View Full Version : Rumor mill about new stores 2

Pages : [1] 2

Jesseda
09-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Was watching the moore city channel and they said we will be getting a toysrus store with the babiesrus. also vans pig stand is moving and The dog house will be in its place off 4th street.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Shiny new thread!

The Dog House? Kennel, bar, or new BBQ joint?

:D

Martin
09-04-2008, 07:53 AM
isn't dog house the hot dog joint that currently sits across the street from van's? surprised they do enough business to expand to a larger shop.

-M

Jesseda
09-04-2008, 08:29 AM
yes the dog house is the hot dog place on 4th street, My family and I ate dinner there last night (it was hot dog weather and the kids love them) well the lady at the dog house told me vans is moving (she didnt know where) and that they are going to take over the building after vans leaves.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-04-2008, 08:36 AM
That's a BIG place for just hot dogs.

Jesseda
09-04-2008, 08:42 AM
thats what I thought as well, maybe they might ad hamburgers or something else to the mix, It was my first time to eat at the dog house, it wasnt all that to be honest but we had to try it and like i said it felt like hot dog with chili weather. Maybe they will expand there menu to different types of hot dogs, all i seen there was the regular hot dog and ahot links, maybe if they spie it up with different types of dogs like they do at pinks in L.A

MonkeesFan
09-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Was watching the moore city channel and they said we will be getting a toysrus store with the babiesrus. also vans pig stand is moving and The dog house will be in its place off 4th street.

Toys R Us? Eh....

Intrepid
09-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Toys R Us? Eh....

Is the one by Crossroads still open? Perhaps they are moving to Moore?

I rarely go to Toys R Us anymore, but when I do, I go to the one in Norman.

slick
09-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Is the one by Crossroads still open? Perhaps they are moving to Moore?

I rarely go to Toys R Us anymore, but when I do, I go to the one in Norman.

That seems logical, because I doubt there is that much demand for Toys R Us to have the one in Moore and the Crossroads location co exist. I could be wrong though.

BTW, if I had to guess, I would bet that the development behind Aldi on 19th (where the Carl's Jr. is being built) will be where the Toys R Us goes.

Jesseda
09-08-2008, 06:21 AM
according to moore economic development leader ( i forget her name debra debbie?) She said the new toysrus is going next to the best buy that is being built.

SoonerDave
09-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I can't fathom Toys-r-Us keeping both locations open. They're not exactly a healthy chain financially, their prices are among the consistently worst...they are facing increased competition for the seasonal dollars from Target and WalMart....

Jesseda
09-12-2008, 06:40 AM
as a parent of two young kids, when it comes to toy sales, toysrus has walmart beat hands down.. there summer sales are 70 percent off toys, and they always have weekly adds with something good in there that beats walmart by land slide. granted thre is some things more expensive at toysrus than walmart, but the sales at toysrus have walmart beat

cindyl57
09-13-2008, 06:25 AM
When you quit shopping at Toys r Us, does that mean your getting old...LOL
Although I do have Grandchildren now...I don't frequent that store near as much as I did when my kids were just kids...

Williamsport
09-13-2008, 08:45 AM
It is not as unique as it used to be with Wal-Mart and all of that.

Jesseda
09-15-2008, 06:33 AM
Toysrus has lost its shine a bit, they use to have the playhouses in the store to advertise, so kids can actually try before they decide. I do hope this toysrus going in moore will be a good size, it seems like all the stores are shrinking.

zrfdude
09-26-2008, 11:44 PM
If they're building a new store, it will probably be 55-70K sq. ft... That's about the size the new "R Superstores" were when I worked for the company. Most of that space will be toy devoted. Just for reference, the Norman store is 30k, Crossroads 83k, and Quail 87k square feet. One thing to note is that there probably will not be a children's clothing section, only baby clothing...All of the new store prototypes eliminate the Kids R Us clothing section.

I hope Moore gets this. The new stores are extremely nice, but I have yet to visit one in person. I think the closest is in Irving, TX.

ndmoore
09-29-2008, 03:22 PM
They cleared some land next to the IBC Bank on 19th street. Anyone know what is going there?

CCOKC
09-29-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't know about this particular IBC but the majority of the ones on the north side have been rebuilt right next to the old location so perhaps this is what is happening on 19th.

soonerliberal
09-29-2008, 09:04 PM
I don't know about this particular IBC but the majority of the ones on the north side have been rebuilt right next to the old location so perhaps this is what is happening on 19th.

The one there is less than 2 years old... so I doubt that is the case.

Jesseda
09-30-2008, 10:41 AM
im not sure exactly where ibc bank is, but the city of moore said a chick-fil-a is going in on 19th street by chilies and starbucks area dont know which side ofthe street though

soonerkev
09-30-2008, 12:13 PM
I believe the Chick-Fil-A is going to be on the corner just to the East of Starbucks.

ndmoore
09-30-2008, 01:30 PM
The IBC Bank is just across the street from Moore Golf and Athletic Club. The bank is on the North side of 19th Street.

Jesseda
10-01-2008, 06:32 AM
okay i didnt know exactly where the chick-fil-a thing was going, there is a lot of stuff foinf in moore on 19th east and west, the west side of i-35 is the rock plaza center, but I do not know what is going by the bank the city of moore site has nothing listed, but you cant go by just them hmmmm anyone know?

SoonerGirl26
10-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Here is what is posted on the City of Moore website about new construction going on in the area. Maybe this will help....

Announcements - City of Moore (http://www.cityofmoore.com/Services/Economic%20Development%20Department/Retail/Announcements/)

-----------------------

russellc
10-24-2008, 02:59 PM
I heard today while getting my haircut that Jimmy's Egg was being built by Russell Stover's, but the city's site says it is going to be a dental depot?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-24-2008, 03:02 PM
I'd MUCH rather have Jimmy's than a dentist!

old okie
10-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Another rumor? Anyone hear about a proposed Target, but not a Super Target, to be built "around the Home Depot"?

We've heard this rumor from several folks and noticed today that it looks like some ground work is being done just west of Home Depot on south side of 19th.

Chase
10-26-2008, 08:37 PM
That is happening by Direct Development. You can see the site plan and info at ddevelopment.com

I am not quite sure what is the deciding factor between a Super Target and regular Target. For instance, Target is building a reg. store in Moore, they opened a reg. store at Tulsa Hills, and are building a reg. store in Broken Arrow. They have Super Targets in Edmond and Norman and supposedly planning a South Tulsa Super Target although its not set in stone. Any thoughts?

SeinfeldBlock
10-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Dental Depot? Those are so annoyingly cheesy. I would almost rather see anything.

Geez, the traffic on 19th.....I can't even imagine.

Jesseda
11-10-2008, 08:38 AM
just passing along that the new carls jr opened last week, the employees at the new one said they like the old carls jr. better, it had a bigger kitchen and dinning facility, alos the way the drive thru is constructed is really a hassle, it is to narrow in areas. So sad.

MonkeesFan
11-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I just went to the new Best Buy today and I wasn't too impressed, it's too small and not really much selections (DVDs, cameras, etc et)

Intrepid
11-16-2008, 05:49 PM
I just went to the new Best Buy today and I wasn't too impressed, it's too small and not really much selections (DVDs, cameras, etc et)

I heard/read somewhere (maybe here) that that's going to be the size of all new Best Buy's...to help cut costs.

MonkeesFan
11-16-2008, 05:56 PM
I heard/read somewhere (maybe here) that that's going to be the size of all new Best Buy's...to help cut costs.

Really? That sucks but I'm glad they are keeping the Best Buy open on I-35, much better selections

Jesseda
11-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Isnt the best buy on I-35 having to be taken out due to the the new intertate plans?

proud2Bsooner
11-19-2008, 07:39 AM
The one on I-35 will remain. If you look at the plans that Pete posted somewhere on the OKC board the new interchange does not cut through any of the property around XRoads. But no one should expect the Moore BBuy to be a big store when the I-35 store is so close. It is a flagship store in the City...probably the busiest.

SeinfeldBlock
11-20-2008, 10:36 AM
A lot of the bigger stuff I've looked for in the Norman Best Buy, they didn't have and sent me to the I-35 one. I finally just started going there all the time to get what I need, even though I have no real reason to be in that area anyway. By far my favorite Best Buy. Saw the one in Moore--good, but not great.

MonkeesFan
11-21-2008, 01:24 PM
A lot of the bigger stuff I've looked for in the Norman Best Buy, they didn't have and sent me to the I-35 one. I finally just started going there all the time to get what I need, even though I have no real reason to be in that area anyway. By far my favorite Best Buy. Saw the one in Moore--good, but not great.

Yeah, that happened to me once, I remember going to Norman Best Buy to buy a Sony Walkman and they didn't have it so they told me to go to Best Buy I-35 since they might have it there and then I went there, bam, they have plenty of them so I bought it

Chase
11-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I went through Norman, Moore, and the Crossroads area and thought it to be strange that there were 3 Best Buys within less than 15 minutes of driving.

slick
12-03-2008, 04:38 PM
The Moore and Norman Bestbuys are not that big, I still frequent the Crossroads location since they seem to have a better selection than the Moore/Norman locations.

BTW, what is that structure going up behind the Hey Day building? I see a metal framed building, looks large, and has me intrigued now.

cas
12-04-2008, 07:07 AM
The new building by Hey Hay is the Star Sports Center. Go to starsportscenter.com to read about it.

Jesseda
12-04-2008, 07:08 AM
When i was heyday last weekend they mentioned it was going to be like a gymnastics place. I was hoping for a heyday expansion

ndmoore
12-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Does anyone know for sure whether we are getting a Super Target or just a regular Target?

Easy180
12-04-2008, 08:30 PM
When i was heyday last weekend they mentioned it was going to be like a gymnastics place. I was hoping for a heyday expansion

Awesome!...I can't wait to not go

MonkeesFan
12-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Does anyone know for sure whether we are getting a Super Target or just a regular Target?

Regular

Intrepid
12-08-2008, 10:57 PM
The Lazer Tag place next to the Salvation Army store is gone.

I'm really not surprised. I figured it would be gone a long time ago.

Jesseda
12-09-2008, 07:20 AM
I forgot all about that place lol, it was a fun place, it was the only place in moore for kids at the time, now that we have the theater and andy alligator with heyday, you have to be competitive to stay in moore. So is a hobby lobby or a michaels coming to moore?

cevinus
12-18-2008, 07:12 AM
They probably won't put a Michael's or Hobby Lobby in Moore since they have the one's on I-240 and the one's in Norman. Moore is about equidistant from both of them.

soonerkev
12-20-2008, 08:47 AM
For you gelato lovers, Il Dolce Gelato is opening up a store in the shopping center near Mazzios off of Telephone Road. This is going to be a great addition of a locally owned business to Moore!

sunshineofyoursmile
12-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Gelato! Now were talkin'!

Jesseda
12-24-2008, 01:19 PM
does anybody know if the new pets mart is open yet?

soonerkev
12-24-2008, 07:48 PM
I near there a few days ago, and it did not appear to be open.

oneforone
12-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Pet's Mart is scheduled to Grand Open on 2/7/09. They will probably soft open a few days before that just to get the kinks out.

PetSmart Store Grand Openings (http://customer-support.petsmart.com/grand-openings/)

t3h_wookiee
12-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Awesome about the gelato shop! That's the same one from in Norman's Robinson Crossing right? They are absolutely delicious!

So we're getting a BRU also? My sister in law will be very happy. Where is it going in?

Jesseda
12-29-2008, 02:30 PM
a lady at my work told me she was at the last city hall meeting amd they where discussing property that is owned by TGI fridays, she told me they plan to break ground in the spring, does anybody know this for a fact, i want to believe this lady, but i like to see it in writting or a city posting somewhere first

slick
12-29-2008, 02:37 PM
a lady at my work told me she was at the last city hall meeting amd they where discussing property that is owned by TGI fridays, she told me they plan to break ground in the spring, does anybody know this for a fact, i want to believe this lady, but i like to see it in writting or a city posting somewhere first

I've heard rumors about TGI Friday's coming to Moore for a while now, I did not know that they owned property in Moore though. Where exactly is the property located?

Jesseda
12-30-2008, 07:08 AM
the lady who told me said it was by fritts property, but i was told over a year ago from a lowes employee, that they had a piece of land on the n.e side of lowes.

oneforone
01-08-2009, 02:55 AM
What is going just to the East of Starbucks and Home Depot? I went by their a a week ago;however, it was dark.

mrbubba81
01-08-2009, 02:58 PM
It's going to be a Chick-Fil-A. :woowoo:

MonkeesFan
01-09-2009, 03:04 AM
What is going just to the East of Starbucks and Home Depot? I went by their a a week ago;however, it was dark.

I think it's suppose to be a Chickfila but I might be wrong

Intrepid
01-09-2009, 06:01 AM
I think it's suppose to be a Chickfila but I might be wrong

Yesterday, someone at work told me that it was going to be a ChikFilA.

I thought that project was dead.