View Full Version : Market C (closed)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Debzkidz
01-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Groupon will gladly and quickly refund your money. I bought a Groupon to a BBQ joint that went out of business (I think it may have since reopened) and they refunded my money to my credit card the same day.

Thanks for the tip. I've already called them.

soonerguru
03-08-2011, 12:11 AM
What restaurants on Campus Corner have stood the test of time? I guess La Luna has been there awhile... have others been there more than a few years?

Oh, geez, hmmm. Othello's, Victoria's, New York Pizza, Hideway, Brothers, Pepe Delgado's. Town Tavern was there about 50 years until their owners decided to stop paying sales taxes. Heck, even the Earth has been on Campus Corner for more than a few years.

People in Norman don't spend $18 a plate on "urban" barbecue. They go to Van's and get the real deal.

bandnerd
03-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Oh, geez, hmmm. Othello's, Victoria's, New York Pizza, Hideway, Brothers, Pepe Delgado's. Town Tavern was there about 50 years until their owners decided to stop paying sales taxes. Heck, even the Earth has been on Campus Corner for more than a few years.

People in Norman don't spend $18 a plate on "urban" barbecue. They go to Van's and get the real deal.

I've never had an $18 plate of anything at Iron Starr...

BBatesokc
03-08-2011, 05:54 AM

One, I went to Van's lately and it was nothing special for the price. Two, I believe the only thing on the Iron Starr menu that is $18 or more is the tenderloin.

Their prices are actually very good for the quality of the food. The wife and I usually split the $14 large rib dinner and its plenty of food for two.

metro
03-08-2011, 08:01 AM
I love GEG, but one could see it coming, it was too big, formal and pricey for campus corner.