View Full Version : MWC is a great place to live.

grandshoemaster
07-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Everytime I log on to the Midwest City link, I see the "MWC has gone downhill" link. I happen to love Midwest City and I love where I live. Every city has a place that has gone "downhill". Let's not make it sound like the whole city is going to crap.:fighting3

bombermwc
07-31-2008, 02:08 PM
AMEN, it pisses me off everytime I see that title because its completely false.

Lauri101
07-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Ditto - although maybe we can keep the riff-raff out of MWC if they think it's true! :bright_id

Luke
07-31-2008, 03:58 PM
My parents live in MWC. Not bad at all.

Redskin 70
08-01-2008, 06:56 AM
maybe we should all have an agreement to post no further to that link...........:tiphat:

grandshoemaster
08-01-2008, 09:13 AM
I agree. Anyone else?

Velvetaunt
08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Oh myyyyyy, I am so sorry. I never meant to offend. Don't get me wrong, I believe Midwest City and Del City has lots to offer. However, if problems are never addressed, how is it possible that these cities can improve.

As you recall I still have family there and I plan to retire there someday. Naturally I would be concerned about the future. Especially in the next 10 years.

I don't recall how long the thread existed, but you can see good responses did come about.

Again, my apologies.

Lauri101
08-01-2008, 05:19 PM
I agree. Anyone else?

I'm all in

plmccordj
08-01-2008, 05:55 PM
I am from Del City and have come accustomed to the constant bashing of this side of town. Many people drive by on the freeway and see older homes and think it is a bad place to live. Some people have never grasped the concept of living within their means like actually having their home paid for. I love the Mid-Del area and shop here any time possible to keep my tax dollars here.

oklahomajewel
08-01-2008, 07:51 PM
I have lived here all my life and it is certainly "home" ....
I work way across town, but when selling and downsizing homes last year, I almost started to think of getting an apt on the north side, but when I thought no, I DON"T want an apt, and considered houses I never thought of the Village, Quail Creek, or that side of town.

Now I'm in the Original Mile and love it... clean neighborhood, it's great to see mom's and strollers, kids on bikes, couples jogging, and neighbors talking.

Julie