View Full Version : Fried peaches

NativeOkie
11-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I am not certain if there is a tread about this, if there is sorry for duplicating it.
I was wondering if anyone remembers Harry Bears?
I am craving the fried peaches with the dipping sauce. I have tried to make it myself, anyone have a recipe for fried peaches and dipping sauce?

bluedogok
11-25-2008, 03:28 PM
There was still a Harry Bear's out in Yukon a year or so ago which still had the peaches. There was one in the New City Center on I-35 in Moore, the sign was still there Sunday when we passed it on our way back to Austin. Maybe some of the Yukon or Moore people could confirm they are still open?

stick47
11-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Harrys in Mustang serves those fried peaches too.

BradR
11-27-2008, 06:41 AM
I used to get those at Harry's and at the state fair.

Did the one in Moore close down? I think the one in Yukon is no longer the same.

dismayed
11-30-2008, 09:38 PM
I happened to be on I-35 today and noticed that the Harry Bears in Moore is still there and appeared to be open.

metro
12-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the one in Moore is still open. I think the one in Yukon has different ownership now. I sure do love those things as well. You can also get them at the Festival of the Arts every year as well (Harry Bears does it). I hope they stick around for years to come.

OKCFitness
12-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I get them every time I eat at Tokyo sushi of all places.

bluedogok
12-01-2008, 07:10 PM
We went to the Yukon one sometime last year, the name was kept as the Harry's American Grill for awhile, not sure of what it is now. They still had most of the same menu including the peaches and the shakes.

Generals64
12-13-2008, 08:20 PM
MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR OWNS THE STORE IN mOORE. aND, THEY ARE ALIVE AND WELL AND FULL OF THOSE Fried Peaches are there still..In the New City Center off I-35 and 5th st. in Moore...Ya'll come....

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-16-2008, 03:17 AM
I go by there all the time...I know for a fact they're open. Seem to be doing pretty well especially for lunch.

OKC4me
12-23-2008, 11:37 PM
There used to be one on NW expressway too, is it still there?

bluedogok
12-24-2008, 07:08 AM
I think the NW Expressway one closed a few years ago. We went to it one time when we were back in town and I think my dad said it had closed so we went to the one in Yukon.

Jesseda
12-24-2008, 09:01 AM
harry bears was the hang out for me and my highschool friends, our spanish teacher worked there at night so we always got some extra stuff, and the fried peaches was the best along with there onion rings. i only live about 2 miles from there but havent been in about 5 years, i might try to take the kids there.. my wife and in highschool when we got off work from the snocone stand off eastern on payday friday nights would head over to harry bears and kick back and relax (the new hip word for relax according to my jr high niece it is called chillax, lol im getting old) and play that song on the juke box - put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up.. even though we where not old enough to drink at that time, we just loved that song. GREAT memories

bravofriendly
12-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Mr. Bravo and I ate at Ann'e Chicken Fry on NW 39th for the first time this week and I ordered their fried peaches. They were pretty big and the cinnamon sauce was good. The chicken fry was worth the trip alone, the peaches were just an after thought.

jawgie
02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
These recipes may not be exactly the same, but close.

Fried Peaches and dip:
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
6 peaches

Directions:
Mix and sift flour, baking powder,sugar and salt. Add milk and well beaten egg.
Mix well. Cut peaches in half and then in quarters(removing stone).
Dip each piece of peach in the batter and fry in deep hot fat (365 degrees) until brown. Drain on paper towel - sprinkle with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar if desired.

Sweet cream cheese dip:
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup whipping cream
Beat the first 3 ingredients until light, gently fold in the whipped cream.