View Full Version : Where are all the former news anchors?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

rwood8
03-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Don't judge until you watch...From what i've seen...JiaoJiao is right up there w/ Jennifer and Tara (KFOR weekend anchor)....

Andrew4OU
03-30-2008, 02:05 PM
What a shame! Kimberley and Tyler leaving? Wow. I've always enjoyed those two. They brought a lot to KOCO.

rwood8
03-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Where did you hear Kimberly and Tyler are leaving (for good)?

Intrepid
03-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Don't judge until you watch...From what i've seen...JiaoJiao is right up there w/ Jennifer and Tara (KFOR weekend anchor)....

Tara? Really? I'd get more entertainment from watching the grass grow or paint drying. IMO, she has absolutely no personality and she flubs the teleprompter too many times.

rwood8
03-30-2008, 09:18 PM
...Just trying to be nice, that's all...

Anyone watch KOCO this weekend? What'd you think?

mmonroe
03-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Just to throw in some stuff... we were looking at Jetta over at Cable Volkswagen on NW 39th Expressway and we talked to their internet sales guy, he just so happen to be Jack Bowen, and he even gave us a test drive.

He drives crazy. He even went from 50 to 0 within ten feet of a stop sign, hands off the wheel to show how the Jetta's handled with electronic stearing. Totally impressive.

Intrepid
03-30-2008, 10:10 PM
He drives crazy.

Crazy as in wearing a fur coat and fake beard?

mmonroe
03-31-2008, 12:03 AM
not that kind of crazy, lol.

We all talked in his office for hours. He even shared a dirty joke about OU fans and OSU fans, lol.

drumsncode
03-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Where did you hear Kimberly and Tyler are leaving (for good)?

I don't think anyone has said that yet, it is just starting to look that way if the rumors are true about Tyler's contract renewal, added to the "clue" that Kimberly lost her anchoring job to JiaoJiao.

Even the fact what KOCO went all-female at 5pm might be a clue that something is up.

FFLady
03-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Hey A.T. - are you reading this??? I know you and Ty seemed to be good frens - do you have any inside trade for us? :-)

rwood8
03-31-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't think anyone has said that yet, it is just starting to look that way if the rumors are true about Tyler's contract renewal, added to the "clue" that Kimberly lost her anchoring job to JiaoJiao.

Even the fact what KOCO went all-female at 5pm might be a clue that something is up.

Hmm...Interesting.

duckman
03-31-2008, 12:53 PM
who said Kimberly Lohman was fired from the weekend. Maybe she just didn't want to wake up at 3 in the morning on weekends.
Does anyone know if it is included in contracts that an anchor will anchor specific broadcasts or are the contracts flexible?

tlltnkr47
04-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Whatever happened to Heather Spencer? She used to do the local report on KGOU (NPR).
She has one of the most soothing voices that I have ever heard on the radio.

Andrew4OU
04-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Whatever happened to Heather Spencer? She used to do the local report on KGOU (NPR).
She has one of the most soothing voices that I have ever heard on the radio.

She is now working at OU/Gaylord College as a career and internship coordinator for JMC students.

drumsncode
04-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Melissa Newton, former FOX25 Weekend Anchor:

Melissa Newton - Talent Biographies News Story - KXAS | Dallas (http://www.nbc5i.com/meetthenewsteam/14780565/detail.html)

atutt
04-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Hey A.T. - are you reading this??? I know you and Ty seemed to be good frens - do you have any inside trade for us? :-)

Yeah, I'm still around...

Yes, I know the details, but suffice it to say the rumors are true. Tyler and Kimberly are leaving and heading to greener pastures. I believe his last day is sometime this week.

Also, Chris Callahan is also leaving. That whole place will be completely turned over in a years time. Read my posts on my thread to gain an understanding why.

AT

FFLady
04-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the reply Aaron - I'm a little late but from the Boards of the Lost Ogle:

If you are reading this, that means you have survived today’s torrential downpour. Either that or you have invented some sort of device that allows you to read the internet under water. In which case we drool with envy.

We heard today the unfortunate news that Tyler Suiters and his sweet, sweet veiny arms are apparently out at KOCO and his last day will be next week. We’re fans of Tyler and his wife, Kimberly Lohman, and we wish them all the best. Between Suiters, Constance Jones and Aaron Tuttle, Channel 5 has lost a lot of Ogle favorites over the past few months. We’re afraid Husker Rick and Jessica Shambach should be watching their backs.

We know what you are wondering. No, at this moment The Lost Ogle is not ready to make our endorsement for Suiters’ replacement. We are, however, prepared to fight tooth and nail against the hiring of Bill Self’s Toupee, who is rumored to be receiving a six-figure deal to do the 10 o’clock news if Self is hired to coach at OSU. Though we are fans of diversity in the marketplace, and it is true inanimate objects are not well represented in the OKC media, we simply do not feel Bill Self’s Toupee is the right choice for KOCO at this time.

Best wishes, Tyler and Kimberly. If you ever need anything, just page us.

Andrew4OU
04-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Wow.

What is KOCO thinking? They've been getting rid of their best talent. First AT, Constance, and now Tyler and Kimberly?

Sure, Jessica and Maggie are nice to look at, but jeez!

rwood8
04-15-2008, 01:15 AM
It's all a part of the business.

...I wouldn't be surprised if there were more changes to come...

duckman
04-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Will they make an announcement or will he just be replaced?

drumsncode
04-15-2008, 07:38 AM
John Flick's co-anchoring appearance with Maggie on Sunday was "suspicious" to say the least. It will all play itself out in a week though, and no later than May for sure, when sweeps begin.

Local newscasts are the reason I don't need to watch soap-operas or reality shows. I get all the drama I need just watching the lives of these people ebb and flow. There has been so much turnover in the past two years. I saw Tamara Pratt this morning on FOX25 and she looked incredible. I think they let her go before her time had truly come.

I look forward to seeing what KOCO will do at 10pm on weeknights, with Tyler leaving, and I look forward to seeing what they'll do on Sundays if Maggie goes all-weekdays. It's more fun than fantasy football.

The big question is: Who can topple the 10pm NEWS 9 dynasty?

Intrepid
04-15-2008, 08:27 AM
I saw Tamara Pratt this morning on FOX25 and she looked incredible. I think they let her go before her time had truly come.

I thought Tamra Pratt left Ch. 9 so she could help her husband run for OKC DA?

And I agree....Tamra does look great. She's always been one of my favorites.

okieopus
04-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Just FYI,

Tyler and Kimberly chose not to renew. They are both heading out of state. Someone has a new job with Chesapeke...

Also, I have heard rumors that 5 may be getting a helicopter in time for May sweeps.

I will miss Tyler. But I think 5 will be okay without him. This is just how TV works.

duckman
04-15-2008, 11:53 AM
KOCO desperately needs a chopper. They were at a huge disadvantage when that plane crashed a few weeks ago. 4 and 9 were flying around and 5 had to rely on a tower cam.

Joe Kimball
04-15-2008, 07:34 PM
...Also, I have heard rumors that 5 may be getting a helicopter in time for May sweeps.

I'd heard that the Hearst-Argyle stations (of which KOCO is included) passed around a helicopter, or that KOCO rented one for sweeps. Is this in reference to their possible procuring of a permanent chopper?

okieopus
04-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Yes, the rumor i heard is the KOCO will be getting their own chopper

rwood8
04-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Tyler's goodbye -- as seen on tonight's 10pm newscast -- has apparently been posted to koco.com.

if you missed it, you can watch it there.

drumsncode
04-16-2008, 05:37 AM
For those that have low-bandwidth, like me, I can tell you that he's going to work in Washington D.C. for CleanSkies.tv

They gave him a very nice video tribute. Watching clips from his past nine years shows how much turnover the newscast industry has. It's amazing. I even caught a glimpse of Brooke Osburn at the anchor desk.

mrphokc
04-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Why is Tyler Suiters leaving KOCO? Where is he going? He is a great news anchor and I will miss watching him.

atutt
04-16-2008, 12:38 PM
The chopper rumor is true. Should arrive in a matter of days...very expensive to operate.

If you watched that clip, you saw me in it, lol! Those were the days. It was the T&A show and anything goes. Other than the crazy hours, that was a lot of fun.

duckman
04-16-2008, 03:11 PM
his bio is already deleted from the website, but kimberly's is still available

bpd514
04-17-2008, 06:18 AM
Katie O'Mara from Channel four and her husband ( forgot his name ) work for WNEM 5 in Saginaw Michigan. Was up there visiting family and saw her on t.v. and was nice to see a familiar face!

Does anyone know what happened to Susan Parks, Natalie Newman, or Terry Watts?

okctvnewsguy
04-17-2008, 08:07 PM
The chopper rumor is true. Should arrive in a matter of days...very expensive to operate.

If you watched that clip, you saw me in it, lol! Those were the days. It was the T&A show and anything goes. Other than the crazy hours, that was a lot of fun.

did you like that? I had to put that exchange in AT! It was some classic tv!

therebel
05-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Katie O'Mara from Channel four and her husband ( forgot his name ) work for WNEM 5 in Saginaw Michigan. Was up there visiting family and saw her on t.v. and was nice to see a familiar face!

Does anyone know what happened to Susan Parks, Natalie Newman, or Terry Watts?

wasn't his name Terry Camp?

duckman
05-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Tierney Cook announced today she was leaving KOCO. She is getting out of the business and will work to highlight children in OKC.
I will certainly miss her and John Flick together and the morning crew seemed genuinly sad to see her go, unlike Tyler's departure with forced smiles.

rwood8
05-21-2008, 02:33 PM
There's another Eye5 morning show change coming, and it starts soon...

duckman
05-21-2008, 08:12 PM
There's another Eye5 morning show change coming, and it starts soon...

would you like to elaborate? Where is John Flick running off too

Raspberry
05-21-2008, 08:28 PM
would you like to elaborate? Where is John Flick running off too

Nope, Rusty's being moved off the morning show, to make way for a female meteorologist.

rwood8
05-22-2008, 12:53 AM
And Raspberry wins the prize...

The new met's name is Sarah, and she is excellent.

duckman
05-22-2008, 07:23 AM
Her bio is available if you search KOCO on their site.
Any idea who will replace Tierney?

rwood8
05-22-2008, 08:43 AM
In the interim, it'll be JiaoJiao Shen...

Which means Mark Opgrande will solo on weekend mornings.

Not that anyone gets up at 5am to watch....

duckman
05-22-2008, 09:52 AM
thanks.
one more question. Are they going to stick with Maggie/Jessica at 5,6,10 or get someone new?

rwood8
05-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Not sure. I would guess there's an active search going on. The station is understaffed across the board -- a lot of positions to be filled.

I'm not sure the evening anchor position is a top priority when Jess/Maggie can still bring in the #1 ratings at 5,6...and inching closer to 2nd @ 10p....

drumsncode
05-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Not sure. I would guess there's an active search going on. The station is understaffed across the board -- a lot of positions to be filled.

I'm not sure the evening anchor position is a top priority when Jess/Maggie can still bring in the #1 ratings at 5,6...and inching closer to 2nd @ 10p....

If you can tell us, did they appear to steal share from KWTV or KFOR? I love ratings; it's the ultimate human-factors chess match.

rwood8
05-24-2008, 08:39 AM
You'd be surprised...

therebel
05-27-2008, 05:47 AM
And Raspberry wins the prize...

The new met's name is Sarah, and she is excellent.

Sarah Libby, she used to be on the Weather Channel.

Video Expert
06-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Saw former KFOR anchor Bob Frier in Orlando last month. He is the main weeknight anchor for WKMG, which is also known as 'local6'. He does a great job, IMO.

FFLady
06-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Mark Meyers used to be a Reporter for Fox25 - I see now that he is spokesman for the OK Sheriff Dept. I just love the way he talks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very articulate with his words!

duckman
06-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Mark Meyers used to be a Reporter for Fox25 - I see now that he is spokesman for the OK Sheriff Dept. I just love the way he talks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very articulate with his words!

He was at KOCO before KOKH

atutt
07-13-2008, 06:44 PM
In case you guys wanted to know, Sophia Reza is leaving KOCO. Heading to Dallas. I think the turnover rate is about up to 70% now for both on air and off air in one year's time.
...and they say "change is good"

duckman
07-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Adam Slinger left soon after Tierney too. Its sad to see Sophia leave, but I expect to see her land a network job.

Thunder
07-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Okay, going thru pages of post and typing this in a notepad as I go along, because I'm forgetful. lol

Cherokee Ballard is still with News 4 and I see her quite often.

Jessica Brown, I think she should've stayed with News 4.

Brad Edwards of News 4's In Your Corner is dead. After his death, a team of 4 reporters continued his legency, but I've noticed that Scott Hines has been mainly the one, so he is the next Brad Edwards.

There was one black lady, forgot her name, she anchored at nights, but died in a crash after work. - News 4

There was one new weather guy for News 4 (forgot his name) but I heard rumors that he was ran off due to people complaining of his homosexuality and fear of connection to weather.

There was two young reporters and I think they anchored the 5pm newscast (male and female). They both left at same time. - News 4

News 4's Dan Threlkeld weather guy moved to a station in Tulsa.

I got no clue what happened to Reshonda Tate. - News 4

I got no clue what happened to Theresa Green. - News 4

David Payne at News 4 is still around, freaking out over each tornadoes.

If I'm correct, Theresa Green did medical reports. I wish she would return.

Sarah Libby, yeah she joined News 5 recently. I once saw her on LIVE video online overnight while I was tracking the storms. Somehow the video switched to a camera that pointed to the computers desk and this one guy was paranoid, kept staring at the camera, because he wanted it off and back on toward a radar view. I saw Sarah in the background, relaxing, eating a snack. She even confirmed it on their weather blog when I posted about the guy's paranoia behavior.

Someone had said that Linda was soon to retire and that Mike would too, but I haven't seen that happening. - News 4

therebel
07-14-2008, 02:56 AM
The black lady was Lee Evans, I believe she was killed when her car was broad-sided by another.

Threlkeld is chief meteorologist at KJRH, Tulsa channel 2.

Okay, going thru pages of post and typing this in a notepad as I go along, because I'm forgetful. lol

Jessica Brown, I think she should've stayed with News 4.

Brad Edwards of News 4's In Your Corner is dead. After his death, a team of 4 reporters continued his legency, but I've noticed that Scott Hines has been mainly the one, so he is the next Brad Edwards.

There was one black lady, forgot her name, she anchored at nights, but died in a crash after work. - News 4

There was one new weather guy for News 4 (forgot his name) but I heard rumors that he was ran off due to people complaining of his homosexuality and fear of connection to weather.

There was two young reporters and I think they anchored the 5pm newscast (male and female). They both left at same time. - News 4

News 4's Dan Threlkeld weather guy moved to a station in Tulsa.

I got no clue what happened to Reshonda Tate. - News 4

I got no clue what happened to Theresa Green. - News 4

David Payne at News 4 is still around, freaking out over each tornadoes.

If I'm correct, Theresa Green did medical reports. I wish she would return.

Sarah Libby, yeah she joined News 5 recently. I once saw her on LIVE video online overnight while I was tracking the storms. Somehow the video switched to a camera that pointed to the computers desk and this one guy was paranoid, kept staring at the camera, because he wanted it off and back on toward a radar view. I saw Sarah in the background, relaxing, eating a snack. She even confirmed it on their weather blog when I posted about the guy's paranoia behavior.

Someone had said that Linda was soon to retire and that Mike would too, but I haven't seen that happening. - News 4

atutt
07-14-2008, 11:22 AM

Scratch that one. Cherokee left the biz....

KOCO: Callahan, Slinger, Cook, Suiter, Lohman, Reza gone in the last 4 months.

Rumored to go? Well, I won't say, but let's just say there won't be but a copuple left you were used to watching...sinking ship....

drumsncode
07-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Scratch that one. Cherokee left the biz....

KOCO: Callahan, Slinger, Cook, Suiter, Lohman, Reza gone in the last 4 months.

Rumored to go? Well, I won't say, but let's just say there won't be but a copuple left you were used to watching...sinking ship....

Wow, you do better teasers than the newscasts during sweeps.

You've got me intrigued; I'll be tuning into this board to catch all the latest, and of course, I'll be watching KOCO every day anyway.

They really do have a lot of new faces, with Jiao and Darrielle and Erin. Even more astounding to me is KFOR. I visited their website to see if Joleen Chaney was listed yet (she isn't) and I really don't know any of the people besides the old "war-horses" that probably should have retired a long time ago.

FOX25 lost Scott Padgett to Miami, and Sana Syed got a job in Dallas on FOX, so it looks like they're a couple cylinders short of a V-8 too.

All the while Gary England just goes on, and on, and on, and on..... much to the chagrin I'm sure, of all the people under him who would like to have a crack at the title "Chief Meteorologist".

venture
07-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Gary will be doing the weather casts hooked up to life support if KWTV has anything to say about it, I think. :)

FOX I don't think has its identity just yet. I would expect a couple more movements.

atutt
07-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Don't get too excited...Fox is losing JAIME CERRETA soon!

FFLady
07-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Don't get too excited...Fox is losing JAIME CERRETA soon!

Oh really???? See, I watch these guys at 9, since I like to be asleep by 10.....Is it rumored that she is moving to Miami, to be with Scott? I'm 95% sure those two were an item....could be wrong, though....just my perception..... :)

drumsncode
07-16-2008, 08:14 AM
I love this board. Who needs a newspaper when you can get the good stuff early here!?

If they lose Jaime, and they already lost Sana Syed, that probably leaves Britten Follett for the anchor chair. I hope they use her, because she's a superb anchor, and how wonderfully ironic that she was just a reporter on KWTV a few years back with no chance at all of getting an anchor chair. Now look at her.

Of course, FOX has gone blonde with its last three anchors, but then again, maybe that's why Britten's hair is getting lighter lately.

Anyway, thanks ATutt, for throwing a wonderful hand-grenade into the room. It keeps this forum interesting. ;-)

atutt
07-16-2008, 02:32 PM
My pleasure. Here's a recap of who left in a years time I found off of another message board:

Teri Watkins
Kate Godwin
Tyler Suiters
Kimberly Lohman
Aaron Tuttle
Constance Jones
Mike Rigg
Chris Callahan
Adam Slinger
Tierney Cook,
Sophia Reza
4 producers