View Full Version : New place to live?

masonsmomma
10-04-2008, 07:08 PM
I was just wanting some input on a new place to live in Midwest City. My family and I are looking to move out of our current apartment, and into either a new apartment or a rental home. Does anyone have any advice on where to look? I want a house because we have a 4 year old who wants to be outside all the time. We don't have awesome credit so buying a house is out of the option, but we really want to get out of where we are now. We would like a 3 bedroom, does anyone know price ranges that we should expect? Or any details that will help our search? Thanks for any help!!

usmbubba
10-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Where are you living now????

masonsmomma
10-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Rolling Oaks Apartments, don't have any issues with the place, just want something new.

easternobserver
10-06-2008, 10:25 PM
How about Del City? Channel 9 said they were about to start inspecting all houses to make sure they are safe and up to code....

masonsmomma
10-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the tip easternobserver, I'll do some research on the area.

bombermwc
10-08-2008, 10:29 AM
There are a lot of options...but apartment-wise you're pretty limited. Most of the apartments are of the same age...70's. There are a few however that are newer. Midwest City Depot is hidden and is a nice quiet one. They are off of Air Depot across from Cici's...turn at the beauty supply place. My wife lived there before we got married and was very happy with the place....the kitchens are cramped though. Another one is Concord on Douglas. They are the 2nd newest in MWC and are still pretty nice. Of course you have Legacy on 10th and Air Depot but for that price you can rent a house.

As for rent houses, there are some around the Country Estates Elementary area. The area is nice and quiet and a lot of the homes have 2 car garages..but a lot of 1 car/garage to room conversions. Also there's the area around Midwest City High School and then also Ridgecrest and Cleveland Bailey areas.

It's harder to find rentals because they don't get high advertisements. But you can always check with a realtor to find one. Or do some looking online with Homesok.com. I found one group that listed rentals pretty often, it was an older couple's realty company I think. Longburk... heres' their link Longburk Renting (http://www.longburk.com/renting.html) I checked and they have 3 bedroom rentals listed right now. And they update pretty often. It would be my best suggestion for a home rental. Give them a call and they might tell you about one not listed on the site too.

Jesseda
10-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Bill Walker Duplexes in moore has some 3 bedrooms they are off of eastern and 19th street.. Nice area, plus they do have a yard

masonsmomma
10-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks for all the help. We drove around today and got a few numbers, it seems more homes are for sell than for rent right now. Hopefully one of the ones I had today will work out. If we can't find house, I might be interested in a 3 bedroom apartment, we are just getting too cramped in our 2 bedroom.

Drake
10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Check with Malones Property Mgmt in Del City. THey are probably the largest in the Mid-Del area for residential rentals. Good people, too.