View Full Version : Hot Dog Park

metro
06-30-2008, 10:12 AM
I noticed a banner several times in the last few weeks while driving by the old deli/coffeehouse on NW Classen and about NW 32nd. I can't remember the name of the old place that was there (same owner as Grateful Bean). It's right in front of the Red Cup place. Anyhow Hot Dog Park is coming soon and it will be replacing the old deli/coffehouse.

FritterGirl
06-30-2008, 10:23 AM
I noticed that, too. It's in that two-story building with the "jeep on a pole" in front of it.

solitude
06-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Is it where that new knitting shop is - in the old house?

FritterGirl
06-30-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't think so. I believe the house you're referring to is the one directly west of Red Cup.

The "jeep on the pole" building, where the Hot Dog Park sign is, is just north of the 7-11, which is across the street north from Red Cup.

solitude
06-30-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't think so. I believe the house you're referring to is the one directly west of Red Cup.

The "jeep on the pole" building, where the Hot Dog Park sign is, is just north of the 7-11, which is across the street north from Red Cup.

Ahhh....yes....of course! I can picture it now.Thanks, FritterGirl.

citizenkane
06-30-2008, 11:08 PM
This used to be Deli on the Labyrinth.

metro
07-01-2008, 07:30 AM
yes, but they had another name "Deli on the Labyrinth" was like their alter ego.

metro
09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
I finally stopped by and ate there earlier this week. I had the Chicago Dog and the Cuban Dog which are their two most popular. They feature Nathan's All Beef Hotdogs. I highly recommend the Chicago Dog, it is pretty tasty. I didn't care much at all for the Cuban Dog, the flavors didn't seem to meld well to me and the guacamole was cold as was the turkey bacon (not to mention it didn't taste right with the dog). All and all, you can't beat a good cheap meal for $3.50 or so. I believe most of their combo meals are $2.50 and $3.50 including your choice of side and a fountain drink. I'll definitely be going back soon. The only thing I suggest is what others mentioned and that the dogs need to be grilled and not steamed. I hope this place sticks around, I think it is the same owner as before (who also owns Grateful Bean). I was the only customer in the place at around 1pm. The employees are very friendly but didn't seem confident in how to make the dogs without pulling out a menu. Hopefully they'll get it memorized soon.