View Full Version : Classen Curve

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Pete
01-16-2011, 03:00 PM
There was just a $200,000 building permit issued for Classen Curve, to remodel 10,000 square feet.

Looks like a larger tenant will be going in there soon. Perhaps the previously announced Winter House Interiors?

blujones
01-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I am pretty sure the apple rumor is not legit. I think they are looking to open a new store in Norman.

I do have it under good authority that Winter House Interiors and Carwins Shave Shop, which are both now located in Northpark Mall, will be moving into classen curve within the next four months.

Snowman
01-23-2011, 09:53 PM
I am pretty sure the apple rumor is not legit. I think they are looking to open a new store in Norman.

I do have it under good authority that Winter House Interiors and Carwins Shave Shop, which are both now located in Northpark Mall, will be moving into classen curve within the next four months.

Norman makes a lot more sense then CC, if Apple were to build outside of the mall but close to it, it would have to be significantly larger, probably one of the stand alone stores. Which I doubt they would spend the money one for around here. It would be nice to at least get another mall location or expand the current one, it is usually packed and seemingly near the max number of that staff can operate in the volume of space they have.

betts
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM

I will predict that Winter House Interiors will not do well at the Curve, unless their customers drive. Their style of decorating suits a farther north location. But, we'll see.....I may be wrong.

blujones
01-27-2011, 09:49 AM
You might be right, who knows. I am sure they will have to make some changes. They will have to do better at CC then where they are now at North Park Mall. That malls traffic is pretty horrible. Just the fact that they will be more visible will have to help some.

blujones
01-27-2011, 09:53 AM
On the apple store I do hear they are looking to do a stand alone, which I would like. I hate malls. The only reason I go to penn is the apple store. I might be willing to drive to norman just to avoid the mall. :)

Patrick
01-27-2011, 10:12 AM
I think there will be a local store authorized to sell Apple products locating in Classen Curve, but not a corporate store.

OKCTalker
01-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Classen Curve is probably going to turn out to be more like Northpark Mall...mostly high end luxury retailers, that most of us on here won't be able to shop at. Not sure why all the buzz about some of these stores. Like take Uptown Kids for instance....all that store is is an overpriced luxury boutique where the extremely wealthy come to get pampered. Whoopty doo.

What's with the class warfare? Your taking shots at the affluent for shopping at high-end stores is no different than someone else taking shots at the poor for shopping at Wal-Mart.

metro
01-27-2011, 10:35 AM
http://www.straightrazorplace.com/forums/general-razor-shaving-related-discussion/48226-found-new-shaving-store-oklahoma-city.html

Looks like this was mentioned on another board a year ago.

blujones
01-27-2011, 04:37 PM
yeah, the feeling I get is that it has been in the works for a while but just recentely was nailed down.

I think the Whole Foods took priority and everything else got pushed behind it.

We may start seeing a flux of new tenants now that that is taken care of.

I would definitely like to see if fill up with some good shops.

Goodengroup
02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trfKENpyBHQ

Doug Loudenback
02-17-2011, 07:55 PM
I went to the new Balliets a few days ago to buy my wife a valentine's gift ... a perfume brand not sold elsewhere in the city ... I was knocked over by the beautiful (male & female) sales people and their demeanor ... not to mention the drop dead gorgeous lady who sold me some perfume & powder on the 2nd floor. I need to go back just to gawk at the ladies.

It took me a bit of time to learn that this shop's entrance is from Western and is not otherwise connected with the Classen Curve elements on Classen Blvd.

metro
02-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Lol.

Goodengroup
03-04-2011, 02:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YoNBuvixuc

metro
03-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Updated list of Classen Curve tenants
Uptown Kids
Balliets
On a Whim
BD Home
Barre3
Red Coyote
105 Degrees
Cafe' 501
Republic
Upper Crust
Black Optical - coming soon
Steven Giles - coming soon
Winter House Interiors -coming soon

redrunner
03-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know what the latest occupancy rate is?

Pete
03-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Assuming Winter House takes that entire back building, that would put them about 60% occupied -- that's including Balliet's and the restaurants.

Total square footage is about 83,000.

Patrick
03-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Updated list of Classen Curve tenants
Uptown Kids
Balliets
On a Whim
BD Home
Barre3
Red Coyote
105 Degrees
Cafe' 501
Republic
Upper Crust
Black Optical - coming soon
Steven Giles - coming soon
Winter House Interiors -coming soon

sigh.

dankrutka
03-05-2011, 10:06 AM
sigh.

Why do you say that? Just curious....

Spartan
03-05-2011, 01:03 PM
I was wondering something just now: Does anyone have any guess as to how integrated the housing units behind the parking will be with the actual retail development? It would seem hard to get a clear picture of at this point as Chesapeake keeps acquiring properties and presumably making other plans in that area. Hard to tell how those modern condos could tie in.

BoulderSooner
03-07-2011, 07:05 AM
I was wondering something just now: Does anyone have any guess as to how integrated the housing units behind the parking will be with the actual retail development? It would seem hard to get a clear picture of at this point as Chesapeake keeps acquiring properties and presumably making other plans in that area. Hard to tell how those modern condos could tie in.

not at all from what i can tell .. CHK now as an agreement with the HOA to not develop any land south of their 58th st property ...

they plan to buy the last 3 houses on 58th and then close 58th buid a wall to the south and build 2 more Curve buildings ..

okclee
03-07-2011, 09:33 AM
All of the homes on the north side 57th street will remain?

BoulderSooner
03-07-2011, 12:51 PM
All of the homes on the north side 57th street will remain?

yes .. they agree to not build past the middle .. of the block ..

Snowman
03-07-2011, 04:15 PM
yes .. they agree to not build past the middle .. of the block ..

I would not be surprised if it did happen eventually

wsucougz
03-07-2011, 06:50 PM
not at all from what i can tell .. CHK now as an agreement with the HOA to not develop any land south of their 58th st property ...

they plan to buy the last 3 houses on 58th and then close 58th buid a wall to the south and build 2 more Curve buildings ..

Where would the other two buildings fit?

Patrick
03-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Why do you say that? Just curious....

Nothing really there that makes it any more of a destination than Northpark Mall.

metro
03-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Republic alone is more of a draw than all of Northpark mall. Ballets is drawing people from Dallas!

okclee
03-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Where would the other two buildings fit?

I'm wondering the same. Looking at google map, I am having a difficult time seeing two more buildings without going all the way south to 57th street.

BoulderSooner
03-08-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm wondering the same. Looking at google map, I am having a difficult time seeing two more buildings without going all the way south to 57th street.

remember if they build to more building it means that they own the west 3 lots on 58th st .. and 58th st will be closed and the wall shrub barrier between 58th and the rest of classen curve will be gone .. and the buildings would be centered were 58th currently sits

okclee
03-08-2011, 10:36 AM
I need one of Pete's color coded maps for a visual.

BoulderSooner
03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
I need one of Pete's color coded maps for a visual.

not close to as good as pete's but it could look something like this ..

Pete
03-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Nice Boulder!

They could easily fit two more of those buildings there, especially since they are so shallow.

And if you notice the existing structures back up pretty closely to the adjoining homes.

wsucougz
03-08-2011, 12:58 PM

That makes sense, thanks.

okclee
03-08-2011, 01:40 PM

Very good, thanks for the visual.

It really is an odd retail center in more ways than one, but hey it works.

Goodengroup
05-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Rand Elliott and Uptown Kids Featured in International Design Magazine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5UO_F2nl9g

Pete
05-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Wow, that is great pub for Rand Elliott, Uptown Kids, Classen Curve and Oklahoma City. They were actually the cover story for Interior Design with 13 photos of the shop and center:

http://www.interiordesign.net/photo/358/358324-Interior_Design_April_2011.jpg

http://www.interiordesign.net/article/538170-The_Stroller_Set.php

soonerfan21
05-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Wow that is super cool. What an honor for Classen Curve and especially Uptown Kids

adaniel
05-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Wow this is a pretty big catch by Classen Curve. Anthropologie is moving in....

http://newsok.com/new-clothing-store-coming-to-classen-curve/article/3569764

calitook
05-20-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure how exactly to express my squeal of glee in typewritten form
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Wow this is a pretty big catch by Classen Curve. Anthropologie is moving in....

http://newsok.com/new-clothing-store-coming-to-classen-curve/article/3569764

BDP
05-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Will this be a stand alone store in what they are building to the west of whole foods?

Pete
05-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Yes, stand alone building that is under construction due west of the Whole Foods building.

Should be open this fall.

metro
05-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Also, don't think it's been mentioned, but shave shop is opening in Classen curve

ChargerAg
05-20-2011, 10:52 PM
That article says it will open in February. This construction process is nuts it is so slow.

Spartan
05-21-2011, 01:17 PM
By the way, why are there three threads for Chesapeake development? Two just for Classen Curve (including Whole Foods)?

Debzkidz
05-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Also, don't think it's been mentioned, but shave shop is opening in Classen curve

That's cool. DH will love to hear that.

Goodengroup
07-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Nice article on Uptown Kids in today's Journal Record. The store has been featured in two international magazines lately: Interior Design (on the cover and 8-page spread) and most recently Hinge, which is based in Hong Kong along with RePUBlic.

Here's the Journal Record article: Innovators: Uptown Kids – not just another shop (http://journalrecord.com/2011/07/11/innovators-uptown-kids-%E2%80%93-not-just-another-shop-real-estate/)

ljbab728
07-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Nice article on Uptown Kids in today's Journal Record. The store has been featured in two international magazines lately: Interior Design (on the cover and 8-page spread) and most recently Hinge, which is based in Hong Kong along with RePUBlic.

Here's the Journal Record article: Innovators: Uptown Kids – not just another shop (http://journalrecord.com/2011/07/11/innovators-uptown-kids-%E2%80%93-not-just-another-shop-real-estate/)

The link says login is required to read the article.

Pete
08-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Building permit issued for new tenant at Classen Curve: 1,131 square feet being remodeled for the owners of Green Goodies (http://www.greengoodiesbytiffany.com/home2.html) which is currently located at 7606 N. Western.

onthestrip
08-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Another retailer that they siphoned off from another center...*sigh*

Architect2010
08-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Welcome to America.

foodiefan
08-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Another retailer that they siphoned off from another center...*sigh*
You could say that about any move a retailer makes. . . . or people (who move in-metro) for that matter. Are people who move from the 'burbs to downtown being "siphoned off from another" area?

onthestrip
08-02-2011, 10:52 AM
You could say that about any move a retailer makes. . . . or people (who move in-metro) for that matter. Are people who move from the 'burbs to downtown being "siphoned off from another" area?

My complaints are more from the fact that Classen Curve was made out to be the greatest new shopping center this city has ever seen when in reality it is a poorly laid out center that, outside of a few decent restaurant, has just taken retailers from nearby locations, which doesn't do anything to improve the shopping in okc.

Pete
08-02-2011, 11:09 AM
In fairness to CC, it came on-line in the worst retail climate since the great depression. And from the outset, their focus was local retailers. They have added a few completely new stores in Red Coyote, Black Optical and Uptown Kids.

They are now about 75% leased which is pretty darn good given the circumstances.

Once Whole Foods and the surrounding development really gets cranking, I still think that area is going to do very well with more big-name national chains.

But it is true that besides the restaurants, the large majority of retailers are just being plucked from other developments. And I would bet CHK is providing pretty good subsidies/concessions to get these places to move.

Spartan
08-02-2011, 11:13 AM
My complaints are more from the fact that Classen Curve was made out to be the greatest new shopping center this city has ever seen when in reality it is a poorly laid out center that, outside of a few decent restaurant, has just taken retailers from nearby locations, which doesn't do anything to improve the shopping in okc.

Hard to disagree with this.

metro
08-02-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't recall any promotion for CC, and on top of that WF and Anthropologie are nothing to brush off

redrunner
08-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't recall any promotion for CC, and on top of that WF and Anthropologie are nothing to brush off

WF & Anthropologie ≠ Classen Curve.

metro
08-02-2011, 12:07 PM
WF & Anthropologie ≠ Classen Curve.

WF & Anthropologie = Classen Curve AREA, which "The Triangle at the Curve, Classen Curve, and yet to be announced" are still a part of the greater Classen Curve shopping area.

Some might laugh, but 105 Degrees aka Matthew Kenney is nothing to sneeze at, even though it's not near as busy as they'd like, he's one of the biggest names in the biz, and that restaurant easily could have been put in New York, Vegas or LA. Uptown Kids is getting rave reviews in retail circles and international magazines, people drive up from Dallas to Balliets. I wouldn't say it's a failure either.

Red, are you affiliated with Red Coyote at all?

redrunner
08-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I realize WF & Anthropologie are part of The Triangle at Classen Curve however the topic of this thread and views expressed by certain people are referring to the original Classen Curve development. The Triangle is a separate animal. I don't think anyone is knocking WF and Anthropologie.

Red, are you affiliated with Red Coyote at all?
That's irrelevant.

BoulderSooner
08-02-2011, 12:27 PM
also of note is that the entire CC area will have a very different feel and a much better layout, if/when CHK aquires the remaining 2 houses on 58th. CHK will open the barrier between 58th and the rest of CC and build 2 more buildings that will be some of the largest in the curve

metro
08-02-2011, 12:36 PM
I realize WF & Anthropologie are part of The Triangle at Classen Curve however the topic of this thread and views expressed by certain people are referring to the original Classen Curve development. The Triangle is a separate animal. I don't think anyone is knocking WF and Anthropologie.

That's irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant if your a business owner who is seen as having a poor attitude on a public forum, in which you have a store in discussed development. Sounds like your bitter CC isn't meeting your expectations.