile:

southernskye
11-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Classen Grill is the best we have found close to our house.

John
11-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Easily Classen Grill. Followed by Jimmy's Egg. Joey's Cafe (122 & May) is right up there at #2 as well.

kevinpate
11-27-2008, 11:46 AM
> I'm talking real breakfast.

Let's see, eggs, juice, biscuits/gravy, bacon, sausage, steak, fruit ... all of which is available through the places you exclude. Confusing? A bit.

My three preferences for being out for breakfast are, in no particular order:
Choice Cafe SE 48th(ish) & S Shields
Everybody's Favorites #2 SE 63rd(ish) and S Shields
The Diner (Main St, downtown Norman)

Bostonfan
11-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Sorry, should have been more clear. I meant chain restaraunts. I know it might sound funny, but breakfast just doesn't taste as good to me from those types...

Will have to try those 3 you mentioned

Millie
11-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Cattlemen's.

amaesquire
11-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Cafe Antigua. 18th and Classen.

Generals64
11-28-2008, 09:31 AM
If you want an old fashioned (and large) breakfast that is affordable as well as delicious try OMLETTES 'N MOORE.....located on 5th and Broadway in Moore. You will be pleasantly surprised. Not everyone in the world goes there. But it is good...while in Moore on an afternoor, try The Salsa Grille at 12th and Janeway. Old fashioned Mexican food....affordable....

jbrown84
11-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Sorry, should have been more clear. I meant chain restaraunts. I know it might sound funny, but breakfast just doesn't taste as good to me from those types...

Will have to try those 3 you mentioned

Have you been to the original Jimmy's Egg on 16th & May?

Bostonfan
11-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Have you been to the original Jimmy's Egg on 16th & May?

No. I've been to the MWC one, and each time it made me sick. I thought after the first time it might have been something else. So I went back. The second time, got sick again, and was too bull headed and went back again. The 3rd time of getting sick after eating there was enough for me. No other place has ever made me sick, not to mention 3 times.

John
11-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Around the Corner in DT Edmond is good, too.

redcup
11-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Shartel Cafe (NW 50th and Shartel) is a fave of mine. Also, has a pretty good lunch menu.
I am not a fan of Jimmy's Egg anymore. Their french toast sucks!

The Diner in Norman gets my vote as well. Very old school and fun.

OKCFitness
11-29-2008, 05:41 PM
redcup beat me to it. Shartel Cafe is awesome, best omelettes I have ever eaten.

kevinpate
11-30-2008, 07:21 AM
I know the OP doesn't care for chains, but one he did not specifically exclude, and that I've enjoyed, is the Cracker Barrel chain. I've visited CB's in Norman, Lawton, Slidell and several towns of the "I need to get out of the car and I'm hungry anyway, oh, look a CB at the next exit, that'll work" variety.

Never had a bad CB breakfast. Can't speak to the rest of their menu, but opthers seem to enjoy the offerings. For me, CB = breakfast

tuck
11-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Cafe Antigua. 18th and Classen.

the #7 at Cafe Antiqua is the best breakfast dish in town...trust me!!!

bravofriendly
11-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Joey's Cafe (fabulous french toast)
Classen Grill (fresh squeezed OJ)
Shartel Cafe (we love the breakfast quesadillas)
Nic's (the omlettes are good, but my friend and I are partial to his pancakes, particularly with blueberries added)

I saw that someone mentioned Cattlemen's a few posts earlier...they serve breakfast?

southernskye
11-30-2008, 07:05 PM

I can't find a website for them.

The Old Downtown Guy
11-30-2008, 09:23 PM

Is that is a little further down the list from Machaca? That is my usual choice at Cafe Antiqua. They serve a very nice salsa verde with most of the breakfast items that has plenty of heat to it. They will also do up any sort of plate you want. Excellent black beans, both refried and whole. Nice folks too . . . worth getting to know.

Platemaker
12-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Cafe 'do Brasil.... hands down

Bostonfan
12-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Joey's Cafe (fabulous french toast)
Classen Grill (fresh squeezed OJ)
Shartel Cafe (we love the breakfast quesadillas)
Nic's (the omlettes are good, but my friend and I are partial to his pancakes, particularly with blueberries added)

I saw that someone mentioned Cattlemen's a few posts earlier...they serve breakfast?

Yes, and it's very tasty.