View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions

kevinpate
11-06-2008, 05:43 AM
Deep Fork Grill or the Mantel .... gotta make a choice. Have yet to sample DFG and it's been a while since I visited the mantel (loved it, but it's been a while)

Your mission, should you choose to engage it, it to list 3 reasons why you'd pick the one you prefer.

amaesquire
11-06-2008, 07:22 AM
The Mantel:

1. Great food.
2. Great wine selection.
3. I tend to not like anything in the Deep Fork Group of restaurants. (just my opinion - they absolutely destroyed the Red Moon Cafe when I lived near it. Started out great, then Deep Fork took over and it hit the crapper and fast.)

metro
11-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Option #3, Red Prime, but if you have to choose between those, I'd say DFG but you can't go wrong with any of those.

amaesquire
11-06-2008, 07:33 AM
I'll second Metro with Red Prime, if you can choose something other than the two options you gave.

BoulderSooner
11-06-2008, 11:15 PM
The Mantel:

1. Great food.
2. Great wine selection.
3. I tend to not like anything in the Deep Fork Group of restaurants. (just my opinion - they absolutely destroyed the Red Moon Cafe when I lived near it. Started out great, then Deep Fork took over and it hit the crapper and fast.)

you know that the mantel is a deep fork group restaurant.

To the op. DFG is my favorite place but you can't go wrong with the mantel or with red prime

lpecan
11-07-2008, 04:45 PM
I think Red Prime has gone downhill. The Mantel would be my choice (get the seafood martini thing), but I love the DFG.

And the deep fork group has some great offerings. I mean, who doesn't like the wedge? And the DFG is great! Cafe Nova, not so much anymore.

metro
11-07-2008, 10:35 PM
How has Red Prime gone downhill?

kevinpate
11-08-2008, 06:23 AM
No disrespect meant, but I was requesting views on two specific locations. Perhaps the merits and downside, if any, for Red Prime, ought to have its own little slice of heaven.

gmwise
11-08-2008, 08:00 AM
i miss my steak and ale.
just whining
pardon the interruption.

elreylion
11-30-2008, 12:04 AM
The Mantel:

1. Great food.
2. Great wine selection.

Deep Fork started the REd Moon. They came up with the conept and owned it the entire time it was opened

kevinpate
12-07-2008, 05:50 AM
I think we've decided on returning to the Mantle. Fond memories, and the central BT location works well for us. Now the tough part, time to coordinate an available date.

jbkrems
12-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Well, the Mantel is owned by Deep Fork Group, as is the Deep Fork Grill (of course).

Personally, I would pick Red Prime over both of them. Great food, great service, and a great time in a progressive atmosphere.