View Full Version : Where are all the former news anchors?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Dustin
03-27-2011, 09:23 PM
How do you all feel about Stan Miller on News 9 in the Morning? Annoying? Funny?

bucktalk
03-27-2011, 09:34 PM
How do you all feel about Stan Miller on News 9 in the Morning? Annoying? Funny?
I'm really trying to appreciate him...but....I can only watch for about 4 minutes...can't take much more.

mcca7596
03-27-2011, 10:22 PM

From the little I've seen of him, I like him. Seems wity and sharp spoken.

Dustin
03-27-2011, 11:04 PM
From the little I've seen of him, I like him. Seems wity and sharp spoken.

I agree. At times he goes a little overboard with the jokes but for the most part he does a great job.

kevinpate
03-28-2011, 05:36 AM
Miller seems quite competent as a talking head and is less stiff than when he arrived.

I still believe the Marsh/Miller pairing isn't near as solid as compared to when it was Marsh/Murray working the morning slot.

RadioOKC
03-28-2011, 11:02 PM
I was thrilled to see Stan Miller in OKC! Stan was at KUSI and KFMB in San Diego. I am
suprised that he landed here. Don't be suprised to see him preaching somewhere. His
faith is strong and he actually checked out of TV to preach for a while but went back
to it.

Chris
http://www.radiookc.com

Dustin
03-29-2011, 03:45 PM
I was thrilled to see Stan Miller in OKC! Stan was at KUSI and KFMB in San Diego. I am
suprised that he landed here. Don't be suprised to see him preaching somewhere. His
faith is strong and he actually checked out of TV to preach for a while but went back
to it.

Chris
http://www.radiookc.com

I guess he got homesick because he is originally from here.

Brett
04-07-2011, 03:04 PM
I noticed while watching the wildfires burn in Spencer that Rusty Surette from KWTV is now the spokesperson for the American Red Cross.

venture
04-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Hopefully we can add Christina Eckert and perhaps Lauren Nelson as well. Wow, they are HORRIBLE. Christina is terrible on the air, not able to speak in coherent statements most of the time, and if she is put in a Live (Breaking News) situation she just stumbles continuously. Lauren is not as bad, and probably seems worse due to the whole "guilt by association" thing. It says a lot when KWTV has been going to Kelly and Amanda as soon as they can during wildfire coverage.

ljbab728
04-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Hopefully we can add Christina Eckert and perhaps Lauren Nelson as well. Wow, they are HORRIBLE. Christina is terrible on the air, not able to speak in coherent statements most of the time, and if she is put in a Live (Breaking News) situation she just stumbles continuously. Lauren is not as bad, and probably seems worse due to the whole "guilt by association" thing. It says a lot when KWTV has been going to Kelly and Amanda as soon as they can during wildfire coverage.

I know this is about former anchors rather than current "in the field" reporters but I have to mention that I think one of the best and most competent recent additions is KFOR's Adam Mertz. He will be moving up either here or in another city.

Dustin
04-08-2011, 01:51 AM

Lauren isn't bad. I just love her because she is so down to earth and real. It doesn't hurt that she was Miss America either! ;)

graybilljeff@yahoo.com
04-23-2011, 06:56 AM
What has happedn to Ed from channel nine. He was doing the weekends, but I havent seen him around the last few weeks?

SoonerQueen
04-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Ed Murray is on medical leave.

okyeah
05-10-2011, 10:43 PM
why is Nick Bender doing the noon broadcast at KWTV? I thought he moved to tulsa

ljbab728
05-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Here is one of my favorite former OKC news anchors. He's now an anchor with the Detroit NBC affiliate, WDIV-TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up2QpiArLoQ

venture
05-11-2011, 01:18 AM
why is Nick Bender doing the noon broadcast at KWTV? I thought he moved to tulsa

He has, but since both stations are owned by Griffin, he is probably being bounced back and forth some now. Wish he would stay in Tulsa completely. Snobby little kid from Penn State. lol

jagodwin7962
05-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Her name was Lisa Carol "Lee" Evans she died in 1997

Achilleslastand
05-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Her name was Lisa Carol "Lee" Evans she died in 1997

Yes she was quite personable and worked at a local am station beforehand if memory serves correct. I used to occasionally see memorial flowers for her at NW 36th and just west of bdwy ext. Very sad as she was a very bright star. Whatever happened to the person that ran into her?

FFLady
06-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Anyone know where Michael Hendricks anchor on Fox25 weekends went? He just "vanished"......

Big C
06-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Anyone know where Michael Hendricks anchor on Fox25 weekends went? He just "vanished"......

Michael went to Toledo, Ohio to become the main anchor @ the NBC station.

venture
06-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Michael went to Toledo, Ohio to become the main anchor @ the NBC station.

Wonder if Jeff George hooked him up (even though he came from the Fox affiliate there). :-P

Will probably be a short stay there for him. From what I've read, the NBC affiliate there is a vast...distant 3rd in ratings...with an extremely small audience for their newscasts.

duckman
06-17-2011, 06:34 PM
When did Matt Austin leave Ch. 25?

Big C
06-18-2011, 09:22 AM
When did Matt Austin leave Ch. 25?

Matt left at the end of May to be the morning anchor back home in Florida (Orlando). And lol @ Venture. Jeff claims that he had nothing to do with Michael getting job there (so he says, haha).

Bigrayok
06-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I have seen Tammy Payne on the weekend news on Channel 9 lately. Anyone else notice?

Bigray in Ok

SoonerQueen
06-21-2011, 12:09 AM
I love having Tammy Payne back on the air.She was always one of my favorites. Kirsten McIntyre is on early mornings now. They seem to have many changes on KWTV lately.

shawnw
08-08-2011, 01:16 AM
Just curious if anyone knows what became of the young gal that was on OETA....the Capital reporter....Klare Ly. Is she still working in OKC?

It's pretty easy to Google where she's been the last few years (out of the TV news business, but working in the metro), so I won't get into that, but she's leaving the state in a few weeks, so the answer to your question is about to be "no".

cameron_405
08-08-2011, 02:43 PM
...remember Alan Mitchell, Gary's sidekick from the late-eighties-early-nineties? We moved to Columbus, OH in '91 -- want to say it was 1992 (possibly '93) when I was flipping through channels and spotted Alan. I called the station (the network affiliate escapes me now) just to say 'howdy'. I did not ask why he had relocated to CMH (though secretly thought he'd had it out with Gary <?>), but he assured me he was happy to be in CMH. I asked him if he made the same mistake I did -- OSU in Ohio is not 'The Cowboys'.

After a quick Google search, appears as though he's currently at KTEN; Sherman, Denison, Ardmore.

duckman
08-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Looks like Brandon Beyer will be leaving KOCO. This little diddy was on his wedding site: "His OKC contract expires in October 2011 and he is eager to see where his career will take them next. Currently, he and his agent have the grueling task of interviewing and negotiating with the many TV stations across the country that are dying to have him on their team."
Sounds a little cocky to me.

Dustin
08-22-2011, 04:20 PM
he and his agent have the grueling task of interviewing and negotiating with the many TV stations across the country that are dying to have him on their team.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bHxxHZsb_sk/Td59Uoe96EI/AAAAAAAAAN8/SmWZEeEJmv0/s400/lol-face.jpg

duckman
08-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Brandon Beyer is headed to Miami. Tonight on Facebook, Damon Lane announced he is taking over weekday mornings. No word on where Sarah Libby is headed.
Also, Brandon and Anita Blanton came to KOCO at the same time so I'm curious if Blanton is out soon too.

thaliathemuse
08-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Looks like Brandon Beyer will be leaving KOCO. This little diddy was on his wedding site: "His OKC contract expires in October 2011 and he is eager to see where his career will take them next. Currently, he and his agent have the grueling task of interviewing and negotiating with the many TV stations across the country that are dying to have him on their team."
Sounds a little cocky to me.

Actually, if you knew Brandon at all, you would know that comment was sarcastic. Brandon is one of THE most genuine people out there. Considering how talented he is, he is incredibly modest. That's what made the comment so funny. Miami is lucky to have him.

skyrick
08-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Was Shawn Gables in OKC at one time? She's a weekend anchor on channel 8 WFAA (ABC) here in DFW. My sister was visiting from Norman and thought she looked familiar.

TaoMaas
08-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Was Shawn Gables in OKC at one time? She's a weekend anchor on channel 8 WFAA (ABC) here in DFW. My sister was visiting from Norman and thought she looked familiar.

I don't know if it's the same person (I suspect it is), but there was a Shon Gables who used to work at Ch. 9.

rickself
08-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Not a news anchor, but where has Jim Gardner, pilot and on-air reporter with the Bob Moore Chopper 4? Seems Chopper 4 was a no-show in the first round of fires in the NE part of the city Aug 30 and Kevin Josefy is doing the reporting. Maybe Gardner is serving his country as a Guard pilot? It's really difficult to watch Paul Folger for any extended period of time...say 30 seconds or more.
And now to answer my own question...
Guess all I had to do was Google it. Jim Gardner is moving to Channel 9, replacing Mason Dunn, who was fired in June.

progressiveboy
08-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Was Shawn Gables in OKC at one time? She's a weekend anchor on channel 8 WFAA (ABC) here in DFW. My sister was visiting from Norman and thought she looked familiar. Yes she was. She did local commercials and she was a news reporter but cannot remember forwhat Channel?

skyrick
09-03-2011, 09:02 AM
I don't know if it's the same person (I suspect it is), but there was a Shon Gables who used to work at Ch. 9.

Probably so, she may be "Shon"

Thunder
09-03-2011, 03:55 PM
I think its a mistake for Brandon Beyer to abandon us. :'-(

Tydude
09-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Brandon Beyer still works for KOCO 5

duckman
09-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Brandon Beyer still works for KOCO 5

His contract isn't up until October.

Tydude
09-05-2011, 01:51 PM
ok hopefully he doesn't leave KOCO 5

duckman
09-05-2011, 05:44 PM
ok hopefully he doesn't leave KOCO 5

He's already announced he and his wife will be moving to Miami, Fl

Tydude
09-05-2011, 05:49 PM
how did you guys find about that he is leaving

FFLady
09-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Hey guys - she wasn't an anchor, but where did Phyllis Williams, reporter for Fox go? Wasn't there a discrimination lawsuit a couple years ago involving her????

Tydude
10-18-2011, 07:05 AM
Brandon Byers left KOCO the first week of October and Dan Thomas has replace him

drumsncode
10-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Anyone know how Amy McRee and her baby turned out? KWTV gave her a big sendoff, but now they act like she never existed. Did she have a boy or a girl?

CaptDave
10-26-2011, 08:12 PM
I wish Tammy Payne was still on Channel 9 - much easier on the eyes. :-D

drumsncode
10-27-2011, 05:55 AM
I wish Tammy Payne was still on Channel 9 - much easier on the eyes. :-D

Unless she quit last week, Tammy anchors every weekend at 6am on KWTV.

kevinpate
10-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Anyone know how Amy McRee and her baby turned out? KWTV gave her a big sendoff, but now they act like she never existed. Did she have a boy or a girl?

Never heard. But dinna the family all go to California for her husband's career? If so, not really a huge surprise there isn't a lot of noise after the move.

Thunder
10-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Brandon Byers was such a cutie. Now he is all gone and lost. What a major mistake of his career to abandon us. :-(

venture
10-27-2011, 10:12 AM
What a major mistake of his career to abandon us. :-(

He went from OKC to Miami. Market #44 to Market #16. Umm, sorry that was a major improvement for him in my opinion. OKC is just a 2nd tier media market and will always be a stepping stone for people. They'll start out in the Lawtons, Amarillos of the market and then hopefully make their way into the middle markets like OKC. Not many get their chance to move to a top major tier market. He did. Who are we to say he made a mistake. If he likes the market, enjoys the job, and is getting paid more than he was here...so be it.

Thunder
10-27-2011, 10:27 AM
I miss him so much. :-(

Still some cute guys here...whew.

Wambo36
10-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Anyone know how Amy McRee and her baby turned out? KWTV gave her a big sendoff, but now they act like she never existed. Did she have a boy or a girl?Last Sunday there was a show on Discovery starring Mike Rowe called "Worlds Dirtiest Man". He started the show by telling how he got a call from a husband and wife team of Discovery Channel producers about the idea for this show. It was Amy and her husband. Part of the show was filmed at their house and she was holding the baby through some of it. I guess that means she's a producer for the DC?

Tydude
10-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I miss him so much. :-(

Still some cute guys here...whew.
he is married and that is gross and creapy

Thunder
10-27-2011, 04:55 PM
he is married and that is gross and creapy

Dude, duh, we all know that. Ain't no different when you drool at girls. Ewww, that is gross and creepy.....the females...yuck!

Dustin
10-27-2011, 07:24 PM
I hear Angela Buckelew is returning to KWTV... True?

Jim Kyle
10-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Well, Kelly Ogle made the announcement on the 6 p.m. news tonight, so it's as true as anything else heard on the air...

venture
10-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Well, Kelly Ogle made the announcement on the 6 p.m. news tonight, so it's as true as anything else heard on the air...

I read this comment first before scrolling up and also had my hopes raised that he was retiring. LOL

What position is she taking? Good to see her back.

Jim Kyle
10-29-2011, 10:08 AM
She'll be on the Medical beat, and only a few days each week at that. Lately I've been watching KFOR more than KWTV so I may not have all the details...

venture
10-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Ahhh that's too bad. Yeah, I've moved over to KFOR for most news now unless it is 10 minutes before Letterman comes on and I just turn it to 9 as I wait.

FFLady
11-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Was cool to see Lisa Monahan (former Fox) anchoring for Channel 9. I always liked her & Britten on Fox!!