View Full Version : Where are all the former news anchors?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

duckman
07-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Does management not see this as a problem? Don't they only have two anchors to begin with?
P.s. here is the list of openings on KOCO.com:
Current Job Openings At KOCO
High School Playbook Photographer/Editor
High School Playbook Coordinator
News Director/Technical Director
News Producer
News Producer
News Reporter
News Reporter
Assistant Creative Services Director
Photojournalist/Editor
News Anchor/Reporter
Senior Writer/Producer
News Assignment Editor
Sales Account Executive
News Executive Producer AM
News Anchor
News Anchor
News Producer
Photojournalist

atutt
07-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Uh....management is and always was the problem. If you were management, would you fire yourself? Think not...

Only hope now is for Corporate to step in and can the GM. Unfortunately it's too little to late to right the ship.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-16-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm TOTALLY applying for an anchor position.

But you people are getting PORK CHOP SANDWICHES and BODY MASSAGE interjected at random times during the telecast.

That'll right that ship ;)

drumsncode
07-17-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm at somewhat of a loss. This is the #1 ABC affiliate in the country, and the #1 rated newscast at 5 and 6pm (unless it changed recently) so why is everything so bad?

There should dancing in the streets at KOCO. They should be gunning for KWTV at 10 to try and knock them off. Are people just coming in, getting some great experience and credentials, then using it as a stepping stone to move on?

Andrew4OU
07-17-2008, 09:41 AM
My pleasure. Here's a recap of who left in a years time I found off of another message board:

Teri Watkins
Kate Godwin
Tyler Suiters
Kimberly Lohman
Aaron Tuttle
Constance Jones
Mike Rigg
Chris Callahan
Adam Slinger
Tierney Cook,
Sophia Reza
4 producers
1 morning EP
1 director
1 special projects
1 assignment editor
3 editors
2 photogs

Rumored to go next:
2 anchors
2 reporters
2 producers

Geez, they really let go a lot of good talent. I don't even bother watching KOCO anymore.

Bobby821
07-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Geez, they really let go a lot of good talent. I don't even bother watching KOCO anymore.

Everyone knows Channel 4 is the best news for ALL time slots, hell channel 5 doesnt even have a noon newscast anymore.

FFLady
07-17-2008, 12:21 PM
I love this board. Who needs a newspaper when you can get the good stuff early here!?

If they lose Jaime, and they already lost Sana Syed, that probably leaves Britten Follett for the anchor chair. I hope they use her, because she's a superb anchor, and how wonderfully ironic that she was just a reporter on KWTV a few years back with no chance at all of getting an anchor chair. Now look at her.

Of course, FOX has gone blonde with its last three anchors, but then again, maybe that's why Britten's hair is getting lighter lately.

Anyway, thanks ATutt, for throwing a wonderful hand-grenade into the room. It keeps this forum interesting. ;-)

What ever happened to Brooke Osborne? And the other blonde, either before her or after her, that wore way too much blush? Surely Speno is not that hard to get along with!! :)

drumsncode
07-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Brooke Osburn works for Integris Health. I think the other woman you refer to is Jessica Carter. I don't know what happened to her.

duckman
07-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Who is this Paul Folger and why does he deserve evenings over John Flick?

Big C
07-22-2008, 12:20 PM

That name sounds familiar. I think he used to work at a station in Dallas a few years back.

drumsncode
07-22-2008, 06:02 PM

He's their newly hired anchorman, and they said he'll be doing evenings, though they haven't yet gotten specific about it. Maybe we'll get lucky and a KOCO employee will enlighten us on the details.

If I heard him right, his last gig was in Florida.

John Flick is just filling in anyway. Think how trashed his sleep cycle is, working mornings with JiaoJiao, then Fridays with Jessica. The question is, are we now going to get less Maggie Carlo, like we used to? Say it ain't so!

FFLady
07-23-2008, 01:37 PM
From the Lost Ogle site.............

Here is some bad news for those of us who ♥ lunges. It looks like KOKH evening anchor Jaime Cerreta has a talent page on medialine.com. From her online resume:

In my decade of news experience, I have consistently exceeded station expectations. Ratings in key demographics have increased each month since I started in my current position as Main Anchor/Reporter at KOKH FOX 25 Oklahoma City. I co-anchored the two top-rated nights and the best book ever in the station’s 10 year history.

Ratings Success • Community Involvement • Seasoned Anchor • Self Motivated • Solid Reporter • Succeeds under pressure

According to our media “insiders,” when a news personality posts one of these resume things, it usually means that the anchor has the “blessing” of the station management to look for a new job. If that’s the case, whoever runs Channel 25 probably needs to be fired tomorrow morning and then forced to listen to Mark Shannon on KTOK for two weeks as punishment.

Seriously, instead of giving Jaime permission to post an online resume, KOKH should probably just get rid of Andrew Speno, combine his old salary with her’s, and then force her to sign a long term contract. They should also get rid of Myron Patton and that weird weatherman, and have Jamie do those segments, too. They should also buy her green shots on St. Patrick’s Day, because we think she likes green shots on St. Patrick’s Day. That would make us happy.

Anyway, please call Channel 25 at 405.843.2525 and voice your concerns. As a happy group, maybe we can save Jaime Cerreta.

Andrew4OU
07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
He's their newly hired anchorman, and they said he'll be doing evenings, though they haven't yet gotten specific about it. Maybe we'll get lucky and a KOCO employee will enlighten us on the details.

If I heard him right, his last gig was in Florida.

John Flick is just filling in anyway. Think how trashed his sleep cycle is, working mornings with JiaoJiao, then Fridays with Jessica. The question is, are we now going to get less Maggie Carlo, like we used to? Say it ain't so!

Add in the fact John also is an adjunct professor at OU in the afternoons.

positano
07-23-2008, 02:42 PM
How about Suzanne Steely? Anyone remember the "Fat Like Me" series?

atutt
07-23-2008, 03:13 PM
John Flick won't be around much longer...

duckman
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
When does Jessica Schambach leave?

lparsons
07-23-2008, 06:55 PM
What happen to Jerry Adams?

bornhere
07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
What happened to Hickox and Halburnt?

oneforone
07-24-2008, 02:01 AM

He got addicted to nose candy.

atutt
07-24-2008, 08:52 AM
When does Jessica Schambach leave?

She's not going anywhere....however she is around 30 and if she wants kiddos...well, you know the rest...:artist:

jsibelius
07-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Cherokee Ballard is still with News 4 and I see her quite often.

Cherokee's send-off was last night. She's going to be the Chief Information Officer for the State Medical Examiner's Office. I think. I've slept since then.

bornhere
07-29-2008, 03:42 PM
That sounds fascinating.

duckman
07-29-2008, 10:20 PM
does anyone have a clip of it. I could only find the first 10 minutes of the newscast the KFOR website

Thunder
07-30-2008, 01:28 AM
Cherokee's send-off was last night. She's going to be the Chief Information Officer for the State Medical Examiner's Office. I think. I've slept since then.

I watched the news last night and the night before. I didn't see anything said about it. I saw her on there yesterday, still with us.

jsibelius
07-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, unless I was really asleep and dreaming, I know what I saw. I remember the teasers leading into the news that someone was leaving and made a point to stay up and watch. I remember being much surprised that it was her. I do also remember them saying that she still had a couple of days left, but they were doing her official send-off a little early. However, I could not find it on KFOR's website. Maybe she's pulling a Brett Favre?

mickinwarracres
07-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Nope, I saw it too...Linda said she wasn't going to be available on the evening news and she would still be around for a few days but wanted to be able to tell her goodbye on the 10 o'clock news.

:ou

jsibelius
07-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Good! I wasn't hallucinating!

okcnative
07-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Lord knows the Medical Examiner's Office needed someone good! How lucky they are to have someone as above-board, thorough, knowledgeable and excellent as Cherokee. Brad Edwards would be proud. We will miss her on the news, but her new responsibility at the Medical Examiner's Office is equally, if not more important. At least we can trust Cherokee to tell us the truth. She fights for what is right. I wish her the best...and good luck to OKC news to try to find a replacement of her caliber.

Matt
07-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Nope, I saw it too...Linda said she wasn't going to be available on the evening news and she would still be around for a few days but wanted to be able to tell her goodbye on the 10 o'clock news.

:ou

For a brief moment, this post had me incredibly-excited, but then I re-read it and realized it was about Cherokee Ballard.

drumsncode
07-31-2008, 07:21 PM
For those of you wanting to know a little about Kimberly Lohman, she moved to the D.C. area with Tyler and now goes by her married name: Kimberly Suiters.

Kimberly Suiters - Talent Biographies News Story - WRC | Washington (http://www.nbc4.com/meetthenewsteam/16830801/detail.html)

I caught one of her stories presented on KFOR the other day.

rkjg24
08-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Everyone knows Channel 4 is the best news for ALL time slots, hell channel 5 doesnt even have a noon newscast anymore.

That's funny.

BTW, what the heck IS going on at KOCO? They change reporters way too much.

Lurker34
08-04-2008, 03:14 PM
"Anyway, please call Channel 25 at 405.843.2525 and voice your concerns. As a happy group, maybe we can save Jaime Cerreta."

I was told from a fairly reliable source that Jamie is looking to move somewhere closer to her family in Arizona. So unless Vegas, Phoenix or LA calls, she probally staying put. Of course anything can happen.

When I was working in the media, if they even found out you were sending out tapes and resumes, you were shown the door.

Bobby821
08-05-2008, 11:11 AM
That's funny.

BTW, what the heck IS going on at KOCO? They change reporters way too much.

Yes it is funny that Channel 5 dropped there noon newscast, guess they lost too many viewers to channel 4 at noon, channel 4 has an hour long noon newscast as well...

bpd514
08-11-2008, 04:14 AM
ATUTT What ever happened to Teri Watkins? She always came into my work and was a really nice lady!

okcnative
08-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Terri went to work for the office of the Oklahoma State Auditor and Inspector a while ago. She's still there, although the auditor isn't.

Prunepicker
08-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Didn't she use to teach vocal music at UCO, formerly CSU?

The name Frazier is coming to mind but I may be way off base.

jsibelius
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by lparsons
What happen to Jerry Adams?Didn't she use to teach vocal music at UCO, formerly CSU?

The name Frazier is coming to mind but I may be way off base.

Dunno. Not now, that's for sure. UCO hasn't been CSU in almost 20 years, BTW.

Prunepicker
08-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Dunno. Not now, that's for sure. UCO hasn't been CSU in almost 20 years, BTW.

I went to Central State College then Central State University and have students of mine that attended University of Central Oklahoma.

LandryTeam
08-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Where did Suzanne Steely go? She was with KFOR in the 90's. Is she still in broadcasting?

DQSooner
09-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Does anyone remember a reporter at Channel 9 in the late 90's named Julie Dyson? Seems like Kelly Ogle always called her "Jules" as he was going to a live report she did or as she was throwing a report back to the studio. She wasn't here long I don't think.

Also, what about Rick Pendergraft who covered sports for Channel 5? I heard he went to Tulsa (maybe Channel 8?) but am not sure.

This is a great board with lots of info on former OKC people. I've enjoyed reading about them all this AM.

AAC2005
09-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Where has Lauren Brown (KFOR) gone?

Prunepicker
09-13-2008, 12:09 AM
That's interesting to know... I don't realize Amy McCree was from UCO.
Boy, guess I'm not such a dedicated Broncho alum!!! Anyways, that's really
cool to learn.

Hey! I'm a Bronco alum! Amy is very pretty. Seems to me that back in 19__
there was a runner up for Miss Oklahoma in the class. But that was back
when... well... you know... don't you?

FFLady
09-29-2008, 12:03 PM
I heard Maggie Carlo is leaving Oct 15th. Moving to Chicago, apparently that's where her husband works.....wonder if this was who Aaron was refferring to when he said look for another anchor to be leaving.......

duckman
09-29-2008, 02:24 PM
God please don't let this mean more Paul Folger! I can't stand him. John Flick deserves Maggie's spot on the desk.

kimard
09-29-2008, 10:56 PM
KOCO has a story on their website. They're getting two new anchors.

One to co-anchor with John in the morning, and another to co-anchor with JiaoJiao on the weekend morning show.

And sadly, Paul Folger will now be on at 5, 6, and 10.

drumsncode
09-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Here's that link to the story about the new anchors, as well as Maggie's departure.

New Anchors To Join Eyewitness News 5 - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City (http://www.koco.com/news/17584368/detail.html)

What a concept, they are actually telling us that an anchor is leaving, rather than letting it out in the last 3 minutes of her final show. Of course, now she'll be flooded with emails from all her fans, but what the heck.

I noticed too, that they mention Stephanie Croswait as the News Director. I wonder if that means Sherrie Brown is no longer there. Aaron had mentioned tons of departures a while back, I wonder if Sherrie was one of them.

Anyone? Anyone?

TaoMaas
09-30-2008, 08:34 AM
What a concept, they are actually telling us that an anchor is leaving, rather than letting it out in the last 3 minutes of her final show. Of course, now she'll be flooded with emails from all her fans, but what the heck. Doesn't it seem odd to you that tv stations are so secretive when it comes to their own internal workings? They'll probe every little detail if it's a firing within state or local government, but when it comes to themselves, suddenly "it's none of your business". LOL

I noticed too, that they mention Stephanie Croswait as the News Director. I wonder if that means Sherrie Brown is no longer there. Aaron had mentioned tons of departures a while back, I wonder if Sherrie was one of them.
Anyone? Anyone?

I think Sherrie left some time ago, but not because she was forced out. I think she got moved higher up within the group broadcasting system. Basically, she did too good of a job. I'll see what I can find out.

jsibelius
09-30-2008, 09:44 AM
KOCO has a story on their website. They're getting two new anchors.

One to co-anchor with John in the morning, and another to co-anchor with JiaoJiao on the weekend morning show.

And sadly, Paul Folger will now be on at 5, 6, and 10.

I'm not crazy about Paul Folger either. I would rather watch John Flick. Do you think he prefers the morning gig and asked not to be moved up to the main anchor position?

Between Maggie and Jessica, I liked Maggie better, but I don't dislike Jessica. Having the two women made it feel somehow "unsettled." Which is just silly. They are both very good at what they do. I suppose I'll eventually get used to Mr. Folger, too.

I said that about a weather person they hired in another market one time. She used to drive me crazy because she the the weekend anchor used to be very giggly when they worked together. Last time I went for a visit, the "weather girl" was gone, replaced by a guy who had left and decided to return. The prodigal son, so to speak. It was a great relief to see him again, I have to say. No more weather giggles.

David Payne's weather laughs are a different story.

atutt
09-30-2008, 11:41 AM
interesting move to put a positive spin on another exodus at the station while introducing two new people.

Not that I know anything, but my gut tells me John Flick may be next in line to leave.

It's easier to name the people still there (shorter list) in one years time than to list those who have left.

Out with the old, in with the new...

kimard
09-30-2008, 03:38 PM
As long as Rick stays.

No doom and gloom Mike Morgan for me.

Saberman
09-30-2008, 04:29 PM
If I remember right Fred Norman on a news cast had said it was going to be sunny an clear over the next few days, and we had one of the biggest snow storms ever. Guess they got slammed with complaints.

KSBI recently sold a part interest in the station to Aubry McClendon and Tom Ward, and are building a new studio off NW Expressway & Kilpatrick on Morgan Rd, guess it will be done soon.

IMO they may get the over air broadcast of Thunder games.

tlltnkr47
10-13-2008, 08:57 PM
What's with News9 Carrie Rose's new hairstyle? It looks like she is getting ready for a date with Billy Ray Cyrus.

FFLady
10-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Does anyone remember Carrie Zamora (KOCO).....that started off as a great gig...then I think she became ill. If I remember correctly her and Tyler Suiters made for a great anchor desk!! Wonder if she overcame her illness, ATUTT?????????

okyeah
10-29-2008, 09:29 PM
I believe Carrie Zamora was diagnosed with lupus, and no cure for this disease exists at the moment.

Thunder
10-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Systemic lupus erythematosus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemic_lupus_erythematosus)

drumsncode
10-30-2008, 07:48 AM
I'd like to know what Maggie Carlo is going to be doing in Chicago. Quite often, they will tell you upon departure that they are taking a job at another station, but all they stressed on the final shows was that she was moving to be with her husband since his job is there.

Perhaps she is looking for an anchor job in that area. Maybe "King Tut" has the info on this. I kick myself for not just asking her outright.

atutt
10-30-2008, 09:58 AM
You guys are funny. It just so happens that I do know a little.

From a friend, Carrie is doing well in Texas. Don't know any more than that.

Maggie is enjoying her break away from TV. I don't think she had any pressing plans for Chicago other than finally getting to live with her husband. I'm sure she's working on something though.

Oh, and another reporter will be leaving soon. Two of their long time photographers left for Thunder. That place amazes me...it won't be much longer and there won't be anyone left that I know!

drumsncode
10-30-2008, 10:49 AM
You guys are funny. It just so happens that I do know a little.

From a friend, Carrie is doing well in Texas. Don't know any more than that.

Maggie is enjoying her break away from TV. I don't think she had any pressing plans for Chicago other than finally getting to live with her husband. I'm sure she's working on something though.

Oh, and another reporter will be leaving soon. Two of their long time photographers left for Thunder. That place amazes me...it won't be much longer and there won't be anyone left that I know!

Thank you so much! It's nice of you to help satisfy our curiousity.

EdwardEll
11-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Carrie Zamora,
is teaching school in the Midland/Odessa TX area where she was from...
and single OKC guys will be heartbroken that the beautiful Miss Z is now married!!!!

jsibelius
11-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Carrie Zamora,
is teaching school in the Midland/Odessa TX area where she was from...
and single OKC guys will be heartbroken that the beautiful Miss Z is now married!!!!

Hope it's Midland and not Odessa. There's a big difference between the two. I wouldn't wish Odessa on my worst enemy. Midland's not so bad. It's got all the oil money. Which probably explains our current president...