View Full Version : Where are all the former news anchors?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

drumsncode
11-01-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't want to start a new thread on this, but I wonder if KFOR sees the conflicting forces at work when they try to get people to watch KAUT at 9pm, while simultaneously plugging the heck out of the new show "Rock Center"? I'm still shaking my head at the fact that they beg us to switch over at 7am on weekdays, skipping the "Today Show". I would think the network would be pretty furious over that.

Poor Sara Celi on KAUT at 9pm, trying to fight off "Rock Center" and Jaime Cerreta on FOX25 on the same night. That's just not a fair fight.

MDot
11-01-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm still laughing over the name Sara Celi. Lol

MikeOKC
11-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I don't want to start a new thread on this, but I wonder if KFOR sees the conflicting forces at work when they try to get people to watch KAUT at 9pm, while simultaneously plugging the heck out of the new show "Rock Center"? I'm still shaking my head at the fact that they beg us to switch over at 7am on weekdays, skipping the "Today Show". I would think the network would be pretty furious over that.

Poor Sara Celi on KAUT at 9pm, trying to fight off "Rock Center" and Jaime Cerreta on FOX25 on the same night. That's just not a fair fight.

I'm with you. It's one of the odd fallouts of Reagan's deregulation measures of radio and television - which has killed off small town radio and homogenized big city radio. As for TV, being able to own "competing" stations in the same market and cross-promote, to the detriment of the network affiliate - was something that, before deregulation - would have been laughed at as to ever happening. Well.....

ljbab728
11-01-2011, 09:20 PM

drum, I have mentioned that very same thing on other threads. I'm sure they are entirely within their rights by crosspromoting but it does seem like a strange way to do business. It would be like if I was moonlighting with another company and asked my customers to call me on a different number for the other company or after I finished work, I told my day customers to be sure to call me at night. I understand that both stations are owned by the same company but it is just weird and I would think that it would make any local advertisers wonder about where they should place their ads if the station was asking the viewers to change to a different station at a time when their ad might be on.

FFLady
11-03-2011, 08:49 AM
I just can't get into the 9 o'clock news - KAUT.......maybe Cherokee will take her old spot back? lol

Tydude
11-03-2011, 05:14 PM
i like the old format at 9:00 on KAUT with weather in the first 10 minutes and sports

drumsncode
11-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Just heard that Danielle Vollmar is leaving FOX25 for Dallas. How quickly things change around here. Think back a year or so ago. We had Angie Mock at the anchor desk with Matt Austin, along with Lauren Richardson reporting. Now that crew is completely gone. Liz Dueweke is probably on her way to becoming a superstar. FOX25 in the evening has pretty much turned over their complete reporting staff.

And for those who have not kept up with Lauren Richardson, she nailed a cool job doing weather in California.

mikeareese
11-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Most of these anchors aren't from Oklahoma. Ogle, Cavanaugh, Blevins, and England are all okies. Does Lauren Richardson still put out Brag Book magazine. I know she use to fly back to Oklahoma for the magazine.

drumsncode
11-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Most of these anchors aren't from Oklahoma. Ogle, Cavanaugh, Blevins, and England are all okies. Does Lauren Richardson still put out Brag Book magazine. I know she use to fly back to Oklahoma for the magazine.

I'm not sure about Lauren and the magazine, but she's still very active on Facebook. You could probably contact her and ask.

SoonerQueen
11-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Emily Wood left KWTV and is now working at a station in Springfield Missouri.

FFLady
12-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Just heard that Danielle Vollmar is leaving FOX25 for Dallas. How quickly things change around here. Think back a year or so ago. We had Angie Mock at the anchor desk with Matt Austin, along with Lauren Richardson reporting. Now that crew is completely gone. Liz Dueweke is probably on her way to becoming a superstar. FOX25 in the evening has pretty much turned over their complete reporting staff.

And for those who have not kept up with Lauren Richardson, she nailed a cool job doing weather in California.

Fox is my preference for news because I watch them at 9 pm. Seems like just yesterday Danielle did her first gig on the weather with them...the shy yankee - lol. She certainly blossomed here, and I sort of figured when she switched to mornings, she was basically one-upping her resume. Got the exposure she needed and went to a bigger market! But I do have to wonder what sort of world it is there at KOKH (man's?).......yes, a couple of guys have left, but it seems to be more the women, namely Britten F. & Lisa M, who, BTW, is now on Channel 9.

drumsncode
12-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Fox is my preference for news because I watch them at 9 pm. Seems like just yesterday Danielle did her first gig on the weather with them...the shy yankee - lol. She certainly blossomed here, and I sort of figured when she switched to mornings, she was basically one-upping her resume. Got the exposure she needed and went to a bigger market! But I do have to wonder what sort of world it is there at KOKH (man's?).......yes, a couple of guys have left, but it seems to be more the women, namely Britten F. & Lisa M, who, BTW, is now on Channel 9.

Britten Follett got an offer she couldn't refuse, a killer job with the family business, traveling to fantastic places. I noticed Nick Winkler vanished again though. Haven't tried to track him down. And I'm thrilled to see Lisa on KWTV. Maybe she'll get to do some anchoring.

And sooner or later Robin Marsh is going to leave. That will open up some new opportunities for the ladies to move up.

SoonerQueen
12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
http://kstp.com/article/stories/s2057347.shtml

Nick Winkler is in Minnesota now working on Channel 5 there.

Dustin
12-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Jiao Jiao Shen was just on todays episode of Millionaire!

drumsncode
12-03-2011, 08:17 AM
And speaking of "former" news anchors, word has it on the "tweet" that Jennifer Pierce is filling in for Ed Murray this weekend. Give the girl some ratings, would ya? It's been a long time since we saw Jen at the desk.

drumsncode
12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
FOX25's Jaclyn Schultz is headed to Phoenix. Her last night is Sunday, Dec 11th. Another one bites the dust.

RadicalModerate
12-11-2011, 08:26 PM
http://kstp.com/article/stories/s2057347.shtml

Nick Winkler is in Minnesota now working on Channel 5 there.

I honestly can't think of a better place than Minnesota--hopefully there in The Cities, doncha know, instead of some off-market place like Bemidji or Duloot for cripes sakes--for someone named "Nick Winkler" to be anchoring the news.

The only way it could be better is if his name was Nick Winklersen . . .
But it could be worse . . .

FFLady
12-12-2011, 11:12 AM
FOX25's Jaclyn Schultz is headed to Phoenix. Her last night is Sunday, Dec 11th. Another one bites the dust.

Really? Here I was too tired to watch the whole hour last night - she must have mentioned it then???? bummer

drumsncode
12-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Really? Here I was too tired to watch the whole hour last night - she must have mentioned it then???? bummer

They did the usual. They teased it all hour, then did it at the last possible moment with 1 minute to go. It was just a standard goodbye. No one got hurt. ;-)

drumsncode
12-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Just read a post on Facebook where Amy Lester is leaving KWTV to go to Dallas. Another one bites the dust.

kevinpate
12-15-2011, 05:48 PM
They did the usual. They teased it all hour, then did it at the last possible moment with 1 minute to go. It was just a standard goodbye. No one got hurt. ;-)

Saw that at the end of the 6 pm broadcast. She wasn't there, but the co-anchors took a (brief) moment to mention she and her family were leaving and they would miss her.

Tydude
12-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Kimberly Suiters from KOCO anchor left the NBC Station in D.C. and became a Evening news reporter for the ABC Station in D.C.

FFLady
12-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Good for her!!! When her and Tyler left, that was big shoes to fill. They just seemed like the perfect pair! And I enjoyed watching them at the anchor desk!

Tydude
12-30-2011, 10:31 PM
they find a good news anchor with Paul Folger who replace Tyler Suiters

duckman
01-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Paul Folger is terrible. In fact, all of the male anchors KOCO has brought in lately are terrible. Mat Garcia and Dan Thomas in the mornings have zero personality, while Paul Folger can't seem to handle any type of late breaking news without stumbling over his words in every sentence. Wendell Edwards should replace Folger and Maggie Stokes would be wonderful in a pairing with Anita Blanton. Hell, I'd even enjoy an Anita Blanton/Jessica Schambach newscast!

drumsncode
01-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Paul Folger is terrible. In fact, all of the male anchors KOCO has brought in lately are terrible. Mat Garcia and Dan Thomas in the mornings have zero personality, while Paul Folger can't seem to handle any type of late breaking news without stumbling over his words in every sentence. Wendell Edwards should replace Folger and Maggie Stokes would be wonderful in a pairing with Anita Blanton. Hell, I'd even enjoy an Anita Blanton/Jessica Schambach newscast!

I really like Paul Folger. I think he and Jessica have this wonderful chemistry, if you take time to pick up on it. Don't go hatin' on Paul. He's a great guy.

Tydude
01-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Paul replace one of the best news anchor at channel 5 and if the station didn't like him he wouldn't of stay at the station

drumsncode
01-12-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but Lauren Richardson, formerly of FOX25 is now a meteorologist in California. Show her some love and give her a "like" on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/laurenbrookstv

Yes, Virginia, there really is life after OKC.

bluedogok
01-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Mitch Jelnicker (he left channel 9 a long time ago) is still up here with channel 7 in Denver. We were watching the Saturday news one morning and a guy who on during the summer in Austin was the anchor on that newscast here in Denver, guess they can move pretty quickly.

RealJimbo
01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Saw in the Sunday newspaper that Sara Libby is now at Chesapeake as an engineering technician.

drum4no1
01-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Getting out of TV is the smartest decision ever. especially KOCO

SoonerGirl26
01-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Just heard that former KFOR news anchor, Jerry Adams, died Friday.

Brett
10-30-2017, 10:37 AM
Former KFOR anchor Heather Unruh who left OKC to go to WCVB in Boston just announced that Kevin Spacey assaulted a relative of hers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5031097/Kevin-Spacey-accused-assaulting-journalist-s-relative.html

Brett
11-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Former KFOR anchor Heather Unruh who left OKC to go to WCVB in Boston just announced that Kevin Spacey assaulted a relative of hers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5031097/Kevin-Spacey-accused-assaulting-journalist-s-relative.html

Relative revealed as Unruh's son.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5062541/Ex-news-anchor-says-Spacey-sexually-assaulted-relative.html

Jersey Boss
11-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Heather Unruh news conference that was held earlier today. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/heather-unruh-kevin-spacey-sexually-assaulted-son_us_5a033353e4b06ff32c951146?ncid=inblnkushpmg0 0000009