View Full Version : Oklahoma State No. 8!

Chynna802
10-12-2008, 08:40 PM
How bout them Cowboys?!?!

Upset of Missouri sends Oklahoma State into top 10

Associated Press - October 12, 2008 10:15 PM ET

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - It's been nearly a quarter-century since Oklahoma State has reached the heights the Pokes are experiencing today.

An upset of Missouri vaulted OSU (6-0, 2-0 Big 12) to the No. 8 ranking, its highest point since holding the seventh spot in November 1985 -- before Heisman Trophy winner Barry Sanders stepped on campus.

His former teammate Mike Gundy -- the Cowboys head coach -- says he's excited for his players. They've worked hard and have had to earn everything they've gotten.

The offense's talent, including quarterback Zac Robinson and tailback Kendall Hunter, the nation's third-leading rusher, has been mentioned before.

But the defense proved to key to the Cowboys' victory. They harassed Heisman finalist Chase Daniel with defensive line stunts and picked off 3 of his passes last night.

Nearly a quarter of a century later, Oklahoma State is in the national championship picture again -- even if Gundy is reluctant to bring some like that up

southernskye
10-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Oklahoma State No. 8!

Not anymore.

adaniel
10-25-2008, 10:25 PM
FWIW I think OSU played marvelously.

You play at the home stadium of the #1 team in the nation, at least a 2 touchdown underdog, and come extremely close to pulling the upset, but still only get beat by 4.

I hate to say this, but I will confess the best team in Oklahoma, as of now, is the Pokes.

CCOKC
10-25-2008, 11:15 PM
As a Poke myself I must say I am disappointed that we lost but at the same time I am very proud with how the team played.

TaoMaas
10-26-2008, 06:22 AM
I don't think that loss yesterday is going to hurt them much. They played very well and even had a shot at winning at the end.

kevinpate
10-26-2008, 07:23 AM
I've never been a Pokes fan, but have a relative who is. I feel for her today.

I saw the final 4 minutes or so of the game. More than once I thought they might pull it out for the upset.

Chynna802
10-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Oklahoma State No. 8!

Not anymore.

They lost to the #1 team in the country, but played a great game. They are still in the top 10 and that says alot about the team. This has been a great season for them and it isn't over yet. Go Pokes! :)

Insider
10-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Don't worry. They will be led to their second loss in November when they play OU!

BOOMER SOONER!

(actually, I think that OSU will give OU a run for their money and will *GULP* probably win. They are doing great. The fans should be proud!)

metro
10-27-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm a Sooner fan, but they did play a good game. Nice to see Oklahoma have 3 teams in the top 25. OU, OSU and Tulsa.

westsidesooner
10-27-2008, 12:17 PM
I thought Id post here before but I was afraid with my screenname I might burst into flames. jk The cowboys played a great game. Im proud of them for playing with such poise, but a little scared of the bedlam game now. It is great to have three top 25 teams in the state. :congrats:

jsibelius
11-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Don't worry. They will be led to their second loss in November when they play OU!

BOOMER SOONER!

(actually, I think that OSU will give OU a run for their money and will *GULP* probably win. They are doing great. The fans should be proud!)

Second? I'm pretty sure it will be their third, after tonight's game against Texas Tech.