View Full Version : Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

soonerfever
04-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Guys sorry if this is already posted. NewsOK is reporting that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will debut in OKC. This is huge news for the city. For those of you who don't know this is considered the most anticipated movie of the decade.

New 'Indiana Jones' movie to debut in Oklahoma City | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/article/3233398/1208883557)

ouguy23
04-22-2008, 02:58 PM
I think this is awesome and I for one would love to go to it. I hope some of the stars come out to this.

jbrown84
04-22-2008, 03:31 PM
It comes out in theatres on May 23. I doubt this is THE premiere, but it's still very exciting. I hope some of the stars come.

soonerfever
04-22-2008, 03:38 PM
I am sure it's not going to be like what you see in LA or NY, but like you said jbrown it is still exciting. I think the article said Matt Damon attended the OKC event for Bourne 3 so you never know. It would really be cool if Ford, Spielberg or Lucas showed up.

Karried
04-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Very nice.. Was it Riverwind ( where they premiered Mel Gibson's movie?)

I hope they do it at the new Warren Theater.

mmonroe
04-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Anywhere in the OKC Metro would be fine with me.

kevinpate
04-22-2008, 06:05 PM
big enough movie it wouldn't surprise me to see it devoted to multiple screens, per house, for several nights running, throughout the metro, the other metro and even the smaller not quite ready for prime time metros

Blazerfan11
04-22-2008, 06:28 PM
"..proceeds from the special opening will benefit a local children's hospital, officials announced this morning."

Wow. Someone did some great work.....

metro
04-22-2008, 08:35 PM
It will probably be like Harkins, just like all his other premieres. If not, he may be considering the Warren since it's so nice. Normally they flat out say Harkins, but since they said "a theater has not been announced" this leads me to believe they are seriously considering Warren in Moore.

Intrepid
04-22-2008, 09:02 PM
It will probably be like Harkins, just like all his other premieres. If not, he may be considering the Warren since it's so nice. Normally they flat out say Harkins, but since they said "a theater has not been announced" this leads me to believe they are seriously considering Warren in Moore.

Maybe they're trying to get Bill Warren to make a sizable donation to the hospital in exchange to have the premier at The Warren.

mmonroe
04-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Warren sounds like a better fix.. but since it's a premiere, would they have the time to dub the film to digital?

mmonroe
04-22-2008, 09:10 PM
After re-reading it I found this, "will be May 18 in Oklahoma City" but was befuddled by this, "The location and ticket prices haven't been determined, Coppenbarger said."

Where else in "Oklahoma City", would you hold a premiere?

edcrunk
04-22-2008, 09:14 PM
it turns out that it is a private screening...

Intrepid
04-22-2008, 09:19 PM
After re-reading it I found this, "will be May 18 in Oklahoma City" but was befuddled by this, "The location and ticket prices haven't been determined, Coppenbarger said."

Where else in "Oklahoma City", would you hold a premiere?

Not that this would be a viable option now, but wasn't there a big premier of something a few years back at the Penn Square theater?

If it's gonna be held in Oklahoma City, then Bricktown is the right choice. I would also agree that it's the right choice because of it's surroundings. Then again, having Sonic and Earl's Rib Palace are hardly any better, IMO. But with the big buildings and the Bricktown "atmosphere", that makes up for it.

metro
04-23-2008, 09:04 AM
it turns out that it is a private screening...

Premieres are almost always (if not always) private screenings. You can't have Joe Blow wondering down the red carpet in his tank top, not to mention they are usually fundraising events, $150 a ticket or such.

securityinfo
04-23-2008, 09:55 AM
[QUOTE=Intrepid;139424]Not that this would be a viable option now, but wasn't there a big premier of something a few years back at the Penn Square theater?

Twister.

Considering the movie's theme, maybe they plan on having the premier at the Tower Theatre :dizzy:

Intrepid
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=Intrepid;139424]Not that this would be a viable option now, but wasn't there a big premier of something a few years back at the Penn Square theater?

Twister.

Thank you!

:tiphat:

jbrown84
04-23-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the Bourne Ultimatum premiere here was open to anyone that wanted to pay the $150 a ticket.

edcrunk
04-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Premieres are almost always (if not always) private screenings. You can't have Joe Blow wondering down the red carpet in his tank top, not to mention they are usually fundraising events, $150 a ticket or such.
wondering???
i'm just saying that the paper put out a reclarification of the event since it appearantly had been missrepresented in the story that got everyone excited...

btw, i always wander down red carpets in my wife beater (& flip flops) to movie premieres in oklahoma.

=-]

metro
04-23-2008, 07:21 PM
ed, I understand. For one, the final details haven't been ironed out (which the paper stated), thus the paper can't "clarify" it yet. When it says "closed" it means you can't walk up to the window and get a $9.00 ticket and get into the premiere. It "is somewhat" open to the public in that if you spend @$150 a ticket or so, and you get one before they sell out, then you can get it, but not just everyday customers paying regular admission wearing their OU t-shirt and flip flops. As far as better clarification, I'll leave that for you to decide, but Carrie Coppernoll wrote the article, so that speaks for itself IMO. She basically writes high school level articles that belong in a school newspaper.

Frank Marshall is the producer of this movie and produced/premiered the Bourne' series movies at Harkins. This is my first guess that he'll go with what he knows and as others stated, Bricktown has a nicer vibe than say the crappy Dickinson Theatre at Penn Sq. or AMC at Quail. I did find it intriguing that he didn't flat out announce it was going to be at Harkins, thus indicating to me he may strongly be considering Warren, or Warren threw a strong offer at him, since they have Oklahoma's finest theatre, even if the local isnt as nice as Bricktown.

edcrunk
04-24-2008, 08:24 AM
right on... thanx for clarifying.
however, i must add that wearing an OU tee and flip flops is somewhat classy... but we do need some standards so that joe blow doesn't show up in an OSU tee and flip flops (now, that would be tacky)

metro
04-24-2008, 08:54 AM
agreed, no OSU shirts.

mmonroe
04-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Go Pokes?

Intrepid
04-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Go Pokes?

I think you meant, NO Pokes. ;)

:tiphat:

mmonroe
04-24-2008, 09:59 AM
We are a house divided. OsU

CuatrodeMayo
04-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Less that two weeks from an architecture degree.

Go Pokes.

Intrepid
04-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Less that two weeks from an architecture degree.

Go Pokes.

Congrats! I'm less than two weeks away from my associates degree. Then it's on to OU.

Ginkasa
04-25-2008, 12:16 AM
This is going to be at Harkins. I know this.

mmonroe
04-25-2008, 03:49 AM
How do you know? Gut or Proof?

Ginkasa
04-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Proof. I can't give you the proof unfortunately, but I have it., You'll just have to trust me, or not.

zcamaro70
04-25-2008, 01:05 PM
I know they have at least talked to people at Warren about hosting it there. Not saying it is going to be at Warren but they have looked at it.

Ginkasa
04-26-2008, 01:24 AM
Is this from the same guy who said Dan Harkins was at Warren on opening day? Or that Bill Warren's goal was to put Harkins out of business?

zcamaro70
04-26-2008, 01:52 PM
I am also the same guy that said Warren tried to open a theatre downtown where Harkins is but was unable to. I also said Warren was going to expand to 20 screens after the summer and look.... did you see the article in one of the local business papers talking about his planned expansion to 20 screens?

I highly doubt any of these people I have talked to would lie to me. Just curious, from what you said, do you work at Harkins?

You have yet to prove anything I said about Warren incorrect I might point out.

Ginkasa
04-26-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm not saying everything's wrong. But I do know that Dan Harkins has never stepped foot inside Warren. And I'm very skeptical that Bill Warren would say he intended to put Harkins out of business. I also believe I heard about Warren possibly expanding to 20 screens long before you said anything about it, or before the theatre was open....

Who is it that's telling you stuff? Is it an employee? Manager?

zcamaro70
04-27-2008, 09:24 PM
I get my info from many different people around the city, some of them work there at Warren, some do not.
All of the other "premiers" shown in OKC for this charity have been at Harkins. By not confirming a location in the initial press release shows anyone that they are at least considering Warren over Harkins. I finally saw a movie at Warren and it was hands down better than Harkins.
On a side note, who goes to Harkins now that the Warren is open? I bet if you looked before the opening you would see a large portion of Harkins customers were from South OKC since there was no other option. (Hollywood in Norman is not the same...ie cramped old seating) Warren theatre is in a class way above Harkins that I do not see Harkins achieving unless they spend a lot of money on it. There is also no way to fix the parking at Harkins that I can see.

Ginkasa
04-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Its been booked for Harkins long before the that article. A separate evaluation from the writer of that article earlier in this thread stated:

but Carrie Coppernoll wrote the article, so that speaks for itself IMO. She basically writes high school level articles that belong in a school newspaper.

I don't really follow her, but that judgement would leave me to believe she didn't do all of her homework.

And I don't mean to start a huge Harkins vs. Warren argument. You've just said some things that either seem dubious to me, or that I know if flat-out incorrect. I know for a fact that the Indy premiere has been booked for Harkins for a good while, so the ambiguity in the article is just poor reporting at best.

The other things I just simply know are untrue or very unlikely. I can't provide proof, so you'll just have to take my word for it, which you probably won't, but what can you do?

flintysooner
04-28-2008, 05:50 AM
I can't provide proof, so you'll just have to take my word for it, which you probably won't, but what can you do?
I will take your word for it.

mOKCie
05-12-2008, 01:49 PM
So, where is it?
How do we get tix?

metro
05-12-2008, 02:38 PM
It's confirmed it is going to be at Harkins, haven't heard about tickets yet. They are usually $150 a piece.

zcamaro70
05-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Good luck getting tickets unless you have donated a bunch of money. Indiana Jones Premiere In Oklahoma City Not A Fundraiser? // Archives // ecorazzi.com :: the latest in green gossip (http://www.ecorazzi.com/2008/04/29/indiana-jones-premiere-in-oklahoma-city-not-a-fundraiser/) 'Indiana Jones' movie to be screened for private audience | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/article/3233607)

redcup
05-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Twister was opened here. They had it at Penn Square. I believe that the new Jones will benefit The Children's Center in Bethany??

metro
05-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Yes redcup that is correct. As previously stated, this director/producers charity is the Children's Center in Bethany. He also produced the Bourne' series movies which also premiered at Harkins.

animeGhost
05-14-2008, 09:00 PM
i would have thought it would be at warren... you know, cause george lucas owns thx and warren's is the only all digital, all thx theatre in the world. it only makes sense to me.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-19-2008, 12:27 AM
i would have thought it would be at warren... you know, cause george lucas owns thx and warren's is the only all digital, all thx theatre in the world. it only makes sense to me.

Warren is great. It's the best theater that I've ever been to. But it's not a place to premier anything other than your cool new shirt...Due to it's location. Harkin's has that title for Oklahoma. It's a pretty pimp setup they've got going on down there for big dog and pony shows.

mmonroe
05-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Let Moore rework the service road there and finish construction on a few projects they have going there and you'll be surprised, Warren would be the perfect spot for a premier.

flintysooner
05-19-2008, 01:00 PM
I was told that Warren's parking lot has been full to overflowing numerous times since opening. I thought that was hard to believe but more than one person has told me.

kevinpate
05-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Warren's isn't full every night, but I've tooled down I-35 several nights and eyed the mass of steel and rubber in their lot and the Furr's lot as well. I've yet to eat at Furr's. my distaste for crowds still keeps me away. I swear they should have bought up land for another 40 spaces in the p-lot

soonerfever
05-19-2008, 09:57 PM
I was told that Warren's parking lot has been full to overflowing numerous times since opening. I thought that was hard to believe but more than one person has told me.

I have been by there on weekday nights and its packed. Friday and Saturday nights are totally packed. At least thats how it looks from I-35.

dismayed
05-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Regarding the Warren Theatre rumors of expansion... please tell me they are going to add more balcony theaters. Honestly that is the only type of movie experience I wan now... one involving food and alcohol. It'd be great if there were more movie choices available than the two (I think) 21+ theaters that they currently have!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-20-2008, 12:20 AM

I go by there several times a week, and I'm all around that area on the weekends...And people are parked in the grass fairly frequently because the parking lot is so full.

flintysooner
05-20-2008, 05:41 AM
Regarding the Warren Theatre rumors of expansion... please tell me they are going to add more balcony theaters. Honestly that is the only type of movie experience I wan now... one involving food and alcohol. It'd be great if there were more movie choices available than the two (I think) 21+ theaters that they currently have!June 13th - Incredible Hulk!

jbrown84
05-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Dismayed, I doubt they are adding any balcony theatres. At least in the case of the expansions in Wichita, they didn't.

There actually is some kind of construction going on already. Next to the 2 main auditoriums, on either side, they are doing something on both sides of the hallway. They have it blocked off with temporary plywood walls.

fromdust
05-22-2008, 07:51 PM
anybody hear anything on this? what stars were there? did a lot of people show up for the event?

mmonroe
05-22-2008, 11:37 PM
It was like three days ago.. i'm not sure any stars showed up.

jbrown84
05-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Didn't hear a peep. I went to a free preview on Tuesday night, however.