View Full Version : Tiffany Apartments

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

jccouger
04-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Love it

zookeeper
04-15-2014, 04:46 PM
I really like it. Had we not seen the earlier renderings, we would be raving about this. From what's there now to the tower above? Love the colors and the luxury hotel-like look.

HangryHippo
04-15-2014, 05:09 PM
I really like it. Had we not seen the earlier renderings, we would be raving about this. From what's there now to the tower above? Love the colors and the luxury hotel-like look.

You're probably right. I much prefer the earlier renderings and perhaps that's why I don't care for the newest one. I thought the earlier ones were perfect.

Hopefully something happens with the property though and we some life brought back to it.

kevinpate
04-15-2014, 05:18 PM
To me the rendering in 172 made me think of a stuck Tetris game when it was on the screen.

I'm weird like that sometimes.

Plutonic Panda
04-15-2014, 05:26 PM
I really like it. Had we not seen the earlier renderings, we would be raving about this. From what's there now to the tower above? Love the colors and the luxury hotel-like look.Well, it is another downgrade, which sucks.

Plutonic Panda
04-15-2014, 05:27 PM
You're probably right. I much prefer the earlier renderings and perhaps that's why I don't care for the newest one. I thought the earlier ones were perfect.

Hopefully something happens with the property though and we some life brought back to it.I did to. I couldn't of thought of any way to make them better, guess that's why we're ending up with this though :/

dankrutka
04-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Well, it is another downgrade, which sucks.

Actually, it's an upgrade. You're just following OKC developments hyperclose because of this board and get to see the conceptual renderings that often do not come to fruition.

HangryHippo
04-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Actually, it's an upgrade. You're just following OKC developments hyperclose because of this board and get to see the conceptual renderings that often do not come to fruition.

An upgrade in what sense? We're still just looking at conceptual renderings, and to panda and I, this is a downgrade from the last one.

bluedogok
04-15-2014, 07:56 PM
The property hasn't changed hands.

From the renderings posted in January 2014, looks just renovation without addition.

http://www.cowenconstruction.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/SD-Exterior-Views-5.jpg
That is not a "rendering" it is a "consistent colors" image out of a program like Revit or Sketch Up. Basically a color blocking view with no material properties or shading.

Dustin
04-15-2014, 08:02 PM
I love the old renderings. I love the new renderings.

Anything is an upgrade!

dankrutka
04-15-2014, 09:33 PM
An upgrade in what sense? We're still just looking at conceptual renderings, and to panda and I, this is a downgrade from the last one.

It is an upgrade over the existing structure.

Plutonic Panda
04-15-2014, 09:47 PM
It is an upgrade over the existing structure.It's a downgrade from what was proposed in my opinion. I am no longer excited for this project now due to the new design. I do not like it, in fact, I hate it.

Teo9969
04-15-2014, 09:57 PM
It's a downgrade from what was proposed in my opinion. I am no longer excited for this project now due to the new design. I do not like it, in fact, I hate it.

So you would rather the building sit there as it is now?

If we were talking about some modification to FNC, I could understand, but this isn't not a significant structure. Getting up to date and in use is the most important thing.

dankrutka
04-15-2014, 11:07 PM
It's a downgrade from what was proposed in my opinion. I am no longer excited for this project now due to the new design. I do not like it, in fact, I hate it.

My point is that every initial rendering is not going to come to fruition. Temper your expectations. This is a very nice upgrade to the structure. But some on this board ride an emotional rollercoater with every rendering that comes out without thinking about the realities of the process... Then posters start implying that this process only happens in OKC. It just seems to happen on every thread. That's all.

Mississippi Blues
04-16-2014, 12:45 AM
My point is that every initial rendering is not going to come to fruition. Temper your expectations. This is a very nice upgrade to the structure. But some on this board ride an emotional rollercoater with every rendering that comes out without thinking about the realities of the process... Then posters start implying that this process only happens in OKC. It just seems to happen on every thread. That's all.

Agreed. Initially, I didn't like it as I rode the emotional roller coaster that you mention and really liked (loved) the previous "conceptual rendering", but tried to keep the realities of these things in perspective. After a second look at it, I truly do like it. Especially when you compare this newly found concept and the current condition of this building.

bombermwc
04-16-2014, 07:19 AM
I had reservations about land use in the original rendering. Several times, I've mentioned a lack of parking for the additional residents given the lack of a garage. Not to mention they could have maximized their land use by making just a second tower instead of two shorter ones. It's just cheaper to make shorter structures.

Anyway, I'd agree with most of the people here, it's still better than the crappy building that's there now. They still have to make the actual apartments not be crap for someone to want to live there though. Can't charge "boutique" prices just because you put that on the sign outside. As long as the aesthetics keep it from staying looking like a soviet block apartment complex, i'll pretty much be up for anything.

Now if only Lakeview could get some help too.....

warreng88
04-16-2014, 07:22 AM
To me the rendering in 172 made me think of a stuck Tetris game when it was on the screen.

I'm weird like that sometimes.

I was thinking Q-Bert.

HangryHippo
04-16-2014, 08:11 AM
Agreed. Initially, I didn't like it as I rode the emotional roller coaster that you mention and really liked (loved) the previous "conceptual rendering", but tried to keep the realities of these things in perspective. After a second look at it, I truly do like it. Especially when you compare this newly found concept and the current condition of this building.

This is the "better than crappy makes us happy" mentality, is it not? Well, it's better than what's there now so we should embrace it. But, as we're just comparing "renderings" at this point, the prior ones were much, much better.

amaesquire
04-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Would we consider these renderings so horrible if the first ones hadn't been released?

EDIT: That was a collective we. I actually like the new renderings.

Plutonic Panda
04-16-2014, 08:26 AM
This is the "better than crappy makes us happy" mentality, is it not? Well, it's better than what's there now so we should embrace it. But, as we're just comparing "renderings" at this point, the prior ones were much, much better.+1

Plutonic Panda
04-16-2014, 08:31 AM
Would we consider these renderings so horrible if the first ones hadn't been released?

EDIT: That was a collective we. I actually like the new renderings.Dude, I don't know, ok. I'm not here to please people with my opinions. I posted that because I honestly don't like the new renderings in way shape or form. I'd rather see that building sit there for 3 more years so the people behind the original renderings could get their funding together instead of them starting tomorrow on the new look. It sucks, it's horrible, and I hate it; that's way I feel.

Not to mention they were going to add some new structures which would've better increased density this increasing tax revenue(something people seem to complain the suburban areas lack) and they would've had a new rooftop bar. I mean this was fantastic!
http://www.okctalk.com/attachments/development-buildings/6659d1392394959-tiffany-apartments-tiffany-towers.jpg

----------

How anyone likes this:
http://www.cowenconstruction.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/SD-Exterior-Views-5.jpg

over this:
http://www.okctalk.com/attachments/development-buildings/6660d1392394960-tiffany-apartments-tiffany-towers3.jpg

I don't know. Honestly, to me, it's just another downgrade.

ABryant
04-16-2014, 08:32 AM
I agree the new rendering is really just a simple picture with no details. I never liked the original because it seemed like a bunch of current popular design elements blended together without a distinctive presence. Even if all they do is just improve the interior it will probably improve the place. So I am for any investment in this property.

Mississippi Blues
04-16-2014, 11:26 AM
This is the "better than crappy makes us happy" mentality, is it not? Well, it's better than what's there now so we should embrace it. But, as we're just comparing "renderings" at this point, the prior ones were much, much better.

Whatever helps validate your feelings. I'm just not going to throw too many emotions into something that can hardly be called a mock-up.

HangryHippo
04-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Whatever helps validate your feelings. I'm just not going to throw too many emotions into something that can hardly be called a mock-up.

I don't need to validate my opinion as it's just that. But it seemed worth pointing out that you were saying it's better than what's currently there, and that mentality is what keeps the bar low in OKC.

Mississippi Blues
04-16-2014, 01:16 PM
I don't need to validate my opinion as it's just that. But it seemed worth pointing out that you were saying it's better than what's currently there, and that mentality is what keeps the bar low in OKC.

I'm glad you don't have to retort to the "better than crappy makes us happy" rally cry to have a secure opinion, but it has become a cliche that I wouldn't mind if we gave a break for a few months. Not everything can be world class and I'm okay with that, even if 95% of us agree that the old render vs the new "coloring" hands down goes to the former. If someone brings back the old renderings, then this entire conversation is pointless.

Plutonic Panda
04-16-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm glad you don't have to retort to the "better than crappy makes us happy" rally cry to have a secure opinion, but it has become a cliche that I wouldn't mind if we gave a break for a few months. Not everything can be world class and I'm okay with that, even if 95% of us agree that the old render vs the new "coloring" hands down goes to the former. If someone brings back the old renderings, then this entire conversation is pointless.wait a minute... so you only want that term used where you see fit? It is the truth here.. better than crappy makes us happy... that is exactly what is going based from the old renderings. I never was really fan of that slogan to begin with.

Mississippi Blues
04-16-2014, 01:30 PM
wait a minute... so you only want that term used where you see fit? It is the truth here.. better than crappy makes us happy... that is exactly what is going based from the old renderings. I never was really fan of that slogan to begin with.

No, it's just an overstated term that finds its way into a large number of developments. More than anything, it was implied to what I was saying, which is indeed correct. What I said is definitely of the "better than crappy makes us happy" mindset.

For whatever reason, they can't go through with the older renderings at this point. I don't know why and as I stated already, I'm not going to put much emotion into it. I want to see the complex upgraded whether it's this new little coloring or the detailed rendering.

I haven't been a big advocate of the term either, which is why it gets on my nerves; not because I don't think it applies in this situation.

HangryHippo
04-16-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm glad you don't have to retort to the "better than crappy makes us happy" rally cry to have a secure opinion, but it has become a cliche that I wouldn't mind if we gave a break for a few months. Not everything can be world class and I'm okay with that, even if 95% of us agree that the old render vs the new "coloring" hands down goes to the former. If someone brings back the old renderings, then this entire conversation is pointless.

haha, are you always this pleasant?

Plutonic Panda
04-16-2014, 01:36 PM
No, it's just an overstated term that finds its way into a large number of developments. More than anything, it was implied to what I was saying, which is indeed correct. What I said is definitely of the "better than crappy makes us happy" mindset.

For whatever reason, they can't go through with the older renderings at this point. I don't know why and as I stated already, I'm not going to put much emotion into it. I want to see the complex upgraded whether it's this new little coloring or the detailed rendering.

I haven't been a big advocate of the term either, which is why it gets on my nerves; not because I don't think it applies in this situation.Gotcha. Well, I suppose we just disagree on the new design.

trousers
04-16-2014, 01:44 PM
I didnt think that the original renderings would even fit in the location...did they plan on building in the school playground next to it?

Mississippi Blues
04-16-2014, 01:45 PM
haha, are you always this pleasant?

Usually.

Mississippi Blues
04-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Gotcha. Well, I suppose we just disagree on the new design.

That's fine. Not everyone is going to agree on everything. This is one of those unusual instances where we disagree.

catch22
04-16-2014, 02:12 PM
I like both the old renderings and the new renderings.

I'm happy with either design.

trousers
04-21-2014, 06:50 AM
I took a stroll around the area the other day and it seems to me that the original rendering was done without any consideration of the actual lot size. It seems a tad large for what they've got to work with.

Plutonic Panda
09-23-2014, 01:58 AM
Any updates on this? I haven't been by lately, just wondering how/if this is progressing.

lasomeday
09-23-2014, 06:05 AM
They put up new construction signs a few weeks ago because the old ones blew down, but they haven't touched the building.

One Dot Less Than Nine
09-24-2014, 09:00 AM
Is is just me or did they borrow the roof line from Aloft?

lasomeday
09-24-2014, 09:29 AM

Either way it doesn't matter. That is the old design.

Teo9969
09-24-2014, 09:34 AM

Those renderings are old. See Post #172 to see an updated "rendering"

trousers
10-31-2014, 11:14 AM
Has anyone heard anything new about this?

Plutonic Panda
10-31-2014, 01:32 PM
I was really excited for this project, but the new renderings aren't as impressive as the old ones and they aren't expanding it anymore.

shawnw
03-25-2015, 01:26 PM
I've been working in the tower next to this building this week and I can see it out my window. That place is abandoned, partially boarded up, and not going anywhere any time soon it would seem... shame... not that I'd want to live there with a balcony facing this building's parking lot...

Plutonic Panda
03-25-2015, 01:27 PM
That sucks. I was so excited for the original design and then it got scaled down. Guess I shouldn't have bitched because it seems nothing is happening at all.

Pete
03-25-2015, 02:28 PM
Something good will eventually happen here.

There is too much invested and the property too valuable just to sit vacant for much longer.

lasomeday
04-29-2015, 07:35 AM
There are homeless people living in here now. We see different windows and doors open all day long. The back door is propped open for any squatter to enter.

Pete
04-29-2015, 07:37 AM
There are homeless people living in here now. We see different windows and doors open all day long. The back door is propped open for any squatter to enter.

You should report this to the City.

In fact, this building is a good candidate for the new abandoned building roster.

lasomeday
04-29-2015, 07:39 AM
Um why would I do that? Its the highlight of my day watching the homeless people in action over there. They go for swims in the pool and have cookouts on the 7th floor.

Pete
04-29-2015, 07:48 AM
Um why would I do that? Its the highlight of my day watching the homeless people in action over there. They go for swims in the pool and have cookouts on the 7th floor.

Because it would cause the City to fine the owners and might spur them to actually do something with the property.

lasomeday
07-13-2015, 09:00 AM
There is a homeless couple that is sleeping by the pool now. Last week we saw 5 people coming and going with various shady events. 2 guys had just did some drugs and came out by the pool... One was tweeking bad.... Then a lady came down with bags and a trashcan full of goodies. Then a couple with a bag of drugs was going in the next day.

This place is a draw for the homeless and drug users.

lasomeday
07-13-2015, 09:01 AM
OH yeah there is now graffitti on the pool and on the wall going in from the pool

AP
07-13-2015, 09:04 AM
I reported it on the OKC Gov app as an unsecure building. If any one wants to, you can go 'vote' for the ticket to get some more attention to it.

mugofbeer
07-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Unbelievable that an owner would let such a valuable piece of property go to h**l this way. These are not bad times and if the project were done the way it was envisioned at the top of the thread, people would flood to live there. Great location, great access, great view.

trousers
07-13-2015, 12:20 PM
Not sure how much the reports are helping.

bchris02
07-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Unbelievable that an owner would let such a valuable piece of property go to h**l this way. These are not bad times and if the project were done the way it was envisioned at the top of the thread, people would flood to live there. Great location, great access, great view.

Completely agree with this. It's absolutely unbelievable.

gopokes88
07-13-2015, 12:49 PM
I wish the city would condemn it, seize it, and sell it off to a developer.

zookeeper
07-13-2015, 01:49 PM
It's in Ed Shadid's ward. If he was tipped off, something would be done. He's good with that kind of thing.

gopokes88
07-13-2015, 02:28 PM
It's in Ed Shadid's ward. If he was tipped off, something would be done. He's good with that kind of thing.

If he needs to be tipped off about a building that is featured prominently on one of the busiest streets in the city, that's pretty sad.

zookeeper
07-13-2015, 02:39 PM
If he needs to be tipped off about a building that is featured prominently on one of the busiest streets in the city, that's pretty sad.

I believe what they are talking about is activity around the swimming pool. I doubt if he stops by to see how the Tiffany pool is doing.

gopokes88
07-13-2015, 02:41 PM
Anyone know how to see who owns an llc?

If you look at the assessor it shows it's owned by GF 5 properties LLC. The mailing address leads to Ferguson property group in Memphis. Their facebook page says they have offices in both Tulsa and Memphis. However, they could simply be the property management company and may or may not own any part of GF 5.

sooner88
07-13-2015, 02:45 PM
It shows that it is an inactive LLC registered by Edward Lee from Edmond.

https://www.sos.ok.gov/corp/corpInquiryFind.aspx

Anyone know how to see who owns an llc?

If you look at the assessor it shows it's owned by GF 5 properties LLC. The mailing address leads to Ferguson property group in Memphis. Their facebook page says they have offices in both Tulsa and Memphis. However, they could simply be the property management company and may or may not own any part of GF 5.