View Full Version : Figs / Dates

amylynn5656
08-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Anyone know where I can get some fresh figs or some Medjool dates here in OKC? Thanks!

OKCCrime
08-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Anyone know where I can get some fresh figs or some Medjool dates here in OKC? Thanks!

Mediterranean Import & Deli - OKC Live (http://www.okclive.com/mediterraneanimportdeli/)

amylynn5656
08-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Thanks so much!

metro
08-25-2008, 07:43 AM
I've even seen packages of them in the fresh foods area of WalMart and Supertarget.

JuJuBeans
04-17-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm looking for fresh figs since, the weather is getting warmer. I had no idea that the Mediterranean Import & Deli carried them..

KarenAGypsy
04-24-2009, 12:29 AM
I think you can only buy them when they're in season.

Here in OK, you can grow lovely fresh figs. We bought two tiny bushes (Lowe's, if I remember right) about 4-5 years ago. They now tower over 9-10 ft tall and every July-August we supply figs to all our family. They take lots of water and some sun and to be safe, my husband covers them in leaves each winter. Yum!! Well worth the trouble.

Duckslammer
05-09-2009, 12:28 AM
I'm looking for fresh figs since, the weather is getting warmer. I had no idea that the Mediterranean Import & Deli carried them..

Medit Imports is a local treasure. Not only figs and dates, but probably two dozen imported European cheeses, a dozen different types of olives, bulk spices, all kinds of cold cuts... Not to mention a wonderful deli with middle eastern foods. I've been patronizing Atif since the week he first opened the doors, and he only ever gets better.

dd

amylynn5656
05-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Medit Imports is a local treasure. Not only figs and dates, but probably two dozen imported European cheeses, a dozen different types of olives, bulk spices, all kinds of cold cuts... Not to mention a wonderful deli with middle eastern foods. I've been patronizing Atif since the week he first opened the doors, and he only ever gets better.

dd

I LOVE Medit Imports. It is my favorite lunch place in OKC - and the grocery portion of the store is remarkable. The Middle Eastern Platter is my favorite and the baklava is delicious!

lasomeday
05-15-2009, 07:07 PM
OSU in Stillwater has date trees on campus.