View Full Version : Aida Auditions- Tim Rice/Elton John Version

HopeTheatreCo
10-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Hope Theatre Co. will be presenting Anne of Green Gables October 24+25,2008 however we are also announcing our open call auditions for Aida on November 3,2008. Auditions are 3PM-7PM either by apt. or drop in and wait. Auditions will last 7-10 minutes and also include a separate movement audition. Please do not be afraid if you have never danced before. We have an amazing choreographer and he will make you look great!!
Since this is a PG show, auditions are open only to 15-25 year olds. Feel Free to check out http://www.HopeTheatreCo.com for specific cast details and audition information.

Feel free to contact the Director (me) for any questions or information you may need! Thanks OKC, you all have been so supportive. I look forward to meeting many of you at our upcoming Anne of Green Gables performance. If you do not have your tickets yet, reserve them soon! They are going fast!

Angela Barrett
Founder/Director Hope Theatre Co.

kevinpate
10-12-2008, 05:58 AM
> will be presenting Anne of Green Gables October 24+25,2008

location? Looked at the web site and found the times, but not the venue.

jbrown84
10-13-2008, 12:52 PM
It's at the Kerr Auditorium in the Sandridge Complex.

Congrats Angela on the success so far. That's great for a brand new venture to already have such an impact.

Luke
10-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Yeah, my wife will be fixing the page soon. (unless she has done it already) The location information is actually already there. It's just on the "Contact" page.

She's really excited and pleased with all the support from all over the community she is getting for both Anne of Green Gables and Aida.

Finally, I happen to find it pretty nifty that Hope Theatre at Kerr Auditorium is on Broadway literally, here in OKC. :) The only theatre on Broadway in OKC, I believe. ;)

Correction: We are excited that a gentleman who learned under the original choreographer for Aida on Broadway in NYC has volunteered to choreograph Hope Theater's Aida. Pretty cool, huh?

jbrown84
10-13-2008, 02:14 PM
That is cool. Nice of him to volunteer, too.

Luke
10-15-2008, 12:15 PM
This is random but does anyone know where I can find the best deal on a sign/banner for the Theatre? I am looking to get a couple generic ones to point people in the right direction when they come for the shows or auditions. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Luke
10-28-2008, 03:14 PM
UPDATE- AUDITION TIME CHANGE for AIDA-
Hope Theatre Co. announces their upcoming Auditions for the Tim Rice,
Elton John Musical- Aida! Auditions will be November 3+4,2008 in
downtown OKC at the Sandridge Energy Complex. Vocal/Speaking
Auditions will be Monday November 3,2008 from 4-7PM. Appointments
encouraged but drop ins welcome! Dance/Movement auditions will be
Tuesday November 4,2008 from 6-8PM. This is not a drop in audition,
appointments are necessary. Those auditioning for both vocal and
dance need to be prepared to come to both auditions. If neither
date works for your schedule PLEASE feel free to contact the Director
Angela Barrett 405-343-7403 to schedule another date/time the first
two weeks of November. For more information on audition requirements
please go to our webiste http://www.HopeTheatreCo.com or feel free to
call. Please help us get the word out about the upcoming
Auditions! We have an outstanding choreographer on board and need
YOUR help to find an amazing cast for the show!!

Hope Theatre Co. will also be looking for Individuals to help with
Tech-Lighting/Video/Sound, Stage Crew- Building,set, props , Costume Crew- Assist Lanie Barrett in sewing etc..
Printing- Programs/Ticekts/Banners/Signs
Flyers , Promotions- Distirbution,Media etc.
We are also currently looking for an intern to work two afternoons
a week along side the the Director to help with whatever needs to be
done! A small stipend will be paid after production is finished. If
interested in any of the above or if you know of anyone feel free to
send them our way!

Thank you all!

Angela Barrett
Director Hope Theatre Company
http://www.hopetheatreco.com

HopeTheatreCo
11-05-2008, 01:38 PM
We had a decent turn out this week for our auditions and have some very promising participants. However, we are still needing guys and girls between the ages of 15-25 to round out our cast. We are especially looking for guys for our ensemble, African American individuals for Ensemble and lead characters and a few dancers.
If you are an excellent vocalist and actor/actress but are afraid of dance, you have NOTHING to worry about. We have a fantastic choreographer who will work patiently with you :) He will make you look awesome!

Auditions are by appointment only and you can contact the Director Angela Barrett at 405-343-7403 or email HopeTheatreCo@mac.com.
Check the website for character description and audition requirements. We are located downtown OKC on Broadway in the Sandridge Energy Complex.

Thanks so much OKC for helping get the word out!

A.B.