View Full Version : Fried Chicken Livers

SoonerBV
10-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Where can you find fried chicken livers in OKC? It seems that I only find them if I am at a no-name convenience store outside of town. If there are any IN town that would be great.

Markbb
10-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Jims Chicken on 23rd in Nicoma Park....

tuck
10-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Cattlemans
Beverlys
Boulevard Cafeteria -the best

TaoMaas
10-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Chicken Express has them and you can also get them at the Wal Mart deli section.

mrbubba81
10-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Grandy's......if you dare.

kevinpate
10-29-2008, 05:52 AM
Does KFC still do liver and gizzard bits?

sooners83
10-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Grandy's (had to find but there is one by the Capitol) has all you can eat Chicken Livers and Gizzards. I don't think it is on the menu, but every time I go with my boss that is what he gets (the Chicken Livers and Gizzards meal) and they keep filling it up (not the sides though).

Bobby821
10-30-2008, 03:17 PM
The Kentucky Fried CHicken at SW 59th and Shields has a sign stuck in the ground saying the Cols famous livers available here.

ksearls
10-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Nomad on May Ave, yummmm. They also offer a chicken fried NY strip that is supposed be yummy. Their gravy is the bomb.

PennyQuilts
10-30-2008, 05:01 PM
We had some from Chicken Express (already mentioned) last summer and they were good. It was the one in Mustang.

kevinpate
10-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bobby. I haven't purchased anything but original recepie and the new grilled chicken in a long time, so i wasn't certain

Drake
10-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Don's Alley in Del City on SE 29th

Jesseda
10-31-2008, 06:36 AM
i eat livers and gizzards once a week at grandys , the one in moore is really good

GWB
10-31-2008, 07:37 AM
After reading this thread it got me craving fried chicken livers, so I made my own a couple of nights ago.

Here's my recipe, simple but delicious!

Mix together:

*Flour
*Lawry's Seasoning
*Salt
*Pepper

Soak chicken livers in buttermilk for half hour or longer. Heat oil to 375 degrees in electric skillet or use iron skillet. Fry on both sides until golden brown. It doesn't get any better than this!

Oh, one more thing. We were babysitting our little one year old granddaughter while her mommy and daddy went to the Thunder game on Wednesday (the night I made the chicken livers). When I sat down to enjoy my plate of livers, my granddaughter decided she wanted me to share with her what I was eating (she always demands I share with her what I eat). :) I tried to avoid giving her any because I was sure she would spit it out. Well, to my BIG surprise, she took a small bite and came back for more! She's got good taste, unlike her mommy and daddy! :hungry:

SoonerBV
11-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Wow. Thanks guys. I used to get them at kfc and grandys, but now I seem to only see them when I am on the road.

Jesseda
11-03-2008, 12:26 PM
oh GWB I had my liver and gizzards from grandys last week, now I think i might try your recipe it looks easy enough.. the best food is in mississippi, its a mix betweeen down home country cooking and cajun.. any place like that around here in south okc-moore-norman, and im not talkin about cracker barrel.

GWB
11-04-2008, 01:26 PM
oh GWB I had my liver and gizzards from grandys last week, now I think i might try your recipe it looks easy enough.. the best food is in mississippi, its a mix betweeen down home country cooking and cajun.. any place like that around here in south okc-moore-norman, and im not talkin about cracker barrel.

I've never had liver and gizzards from Grandy's. There's one just five blocks from there and I've only been in that place once about a year. Is the fried chicken livers and gizzards any good there?

I don't know of any place in the Moore/Norman area that has what you want.

By the way, you can take my recipe and add some cajun spice to it and it will be even better!

SoonerBV
11-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Thats a good point GWB - spicy livers are greatness. You at least gotta put hot sauce on them.

If you want to go all out, you can chase them down with a Big Red.